• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite Spurs games you've seen live.

Was it the 3-3 game where Fulham scored an equalizer through an overhead kick in the last minute? Bale scored and was magnificent that game.

I've also been to Craven Cottage in the "neutral" stand, was only Spurs fans there that time too - back in 06 or 05, Rasiak played horribly for us, and we lost to a last minute Michael Dawson own goal. :p
I think it must have been the 3-3 so even more strange that all I remember was how everywhere around Putney was rocking with Spurs fans. Lower expectations back then I guess.

On TV, too many and most have been listed here already. In person:

Have a mate who is a Stoke ST holder and he got me in to the away game there in 2010. We won 2-1 and I was in with the hardcore Stoke fans. Proper knuckle draggers who evolution hasn't quite reached yet. I remember Corluka and BAE having a go at each other after Stoke scored. Gudjohnsen came on and scored one and ran the game. Kranjcar scored the winner. When those goals went in, I daren't move but on the winner particularly, I had the most unreal feeling of the elation running all the way through my body from the feet up and me having to stop it before it reached my mouth. Never experienced anything like it before or since.

Didn't get to Madrid for the CL final but watched it in the stadium and the atmosphere around Tottenham that day was unbelievable. All around it was just people in our shirts singing and having a great time. Shame the game and performance was so brick. I'll always be grateful to the ST holder outside the ground who, disappointed hugely himself, saw my son who was around 6 or 7 and was upset by the result. The guy stopped us, thanked us for coming across and said to my son on the High Road "turn around. Look at that stadium. That's going to help make us great. Our day will come." I'll always be grateful to him for putting his own disappointment aside and being so gracious to me and particularly my son.

On TV, too many and most have been listed here already. In person:

Have a mate who is a Stoke ST holder and he got me in to the away game there in 2010. We won 2-1 and I was in with the hardcore Stoke fans. Proper knuckle draggers who evolution hasn't quite reached yet. I remember Corluka and BAE having a go at each other after Stoke scored. Gudjohnsen came on and scored one and ran the game. Kranjcar scored the winner. When those goals went in, I daren't move but on the winner particularly, I had the most unreal feeling of the elation running all the way through my body from the feet up and me having to stop it before it reached my mouth. Never experienced anything like it before or since.

Didn't get to Madrid for the CL final but watched it in the stadium and the atmosphere around Tottenham that day was unbelievable. All around it was just people in our shirts singing and having a great time. Shame the game and performance was so brick. I'll always be grateful to the ST holder outside the ground who, disappointed hugely himself, saw my son who was around 6 or 7 and was upset by the result. The guy stopped us, thanked us for coming across and said to my son on the High Road "turn around. Look at that stadium. That's going to help make us great. Our day will come." I'll always be grateful to him for putting his own disappointment aside and being so gracious to me and particularly my son.
Remember that Stoke game! Gudjohnsen was brilliant that day.

Totally agree - CL final day was brilliant. Hot day, people everywhere, blue flares being let off on the high street. One of my favourite spurs days, until the game started.

Spurs v Manchester Utd 1999
The Steven Carr wonder goal. I got invited to a box in the old East stand by a repro house we used at the time. The owners were all avid Spurs fans, none of us could believe what we saw. They were really a lovely bunch of people, but a few years later they all got sent down for fraud.

Spurs v Everton 1967
First ever match in the ‘circle’ seats of the wooden upper south stand. I was too short to see anything but sang my heart out. My Uncle bought me a rosette before the game. Gilzean scored for us I think, still remember the noise of everyone jumping out of their seats. The street was packed outside, I had never seen so many people before. Will never forget that day, or my Uncle.

great thread. both of mine were 2010. i was 25, not a care in the world. Included the match reports to give you the feels...

Spurs 3-1 Inter Milan - Beating the European Champions at home, 3-1. What a day, just incredible, whilst Bale arrived at the away game to Inter, it was this game where he called a taxi for Maicon: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9145936.stm

Spurs 2-1 Arsenal - as i recall, we hadn't beaten them in years and came close a couple of times but never got it over the line, this was the first game to break that. Gomes made a couple of quality saves that day: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8616181.stm

Great choices.

