1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Fund raising for Jeremy @Yermiyahu

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by DTA, 6 May 2020.

1. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

I don't know what to say. There's not much one can say really in times like this. Never met Jeremy, but @DTA please convey my sincerest condolences to his family. Time will soften the pain for whatever consolation that's worth.

2. wiziwig

wiziwig Steed Malbranque

You and me don't particularly get on @DTA but you have done good here, well done to you ...

I liked Yeri, to me he were always one of the good guys, fair with me..

He's now at peace.. My condolences to his nearest loved ones, the extended family and to all his friends ..

3. fernadez

fernadez Sebastien Bassong

Rest well mate. Where ever you are now I know it's a place where Tottenham never lose a semi final or final.

Will be in my thoughts.

Pirate55, Daisuk, 90291Spur and 3 others like this.
  4. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Mauricio Taricco

Really saddened to hear this today. I lost my aunt last week to cancer so was feeling pretty down anyway and this sort of made it a bit worse. Silly given I didn't know Jeremy but, ah fudge, I've tears in my eyes writing this now.

@DTA, you should be proud of yourself man. So many virtue signalling f**kers in this world will write nice words about stuff or put a post on Facebook and think that makes a difference. You did so much more than that. You mobilised an online community, you've provided something tangible for Jeremy's family and I'm sure he knew that you cared as he was in his darkest hour. If that's failing him, I hope I fail a few people in the future. @scaramanga , I always suspected you were a decent sort and now I have proof. However, in the interests of maintaining your entertaining online persona, I'm going to forget that you ever displayed any decency.

And for everyone on this board - I always believed this was more than a message board. I'm a member of a load of them. But this one feels different, the people here have always struck me as genuine as well as us all having that one common cross to bear in the form of the serial underachievers we support. The generosity shown for Jeremy here is really touching.

I never met Jeremy, I never PM'd him but he always seemed a good sort to me. Hopefully, he's gone somewhere where he can exert a bit of influence to ensure that we never taste the disappointment of Spurs choking again.

Thoughts, prayers and much love are with his family.

Mikey10, Pirate55, thfcsteff and 22 others like this.
  5. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Paul Stalteri

Nice words, @DeanoAustin. And I'm very sorry for your loss.

Pirate55, 90291Spur, Robbo and 5 others like this.
  6. mephitis

mephitis Ronnie Rosenthal

"GHod grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can, and
    The wisdom to know the difference."

Sorry, I'm not religious in any way shape or form, but you really should take comfort in these words mate.

As for Jeremy, whether you believe in an after-life or not, everybody lives on in the mark they made on the world. This thread is testament to the mark he's left on us and I hope his family can, in some small way, take comfort from that. RIP my custardy friend.

Pirate55, AuroRaman, DTA and 5 others like this.
  7. Daisuk

Daisuk Chris Perry

Sad to hear about Yermi passing. DTA, you did a wonderful thing, mate, and zero reason to feel down about it! Please pass on the condolences from all the people on the board to the family. Rest in peace, mate. :(

Pirate55, Parklaner81, DTA and 2 others like this.
  8. Nutter-Naylor

Nutter-Naylor Ilie Dumitrescu

9. spursfan1976

spursfan1976 Ryan Nelsen

Can I make a suggestion to admin? Jeremy was obviously a well liked and respected poster here, so, If its not a crass suggestion, how about renaming (or creating a new one) one of the awards in the gg end of year awards in his honor? seems a nice way to keep his memory alive on here.

P.D., Mikey10, Pirate55 and 15 others like this.
  10. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Les Howe Staff Member

So sorry @DTA...that you have been there so much for him and his family will mean so much to them, and will have done for him. You're a top man.

11. DTA

DTA Terry Fenwick

Hi guys the funds reached my account today. £2,731.39 (including the fees that 'just giving' took), as stated I will top this up to 3k

I will contact Jeremy's wife now to transfer it over to her. Once she has the funds I will ask her to confirm that, with another member of this board that knew Jeremy.

Thank you once again to everybody who contributed.

Pirate55, AuroRaman, MKSpur and 11 others like this.
  12. scaramanga

scaramanga Vivian Woodward Staff Member

Excellent work. Did you ever find out why Justgiving dropped the total like that?

Also, I'll remove the side bar now - if anyone has a few words or an image they'd like up for a while I can do that.

13. DTA

DTA Terry Fenwick

They said it was just the total is the amount of funds that cleared from donations minus their fees.

14. DTA

DTA Terry Fenwick

Before contacting Jeremy's wife could I ask a question for the Jewish members of this board please.

Would it be better for me to wait till after the traditional 7 day mourning period before contacting her about this? Or is it ok for me to contact her now?

15. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Well played mate.

DTA likes this.
  16. DTA

DTA Terry Fenwick

Anyone?

17. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Dean Richards

I'm not qualified to comment (not Jewish), but his faith was obviously important to him and his family, so I'd personally observe the 7 days.

That said, hasn't that now passed or does it not start immediately?

Thanks again for sorting this all out @DTA.

DTA likes this.
  18. DTA

DTA Terry Fenwick

That was my thinking as well, I think the intense mourning period is 7 days from the funeral. Which I think was a couple of days after he died.

Seedy Ron likes this.
  19. DTA

DTA Terry Fenwick

You know what its only one more day... so I think I will wait.

I'm now having a conversation with myself...

20. DTA

DTA Terry Fenwick

Hi guys I spoke to Trudy yesterday and sent the money (£3k) over to her just now.

P.D., Parklaner81, metalgear and 18 others like this.