1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Gareth Bale

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by GGyid, 18 Jan 2012.

1. nelto

nelto Allan Nielsen

It's ridiculous, it's 1.15am and I'm buzzing, and at my age i should know better!

Kandi1977 and nayenezgani like this.
  2. metalgear

metalgear Jimmy McCormick

This the spurs way!

Next week ... We're going to start moaning and complaining about his fitness levels, injury record, playing for Wales and golf on his off-time. Levy out again. Soon!
    Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

3. metalgear

metalgear Jimmy McCormick

Also a brand of football and attitude in the team that will stop attracting weak minded and weak spirited professionals too.
    Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

4. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Jonathan Woodgate

The balance up front, having him and Son on either side of Kane, both Son and Bale are completely interchangeable, this on paper is the stuff of wet dreams.

5. milo

milo Mel Hopkins Staff Member

I'd add Kane to the interchangeable list. Both Son and Bale are comfortable leading the line and Kane can drop deep or play wide. We should be a nightmare to play against and finally, have some very good options from the bench.

thfcsteff likes this.
  6. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Garth Crooks

So nice to wake up this morning and see a flurry of 'h'es past it; messages on FB and phone.

ffs so many opposing fans obseessed with Spurs, get a life. Concentrate on your own club

7. fernadez

fernadez Scott Parker

Narrative in the press is unsurprisingly brick. Just the standard last chance saloon for Mourinho and Bale. Still takes attention off the fact that bar Covid and Fernandes putting in unsustainable numbers Ole would be sacked by now.

If love to go into the parallel dimension where he signed for Utd to see the press reaction then.

Robbo, Baleforce and markysimmo like this.
  8. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Agreed, all I've seen today is pretty much negative press on Bale signing for us
    Danny Murphy did a fairly good piece on BBC though

JerusalemMan likes this.
  9. Notmegov

Notmegov Tim Sherwood

10. Notmegov

Notmegov Tim Sherwood

BBC seems to be postive.

11. markysimmo

If Mourinho continues, despite his complaints about “lazy pressure”, to operate with the low block that has been characteristic throughout his career, Bale should be ideally tactically suited. If there was a problem in his early days in Madrid, it was that he often didn’t have space to accelerate into because of the way teams sat deep against Madrid.

Mourinho’s entire method is about dropping back and trying to provoke space behind the opponent; there’s no reason while Bale shouldn’t again be hurtling at the opposition box having already been sprinting for 30 yards or more, just as he did in his first spell at the club.

Kane’s all-round game should suit him as well. Bale can stay wide and cross for a forward who is good in the air and at getting across the near post or, if Kane drops off, Bale and Son Heung-min should relish running beyond the Englishman into the space his movement creates. Bale, in that sense, is a slightly old-fashioned style of forward, one who should suit Mourinho’s way of playing

12. milo

Where are you seeing that? I have only seen positive coverage.

13. markysimmo

The main Phil McNulty piece on BBC isn't, some of the tabloid rags, Holt, Cross usual helmets

14. markysimmo

15. milo

I'll have a look at the McNulty piece. I don't read any of the tabloids, unless one is lying around in the pub, barbers or a takeaway

16. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

I can understand the press being balanced and reserved, I am slightly reserved but I love the player so hope it works.

But the negativity by the same papers that praised the idea of him coming back is odd.

17. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

My son was months old when Bale left, showing him all of the amazing goals, he’s almost as excited as I am now.

18. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

Yeah it's a bit of a roll of the dice, loaning a player for a season when he hasn't been playing regularly for a while and is seemingly arriving injured and not match fit.

19. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Steve Carr

Anyone watching the BT sport interview? Will it be available online?

20. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Nick Barmby

Only problem is that I have that bloody peters and Lee welcome home song going round my head.
    Come on gareth, let's get us back where we belong.