• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gay Marriage Bill

Why are you astounded?

If their religions 'forbid' same sex relationships then they would be obligated to vote against it.

because we have separation of church and politics in this country, MP's are supposed to vote in the interests of their constituents

The key words in that sentence are 'supposed to'.

So what if their constituents are religious? Then their interests would not be pro-gay marriage.

Why are you astounded?

If their religions 'forbid' same sex relationships then they would be obligated to vote against it.

Because we are supposed to be a secular, advanced country where all our citizens are equal regardless of religion, race, sexuality etc etc?

Especially as, as far as I'm aware, they have kept the clauses stating that religious places of worship are not obliged to perform the ceremonies if they do not want to?

I would have voted for it and i am also in favour of gay adoption as anyone adopting a child has to go through a lot of checks anyway. Im actually quite liberal in a lot of my views. But then i do not consider being pro gay marraige as liberal just normal.

Best quote on the subject was a few years ago from a tory politican whose name i forget. "of course they deserve to get married(the gays) let them be as miserable as the rest of us"

i would only have voted against it if we had been told to do it by the EU but i would cut off my **** and eat it to tinkle of those tacos.

Well if you consituents are of the jewish, Muslim religion or have backgrounds of the continents of African, Asia they would be urge your MP to vote against it.
What will they teach our kids in sex education in schools, how do they bring up kids if they were to adopt? When a girl is starting her periods how will a guy help her with the emotional aspect?

i'm astounded anyone voted against it, if my local MP did she'll be getting another nasty email from me

this country terrifies me at times, how can you be against equality?

****s

edit: list of those shamed here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/feb/05/gay-marriage-gay-rights?intcmp=239

Quite. I'm done with the Consevartive Party after this.

They may not miss my vote but I suspect they'll miss my donations. May reconsider when the dinosaurs die off, but I can't vote for them with a clean conscience.

Quite. I'm done with the Consevartive Party after this.

They may not miss my vote but I suspect they'll miss my donations. May reconsider when the dinosaurs die off, but I can't vote for them with a clean conscience.

come over to UKIP mate, i have already got crawley over and im working on some of the others, we are the future.

Well if you consituents are of the jewish, Muslim religion or have backgrounds of the continents of African, Asia they would be urge your MP to vote against it.
What will they teach our kids in sex education in schools, how do they bring up kids if they were to adopt? When a girl is starting her periods how will a guy help her with the emotional aspect?

Why would sex ed stop or change? Much of it nowadays is to stop STIs and help prevent unwanted early pregnancies. Gays can still be taught to use condoms just like the rest of us and they don't have the problems of unwanted pregnancies.

Gay parents can be just as brick or good as the rest of us when it comes to parenting.

[video=youtube;FSQQK2Vuf9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQQK2Vuf9Q[/video]

And I couldn't care less whether the constituents are Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, whatever. No-one is telling them to hold a gay orgy in their house. Why should they care if 2 homosexuals get married? Should be none of their concern whatsoever.

why? whats it got to do with religion? this is not impinging on beliefs its recognising equality, no one is going to be locked up for being a roman catholic, but this is a bigger issue related to human rights, i'm surprised this is not going further in the other direction and these groups are not being questioned for their archaic values

secondly, i have a daughter, i'm a bloke, my wife and I do the same stuff to take care of her, nothing is a job for a particular gender, i hope i do a damn good job of helping her with the emotional aspect of her periods when the time comes, the same i'm sure my wife will when our son hits his teenage years, its not about being male or female, its about being human

And I couldn't care less whether the constituents are Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, whatever. No-one is telling them to hold a gay orgy in their house. Why should they care if 2 homosexuals get married? Should be none of their concern whatsoever.

So you are taking a 'religious' ceremony and opening it up to people whom their faith perceives as doing something wrong and you don't think there is an issue for them?

What does a gay orgy have to do with them being allowed to get married? That's irrelevant.

Perfectly fine with them having issues with it myself. I am fine with the idea but i don't subscribe to the notion that the world should be a happy all loving place where everyone just wants to get along.

Gay parents can adopt (at least they can here). My cousins son is now looked after by a couple of poofs (she's a junkie the state took him away and not a moment too soon)

Best thing that could have happened to him. From all reports they're lovely blokes who think the world of the boy.

So you are taking a 'religious' ceremony and opening it up to people whom their faith perceives as doing something wrong and you don't think there is an issue for them?

What does a gay orgy have to do with them being allowed to get married? That's irrelevant.

Perfectly fine with them having issues with it myself. I am fine with the idea but i don't subscribe to the notion that the world should be a happy all loving place where everyone just wants to get along.

If its a religious ceremony that should be kept oh so sacred, then they should legislate they can only happen in churches, and no divorces. Adultery punished by death.

The binding of two people in holy matrimony before GHod is not a religious ceremony?

I think this is where the difference of opinion arises.

Can atheists get married? It's a bit like Christmas, society has turned it into something bigger.

Can atheists get married? It's a bit like Christmas, society has turned it into something bigger.

Can't honestly say i know whether they can or not. I assume so, but i don't see why they'd want to.

As an atheist i can say i would be perfectly happy if religion kept it to itself.

It's just semantics in the end.

Last edited:
Back