• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG Podcast

I'm not going to let this die as just a thread.

If you want to be part of it then let's get going. Volunteer here.

1. @LutonSpurs

Once we have a team with all the skills we need can the mods create us a private area and give us access to discuss?

Also the first episode doesn't have to get broadcasted to the world. We can just share it here and see how it lands. Don't be shy.

I'm not going to let this die as just a thread.

If you want to be part of it then let's get going. Volunteer here.

1. @LutonSpurs

Once we have a team with all the skills we need can the mods create us a private area and give us access to discuss?

Also the first episode doesn't have to get broadcasted to the world. We can just share it here and see how it lands. Don't be shy.

I’m in.

Err count me in, just so I can say I was there when standing in front of the court

Edit....I’m assuming as this is GG you don’t expect anyone involved to actually know what they are talking about, correct?

It's a great idea, one I've thought about before.

The difficulty isn't in getting set up, the tech is fairly simple. It's more like having a column or a blog where you need the regular content every week/month to fill.

I know we have some journos here, maybe they can help with the content and structure. We also have contacts at the club who I'm sure could arrange some interviews with ex players, etc.

Be very very happy to discuss.

I think we'd have to go for. 40 minute show to start with.

The biggest issue would be editing and platform. The Cheese Room uses a platform I could research, equally there are several we can use. But it is the editing which would be the biggest challenge...the only other thing you could do, if you wanted to go with the whole "Covid19" vibe, is to group record a zoom call and simply edit that rather than individual tracks. As long as participants have a decent mic, that could work for a trial?

You'd need a structure for each week, right?

1. The week that was (review of last match/matches)
2. The week that's coming (preview of forthcoming match/matches)
3. Topic of the week (what it says on the tin, whether Bale's man bun, Sissoko's Pele-esque moments or Dier doo-doo dashes)
4. What the fans are saying (a brief summary of GG talking points from the week, pre-selected and distributed for participants to discuss)

I think if it goes well, we could most certainly get some guests involved. I feel sure we could get Graham Roberts or Mickey Hazard, Ossie too...and from there, who knows?

I'd say that the idea of a "Core 9 or 12" and three hosts per podcast on a revolving basis is a strong one.

If someone has the technical side sorted, I am happy to take care of editorial flow/loose scripting/show agenda-topics per week.

IT isn't my strength but I think Skype seems to work quite well for the remote operation of TFC. You can't really tell they're all scattered around the country recording from their home offices. One issue I'll need to overcome is the time difference, given I'm in Melbourne. Having a talking points agenda is key as is prep I'd suggest. Having some structure means filling a 45 mins podcast really isn't difficult.

Back