• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Don't tell me......

LEDLEY IS F.CKING BACK!

Go on the Ledders.....get in the pool...have a bit of a stretch Saturday....good to go Sunday.
You know, the only thing that'd make me smile more this weekend than Bale tearing West Ham apart would be the announcement that Ledders would be in our Europa League squad. I reckon he'd still be able to do a job against any of the teams in our group.

This is what idiots don't understand .. so many stupid comments form media/pundits "is he the player who left 7 years ago?"

No, he's a much better, much more experienced player

Hope you're right, but personally trying to withhold judgement and excitement just a bit.

I agree that he's improved in some areas. He was just absolutely outstanding for us before though, at a truly amazing level. Pace and physicality was a big part of what really say him apart from others. Other than Ronaldo there weren't many players with that combination of pace, strength, fantastic ball striking ability and the consistency he had.

Not sure if what he has developed is enough to compensate for what he's lost. If he has that would be fantastic.

What gets lost to me in the "is he the player he once was" conversation/criticism you mention is that he doesn't have to be to be a great signing for us. Even a fairly small upgrade on our other options for the roles he can play would make him a very a good signing. Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela the obvious players he would be playing instead of.

In a theoretical world where Bale was somehow only a left winger, as he once was, one could have raised the issue of if he's better than Son. Or better for the team with him on the left and Son over Moura on the right. Then I could have seen the concern. Bringing in a massive name, someone that "must play" for a position where you already have a fantastic player that is very effective in the system.

In this world he comes in to play primarily in what is arguably our weakest attacking position. If we were looking for an attacking position to strengthen in attack his position would be the clear option for where that would be possible. He seems a perfect fit in so many ways. He doesn't have to be as good as he was seven years ago to be a perfect fit. If he is... Watch this space, watch all the spaces.

Hope you're right, but personally trying to withhold judgement and excitement just a bit.

I agree that he's improved in some areas. He was just absolutely outstanding for us before though, at a truly amazing level. Pace and physicality was a big part of what really say him apart from others. Other than Ronaldo there weren't many players with that combination of pace, strength, fantastic ball striking ability and the consistency he had.

Not sure if what he has developed is enough to compensate for what he's lost. If he has that would be fantastic.

What gets lost to me in the "is he the player he once was" conversation/criticism you mention is that he doesn't have to be to be a great signing for us. Even a fairly small upgrade on our other options for the roles he can play would make him a very a good signing. Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela the obvious players he would be playing instead of.

In a theoretical world where Bale was somehow only a left winger, as he once was, one could have raised the issue of if he's better than Son. Or better for the team with him on the left and Son over Moura on the right. Then I could have seen the concern. Bringing in a massive name, someone that "must play" for a position where you already have a fantastic player that is very effective in the system.

In this world he comes in to play primarily in what is arguably our weakest attacking position. If we were looking for an attacking position to strengthen in attack his position would be the clear option for where that would be possible. He seems a perfect fit in so many ways. He doesn't have to be as good as he was seven years ago to be a perfect fit. If he is... Watch this space, watch all the spaces.

8238A489-0493-42E3-8499-261AEBAEB6CF.jpeg

Yes, you can see it, look at the videos/pics from last year.

Long may it continue
Yeah and with the Doherty basket think he was the first to jump on him. If he’s happy and enjoying his footy maybe he will take a paycut to join us for longer!

Nailed on for two years at least, isn't it?
I thought it was one year but would be ideal if we hold the option to extend in the same terms until the end of his RM contract. If he flies with us there will be suitors who will pay more but he’s talked a lot about being happy and feeling wanted so fingers crossed money won’t be everything.

Back