• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

I respect that, he know's he caught lightning in a bottle.

Great news for Mercedes too as they would be in a tricky situation with the reigning champion in one side of the garage and a far faster driver in the other.

I respect that, he know's he caught lightning in a bottle.

Great news for Mercedes too as they would be in a tricky situation with the reigning champion in one side of the garage and a far faster driver in the other.
Do you think it bugs him that given fair reliability he wouldn't have won?

I find it tactically fascinating

I actually don't for the large.

In what is now a two team championship the only tactics are result fixing on Mercedes part which for me adds to the crapness of the sport now. Hamilton trying his heart out make the sport interesting by slowing Ros down was the best part about the last race and that was put down by the team.

I agree with Mr_B, there are no real overtakes anymore that affect the championship outright, you don't even see the main two racers in TV coverage anymore because the only "action" is 3rd - 7th so it says alot about the sport that does not even concentrate on the elite side on TV anymore. The overtaking now is bog standard stuff.

I actually don't for the large.

In what is now a two team championship the only tactics are result fixing on Mercedes part which for me adds to the crapness of the sport now. Hamilton trying his heart out make the sport interesting by slowing Ros down was the best part about the last race and that was put down by the team.

I agree with Mr_B, there are no real overtakes anymore that affect the championship outright, you don't even see the main two racers in TV coverage anymore because the only "action" is 3rd - 7th so it says alot about the sport that does not even concentrate on the elite side on TV anymore. The overtaking now is bog standard stuff.

I posted that nearly two years ago, it wasn't a one team championship fight then

although there is more to it than who takes pole and wins, there are little fights going on all the way through the field and how they time pit stops and work out clear track windows is an art form

I posted that nearly two years ago, it wasn't a one team championship fight then

although there is more to it than who takes pole and wins, there are little fights going on all the way through the field and how they time pit stops and work out clear track windows is an art form

I didnt notice that part.

Yeh of course, lots that goes on to create the sport, just none of it is exciting in my opinion, not as an elite sport.

Why does everyone call Hamilton "Lewis" as if they know him personally?
For the same reason they call Rosberg "Nico" or Vettel "Seb" - because the commentators know them personally and refer to them that way all the time. It just sticks when you hear it that often.

Nice to see Lewis blitz Nico in the first rest and set down a marker. The New Merc looks stunning as well. No ugly noses etc.

Shame he is using the #44 and not the #1.
Do you think it bugs him that given fair reliability he wouldn't have won?
Hamilton is the biggest clam ever in F1. He's a roostery little bugger which thinks far to much of himself. He was lucky last year with Rosbergs car breaking down every second race. Fortunately the right guy won this year. Rosberg will be a massive loss, and I'd rather the English prick retired. I've met them both twice, and that only confirmed my view of the two. Hamilton is a massive asshole, Nico was a polite and friendly guy. But I understand why he quits. He's been racing for 25 years, and has reached the top. What else is there? He has a family which he has been away from 2/3 of the year for 10 years.

Last edited:
Same with Theo and Jack.
Slightly different, as commentators don't refer to them that way.

Anyone coming in fresh to F1 over the last few seasons would have every reason to think that most drivers are referred to by their first names.

yeah feels like he finally beat lewis so he can retire a happy man. I like Rosberg, but there is no doubting the Malaysia result handed him the championship. Also next year, with new cars and no data i feel like Lewis with his more natural feeling for any car would have handed it to him again. Nico relied heavily on swotting up on data, and practice to know how to push the car. Lewis does it with feel and is way more natural.

With the extra downforce next year i can only think its going to be good for Mercedes. The Red Bulls get close due to a superior chassis that gives them a lot of grip, but with all teams getting free grip and wider tyres, they will be more reliant on the Renault engine. And that is not as good as the Merc. I think the new regs could help Ferrari though, and maybe Mclaren as well. Both have struggled with making their cars work with the regs so based around airflow.

yeah feels like he finally beat lewis so he can retire a happy man. I like Rosberg, but there is no doubting the Malaysia result handed him the championship. Also next year, with new cars and no data i feel like Lewis with his more natural feeling for any car would have handed it to him again. Nico relied heavily on swotting up on data, and practice to know how to push the car. Lewis does it with feel and is way more natural.

With the extra downforce next year i can only think its going to be good for Mercedes. The Red Bulls get close due to a superior chassis that gives them a lot of grip, but with all teams getting free grip and wider tyres, they will be more reliant on the Renault engine. And that is not as good as the Merc. I think the new regs could help Ferrari though, and maybe Mclaren as well. Both have struggled with making their cars work with the regs so based around airflow.
I'd rather they forgot about downforce and introduced a rule that forces teams to make the air good behind them.

It's really easy to measure too. You just fix a trailer with a G meter and an F1 front wing to the back of a car and measure what remains of its normal downforce. Any less than x% and the design fails.

If you want to get really technical you could have a whole network of anemometers rigged up behind the car and measure the EDR, but I prefer the simple solution of "Each team must leave the air behind it clean so that a standard front wing keeps 95% of its downforce"

People want to see racing not team orders.i remember years ago I stayed up to watch the aussie grand prix only for coulthard to have to yield to hakkinan on the last lap,that killed a lot of the interest for me.I thought good on you Hamilton you what you have to win.He left it too late and vettel didn't seem fussed about overtaking rosberg anyway

People want to see racing not team orders.i remember years ago I stayed up to watch the aussie grand prix only for coulthard to have to yield to hakkinan on the last lap,that killed a lot of the interest for me.I thought good on you Hamilton you what you have to win.He left it too late and vettel didn't seem fussed about overtaking rosberg anyway
The big problem was Raikkonen not giving a fudge any more.

He was behind Rosberg for ages and knew that if he stuck one up the inside, from no matter how far back, Rosberg would have yielded. He just sat there dreaming about his summer holidays instead.

Back