• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

I don't like the guy but massive credit to him, fantastic world championship season for Lewis

Mercedes have broke the record for most wins in a season as well, 16 !!!! that's some going

glad he did it, all things being equal he's the fastest driver there is, feel for Rosberg though with it being a mechanical rather than something he did

Is some going but makes it fairly boring, there needs to be 3 / 4 people in contention with a chance of winning, same a football really.

Nice to see Lewis blitz Nico in the first rest and set down a marker. The New Merc looks stunning as well. No ugly noses etc.

Shame he is using the #44 and not the #1.

oh, and he might be a gooner, but seeing as the McLaren appears to be another dog, which rules out Button and Alonso, I hope Hamilton wins the title at a canter

Never heard that Lewis was a Gooner. But he never seems to talk about football or be very interested in it so I cannot imagine its a strong connection. Living up here in Hertford is obviously a bit split between Gooners and Spurs fans. but I see a lot of spurs gear here all the time. Way more than Filth kit. Makes a nice difference from where I used to live in Walthamstow.

I suppose I can understand keeping the #44. His reasoning was interesting. Saying the #1 has been about a bit and the #44 is just his. Even though I would have took it just wind Vettel up.

I don't think I've ever been able to sit down and watch 10 minutes of this before getting very bored, if I wanted to watch a procession of cars, I can sit by the side of the M25, am I missing something?

I don't think I've ever been able to sit down and watch 10 minutes of this before getting very bored, if I wanted to watch a procession of cars, I can sit by the side of the M25, am I missing something?
you sound like a woman describing footbal. "why would i watch loads of men in shorts chasing a ball around a pitch"

you sound like a woman describing footbal. "why would i watch loads of men in shorts chasing a ball around a pitch"

ok, good analogy but you get jaw dropping goals in football, some amazing end to end action, for 90 mins of a formula 1 race, how much overtaking do u see, how many times do u need to see vettel take said chicane, its more aesthitically pleasing to watch than say nascar but I love sport but just don't see anything interesting about this.

ok, good analogy but you get jaw dropping goals in football, some amazing end to end action, for 90 mins of a formula 1 race, how much overtaking do u see, how many times do u need to see vettel take said chicane, its more aesthitically pleasing to watch than say nascar but I love sport but just don't see anything interesting about this.
I suspect you see as many overtakes in a race as you do goals in a match. If not, more.

I see your point. But scoring goals is not everything. Basketball for an example is a basket every few seconds. So seeing it happen all the time makes you almost numb to it. But I like Basketball too. There are plenty of boring football games, plenty. Yes a goal can bring it up but that does not make the game as a whole entertaining. Its why I prefer to watch MOTD than the live matches not involving spurs. Too many boring games these days as well.

That said. F1 does have a problem with there always being a dominant team. Would be nice if they all had the same car and you saw the talent come through. But also its good seeing the variations as well.

I see your point. But scoring goals is not everything. Basketball for an example is a basket every few seconds. So seeing it happen all the time makes you almost numb to it. But I like Basketball too. There are plenty of boring football games, plenty. Yes a goal can bring it up but that does not make the game as a whole entertaining. Its why I prefer to watch MOTD than the live matches not involving spurs. Too many boring games these days as well.

That said. F1 does have a problem with there always being a dominant team. Would be nice if they all had the same car and you saw the talent come through. But also its good seeing the variations as well.

there's so many ways to score in basketball, 3 point "downtown" shot, dunk, pick and roll, blind pass, again, how many exciting moments are there truly in a formula one or any motorsport event, the premise that they're all going full pelt at 180mph is great but as a viewing spectacle its bollox

Its all about the fantastic insightful commentary, without I'd be clueless. Have grown to love F1 over the last 5 years and as galeforce says its a tactical battle with so many variables.

Back