The Inter Milan is probably the best live game I have attended. What a night. That 3rd goal for SuperPav. Two days later Harry Redknapp came to Bank Quay Social Club in Warrington. Me and Jane got photo taken with him, Managed to get him to sign the programme and Jane even grabbed him for a hug at the end of the night

The Danny Rose 2-1. The first NLD we had attended. and what a one to make our debut at. Managed to attend 5 home NLDs and we have won every one

Some of my favourite attended -

Tottenham 4 - Chelsea 4 - 2008 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7298146.stm - this game felt like a proper epic battle. Derailed their title challenge as well.
Tottenham 5 - Arsenal 1 - 2008 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/7197913.stm - sat in the shelf - atmosphere was insane.
West Ham 2 - Tottenham 3 - 2013 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21495920 - ended up a couple of rows in front of me when Bale's goal went in. Sprinted home afterwards. This was in the day when members could get away tickets (got a season ticket for 2015 season)
Stoke 0 - Tottenham 4 - 2016 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36012036 - got hime at 3am on a tuesday morning but was worth it - this felt like peak poch for me.
Tottenham 0 - Emirates Marketing Project 1 - 2019 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47857289 - (was this the second game in the new stadium) - buzzing after this

Least favourite attended (want to call this out)

Tottenham 2 - Arsenal 2 - 2016 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35659805 - i went mental when Kane's goal went in - but it is always tarnished (and we bring it out on socials loads) due to the fact that we were held 2-2 by 10 men arsenal and missed the chance to go top.

Stoke 0 Tottenham 4 2016. Walking back to the car. The one and only time, that I can remember, that I honestly and truly thought 'You know, I really think we can win the League' We were awesome that night.
"We're coming for you, Leciester City, We're coming for you" And sadly, how that chant has been shoved back down our throats since

Great choices.

The Inter Milan is probably the best live game I have attended. What a night. That 3rd goal for SuperPav. Two days later Harry Redknapp came to Bank Quay Social Club in Warrington. Me and Jane got photo taken with him, Managed to get him to sign the programme and Jane even grabbed him for a hug at the end of the night

The Danny Rose 2-1. The first NLD we had attended. and what a one to make our debut at. Managed to attend 5 home NLDs and we have won every one

Will you be there next week??

Live games:
Has to be beating Inter Milan 3-1. But funnily enough Liverpool 2-1 with Pav getting the winner in the rain in stoppage time comes in 2nd. With Club Bruges 3-1 (2006) coming in 3rd as it was our first ever European game (Got home at 5am)

TV games;
It has to be the 3-2 in Ajax. I doubt that will ever be beaten in my lifetime (although I hope it is, many times). Followed by the 1981 FA Cup FInal Replay and the League Cup 5-1 v Arsenal

Will you be there next week??

Sadly not. Not been to one since the last NLD at old WHL. Told this one before. We were 2 rows from the back of the Upper Paxton, Dele Alli scored and me and the Mrs both ended up upside down 2 rows further down, my leg was trapped between the seats, GHod knows how I didnt break a bone. Just got helped back to my seat by follow supporters and we got awarded the penalty.
Made sure it didnt happen again.

Still, it was a great day out

Sadly not. Not been to one since the last NLD at old WHL. Told this one before. We were 2 rows from the back of the Upper Paxton, Dele Alli scored and me and the Mrs both ended up upside down 2 rows further down, my leg was trapped between the seats, GHod knows how I didnt break a bone. Just got helped back to my seat by follow supporters and we got awarded the penalty.
Made sure it didnt happen again.

Still, it was a great day out

We will pay whatever it takes to get you there...

My first one in the flesh next week. Taken a couple of days off work and my lad is missing a couple of days school because he's been adament he's going since the postponed game. Could really do with a result on Saturday and v Woolwich coz the Liverpool and United (I know) fans in his class are giving him awful stick at the moment.

