• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale - What would you accept?

What would you accept?

• £50m

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • £60m

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • £70m

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • £80m

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • £90m

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • £100m

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • £120m

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • £140m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £160m

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Doesn't matter. Do not sell.

Votes: 28 33.7%

• Total voters

braineclipse

Willie Hall
Quick poll because I'm curious, and Levy asked me to poll you guys so that he can figure out much he will tinkle off the fans ;)

What is your tipping point? At what point would you think that it would be better for the club to sell him?

If we do not sell Bale to Madrid who would they go and buy? How much would they cost? Who is the closest to Bale that you have seen? Off of the top of my head I can't think of anyone.

I'll be extremely disappointed if he's sold at any price this summer, personally—not that I'm in a position to accept or refuse anything, but I'd be surprised if the club were to turn down an £80m offer, much less anything above that. They may think they can bank on more next year, but I'd expect him to be sold at around that level.

If we do not sell Bale to Madrid who would they go and buy? How much would they cost? Who is the closest to Bale that you have seen? Off of the top of my head I can't think of anyone.

Well Madrids other option at the moment is Suarez.

three figures would do it

so i voted 100 mill but of course will accept anything above :)

Well Madrids other option at the moment is Suarez.

I think they want Bale and Suarez.. I dont think Suarez is the fallback plan and actually more likely to get his move than Bale at the moment. I see Suarez as the replacement for Higuain who is leaving. I think Bale is more likely the replacement for Ángel di María if he leaves.

I think it all depends in all seriousness. I dont want him to go but if we have no money then maybe it is best we sell him but not for less than 90m. I think the prices in th epaper are overestimating what RM are genuinely willing to go to but lets assume they are correct.

I think they want Bale and Suarez.. I dont think Suarez is the fallback plan and actually more likely to get his move than Bale at the moment. I see Suarez as the replacement for Higuain who is leaving. I think Bale is more likely the replacement for Ángel di María if he leaves.

Both would be highly unpredictable, especially if they keep Ronaldo..

Ronaldo - Suarez - Bale

First thing that springs to mind is that they would all be pretty selfish.

Do not sell. Otherwise it reinforces our tag as a selling club.....Carrick, berbatov, Modric, Bale.....Sandro? Lloris? Vertonghen?

You need to hold on to your best players to build a better team

Do not sell. Otherwise it reinforces our tag as a selling club.....Carrick, berbatov, Modric, Bale.....Sandro? Lloris? Vertonghen?

You need to hold on to your best players to build a better team

100m could build us a better team.

Much as I would hate us to sell, there does have to be a point of non-refusal, for me its £80m upwards.

Lamela or Gotze.

Both probably in the £25-30m bracket at the moment. Both out of our league, so wouldn't be options for us to replace Bale with.

100m could build us a better team.

Or, in Levy's mind, £98m could go towards the stadium fund and £2m would buy us Nathan Redmond (or a Portugese/Brazilian equivalent).

We've seen this with Carrick (Zokora), Berbatov (Pav), Modric (Dembele) and vdV (Dempsey) before.

Lamela or Gotze.

Both probably in the £25-30m bracket at the moment. Both out of our league, so wouldn't be options for us to replace Bale with.

Or, in Levy's mind, £98m could go towards the stadium fund and £2m would buy us Nathan Redmond (or a Portugese/Brazilian equivalent).

We've seen this with Carrick (Zokora), Berbatov (Pav), Modric (Dembele) and vdV (Dempsey) before.

scary

Unless Daniel Levy is a forum member this is a bit pointless really.

If he isn't still, he used to be. There's an old interview with him from a decade ago where he admitted that he and his team actively monitor them. It's not live anywhere anymore, but 've got a copy of it at home somewhere as I thought it quite significant at the time.

I think Donna Cullen was outed as a regularly posting member of a forum once - she had a pecuiliar obsession with Dos Santos' thighs or something (old enough to be his grandmother).

Not really. They weren't all meant as direct replacements and the money recouped was spent on more than one player.

The bigger picture is quite reassuring if we were to sell Bale, looking at how the money is generally reinvested.

That's not the concern, the two concerns are getting the fee that we would want and knowing early enough that we would be without Bale so we could buy players.

Back