• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

Said it the other days but Evans has been there and done it under Fergie

I reckon there could be some players form Italy and Spain that are available and I’d even say a few ex Spurs ones

If we get him and he’s crap you have to wear a Liverpool shirt for a month!
And out side the house....and garden!

If we're looking for experienced winners we're realistically looking at players who are currently, or very recently, playing for our top 4 rivals or Real, Barca, A.Madrid, Juve, Bayern ... maybe Dortmund PSG...so whose on the list ??

Said it the other days but Evans has been there and done it under Fergie

I reckon there could be some players form Italy and Spain that are available and I’d even say a few ex Spurs ones

EVANS!? AAArrrrghghh!? What is wrong with people!?

He was a utility player at best at Utd, never first choice (by a distance). Never played a full season in the team*. He was a passenger.

At West Brom he has been average. Thats it. He has hardly instilled a greater mentality or anything there has he?

What makes anyone think he would have the same impact as the like of Davids or Naybet?! How exactly is he going to take us up a level?

*Just checked his stats, his career best at Utd was 29 starts in 11/12 (Utd came second) - Im guessing Vidic or Ferdinand were on one of their long term lay offs.
The following season he made 23 starts (Utd Champions). Every other year at Utd his appearances were in the teens.

EVANS!? AAArrrrghghh!? What is wrong with people!?

He was a utility player at best at Utd, never first choice (by a distance). Never played a full season in the team*. He was a passenger.

At West Brom he has been average. Thats it. He has hardly instilled a greater mentality or anything there has he?

What makes anyone think he would have the same impact as the like of Davids or Naybet?! How exactly is he going to take us up a level?

*Just checked his stats, his career best at Utd was 29 starts in 11/12 (Utd came second) - Im guessing Vidic or Ferdinand were on one of their long term lay offs.
The following season he made 23 starts (Utd Champions). Every other year at Utd his appearances were in the teens.

Isn’t that when we need though?
We have Sanchez and verts first choice
Davids came here and for me wasn’t great but some people thought he was a game changer of a signing (Robbie Keane did when he knocked him out)
Naybet was class but what had he done before that Evans hasn’t done here?

Isn’t that when we need though?
We have Sanchez and verts frost choice

No, its not (IMO).

We dont need an average, ageing journeyman level player.

Regardless of medals he won, he was never really a contributor. Its like saying we should get Wes Brown and John OShea from Sunderland.

We need quality. And if that quality comes with some know how then all the better.

I dont see how Evans meets the criteria at any level.

No, its not (IMO).

We dont need an average, ageing journeyman level player.

Regardless of medals he won, he was never really a contributor. Its like saying we should get Wes Brown and John OShea from Sunderland.

We need quality. And if that quality comes with some know how then all the better.

I dont see how Evans meets the criteria at any level.

But he won the league
We haven’t got anyone who has won the league
We’re crying out for someone who has been there and done it... he has

But he won the league
We haven’t got anyone who has won the league
We’re crying out for someone who has been there and done it... he has

Like I said, he was a passenger.

Some truly average (or even poor) players have league medals.

In and of itself it doesnt really mean much.

And it certainly shouldnt be the criteria by which we identify players.

He wasnt a leader at Utd. He wasnt a player that took responsibility. He wasnt even that good, only adequate. What he was was a utility in the squad. Someone to do a job and fill a gap without costing a fortune or upsetting the applecart. Someone who could be put back on the shelf without hesitation when better players were fit.

What exactly do you suppose he brings to the team? And thats outside of the fact that as a player he is hardly suited.

Like I said, he was a passenger.

Some truly average (or even poor) players have league medals.

In and of itself it doesnt really mean much.

And it certainly shouldnt be the criteria by which we identify players.

He wasnt a leader at Utd. He wasnt a player that took responsibility. He wasnt even that good, only adequate. What he was was a utility in the squad. Someone to do a job and fill a gap without costing a fortune or upsetting the applecart. Someone who could be put back on the shelf without hesitation when better players were fit.

What exactly do you suppose he brings to the team? And thats outside of the fact that as a player he is hardly suited.
Experience of getting over the line

Back