Don't let me down Tottenham...

Another game that sticks in my memory was a FA Cup game which was away at Carlise in 71, not so much the game itself but at the time i was going out with a girl who's dad was a referee and he was down to ref the game. He managed to get me a ticket for the game, he had to travel down the day before so i got the train on the day, he said he could give us a lift back after the game though.

Now as well as being a ref he also had his own company and his mode of transport was a Bentley ( i kid you not), he said after the game if i waited at his car he would then take us both home. Now as i was waiting a copper passed me and asked the question are you not going back to London on the coach?, he thought i was one of the Spurs players I did resemble Phil Beal who was in the team at the time. Of course i played along and allowed him to think i was actually a player and he said we played well and deserved the win, i thanked him and he asked for a autograph which i gave him.

Great day.

Another game that sticks in my memory was a FA Cup game which was away at Carlise in 71, not so much the game itself but at the time i was going out with a girl who's dad was a referee and he was down to ref the game. He managed to get me a ticket for the game, he had to travel down the day before so i got the train on the day, he said he could give us a lift back after the game though.

Now as well as being a ref he also had his own company and his mode of transport was a Bentley ( i kid you not), he said after the game if i waited at his car he would then take us both home. Now as i was waiting a copper passed me and asked the question are you not going back to London on the coach?, he thought i was one of the Spurs players I did resemble Phil Beal who was in the team at the time. Of course i played along and allowed him to think i was actually a player and he said we played well and deserved the win, i thanked him and he asked for a autograph which i gave him.

Great day.

So the fella gave you his daughter, tickets to Tottenham games, was loaded and was going to chauffeur you about in a Bentley...

Please tell me you married her.

Great day.
You should be flattered!

Always admired Phil, not just for his good looks but also his clean tackling and sheer honest application and industry.

So the fella gave you his daughter, tickets to Tottenham games, was loaded and was going to chauffeur you about in a Bentley...

Please tell me you married her.

Sadly not, i never had a problem getting girlfriends it was keeping them i found harder to do. There is always another one just round the corner.:D

Of my roughly 15-16 games or so at WHL, two games stand out:

9-1 against Wigan. I was sat on row three behind their goal for the second half, and that was absolute madness. Brought my Liverpool supporting friend for the game, and he was laughing his ass off. Crazy game.

2-1 against Chelski in 2006. First win against Chelski in my time supporting Spurs, and I was there to see it live - atmosphere was amazing and a great game too.

I've also attended a few Thursday night Europa league games, and they were always awesome with the floodlights and all. Think one was against Braga. Not very glamorous opposition, but the atmosphere at the evening games was always good.

I'll always remember our home cup game against Burnley in 1966, we had one of the strangest teams I can remember playing that day, 3 defenders Beal, Knowles and Brown (an other in the long line of bloody useless centrehalves) Mullery and Clayton in midfield and Robertson, Greaves, Gilzean, Saul and Jones up front. Went 2 down pulled it back to 2-2 in second half, went behind again then went on to win 4-3. Gilzean got a hat trick as did Willy Irvine for Burnley. I was shattered after the game and went to sleep on bus going home.

I'm sure there's a "on this day in history" type thread somewhere but I can't find it, so posting this here for the absolute feel-good factor it will always bring. I watched it on TV, in a packed pub in Amsterdam, but wherever/however you watched it, that feeling of euphoria as Moura's third goal hit the back of the net is going to be hard to replicate, never mind beat.

I'm sure there's a "on this day in history" type thread somewhere but I can't find it, so posting this here for the absolute feel-good factor it will always bring. I watched it on TV, in a packed pub in Amsterdam, but wherever/however you watched it, that feeling of euphoria as Moura's third goal hit the back of the net is going to be hard to replicate, never mind beat.

And sadly this will be Hoddle's reaction if Liverpool beat Madrid now he seems to be one of the heads of BTs Liverpool Love-In Gang

Back