• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fraser Forster

Good stuff. Doesn't make me fully erect but it's a very sensible signing. I don't like having a non HG spot taken up by a backup goalie.

The logic in this signing is sound. I hope he proves me wrong if called upon on the pitch.

I’ll try to judge him without my preconceived bias…

Welcome to our great club Fraser.

Welcome Fraser.

Helps with HG, but leaves us a little room further down the line wrt to replacing Lloris later when that time comes.

P.S. - is Soton effectively our feeder club now lol

Welcome Fraser.
Must admit I'd forgotten about this one with all the talk of CBs.
Good as a back-up, but would be good to know what's happening with succession planning for Hugo.

Does this one go down as another grudge for SCBC to hold against us, even if he was on a free and no longer first choice?

Welcome Fraser.
Must admit I'd forgotten about this one with all the talk of CBs.
Good as a back-up, but would be good to know what's happening with succession planning for Hugo.

Does this one go down as another grudge for SCBC to hold against us, even if he was on a free and no longer first choice?
Hopefully!

As others have said, not exactly an exciting signing, but a very sensible one.

Regarding long-term succession for Lloris, it's difficult to find good young keepers who'll sit on the bench...and even harder to keep them. I'm surprised Dean Henderson is still at ManUre, for example.

The logic in this signing is sound. I hope he proves me wrong if called upon on the pitch.

I’ll try to judge him without my preconceived bias…

Welcome to our great club Fraser.

He was outstanding last year from what I saw.

Along with the heroes at St James one of the reasons we got top 4 with his performance against Arsenal.

I can think of 120 000 reasons why.
Wow. Didn't realise he was on that much. ManU gonna ManU. Although I suppose that's £80k per week more than a normal reserve keeper...which is a little over £4M per year. Even if you multiply that by four years, £16M is pretty cheap for a decent 1st team keeper so it's worth their while keeping Henderson.

Welcome. Seems like a sensible signing, hope he doesn't have to play much.

Kicking the can down the road on replacing Lloris seems to me like the best decision.

He's a unit, and on his day a bloody good glove man. He also had a very indifferent spell when his manager didn't believe in him so he needs an arm around the shoulder to keep him at the races.

Based on how lacking in presence gollini was this is an upgrade, but equally I don't believe we have to worry about a Lloris replacement at this stage, as he honestly looks fit enough to go on a year or two beyond the current contract.

I wonder if he will go past friedel age wise to be honest.

Great the way we've wrapped up two signings. Two key areas we absolutely had to address, done and dusted. The window hasn't even opened yet.

Back