• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Future food and surviving the zombie apocalapse

Growing food is overated and silly unless you have space to grow in a rotation system otherwise you get it all at the same time and only at one time which means you go hungry for most of the rest of the time.

Not so, you can pickle , preserve or freeze just about anything. I'm still eating Jam made well over a year ago.

Growing food is overated and silly unless you have space to grow in a rotation system otherwise you get it all at the same time and only at one time which means you go hungry for most of the rest of the time.
Growing food will be the problem of our generation. As the temprature rises, the lack of it is going to cause of wave of migration over Europe. I'm not farmer nor do I have the room to grow a lot (hence I'll try vertical) but I'm going to learn what I can because it makes me feel better and more prepared. I don't think it is silly.

Growing food will be the problem of our generation. As the temprature rises, the lack of it is going to cause of wave of migration over Europe. I'm not farmer nor do I have the room to grow a lot (hence I'll try vertical) but I'm going to learn what I can because it makes me feel better and more prepared. I don't think it is silly.
That's Waitrose's problem.

https://craftsmanship.net/drought-fighters/

Absolutely amazing and the best thing I have read in decades.

We have a large back garden that I am putting in an industrial size pollytunnel and outside veg patches. I am trying to be as organic as possible for my personal health.

But I love things like in this article. A small farm growing more then farms twice its size through innovation and organic farming matters.

I honed in on the idea of more local farms, goes along with my idea of vertical farms in ever city and town. Is a long article but set aside 30 minutes to read it all, well worth it.

https://craftsmanship.net/drought-fighters/

Absolutely amazing and the best thing I have read in decades.

We have a large back garden that I am putting in an industrial size pollytunnel and outside veg patches. I am trying to be as organic as possible for my personal health.

But I love things like in this article. A small farm growing more then farms twice its size through innovation and organic farming matters.

I honed in on the idea of more local farms, goes along with my idea of vertical farms in ever city and town. Is a long article but set aside 30 minutes to read it all, well worth it.
How does eating organic food help your health?

You don't know about the connection between eating well and good health, both physical and mental? Uhhhh...
There's no link between organic food and good/healthy food. Many things are both, the two are entirely separate things.

Once again, trying to treat a symptom, not enough food, and not the problem, too many people.
At some stage we are going to have to face up to it.
How would you control population growth? There is nothing can be done that will stop that, nothing ethical anyway. We have to deal with the 'symptom'.

How would you control population growth? There is nothing can be done that will stop that, nothing ethical anyway. We have to deal with the 'symptom'.

There's loads that can be done, it's just not palatable.
Here's one, no one is harmed and it saves money. Stop ivf.
Try posting that online and watch the brick storm.

There's loads that can be done, it's just not palatable.
Here's one, no one is harmed and it saves money. Stop ivf.
Try posting that online and watch the brick storm.
You are making my point for me. Population growth will not stop, so we gotta deal with the fallout. Hopefully not literally.

I imagine stopping ivf will hardly put a dent in things anyway.

Last edited:
You are making my point for me. Population growth will not stop, so we gotta deal with the fallout. Hopefully not literally.

I imagine stopping ivf will hardly put a dent in things anyway.
But eventually we are going to have to.
In fact if we'd done it 50 years ago we would have bought ours more time to deal with the symptoms.
Heres a more controversial one at the other end, stop prolonging life with no quality of life.
How much difference will it make, as much as stop start engines in cars.

Back