• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fake twitter ITK bull

In this instance no one has sought to deceive or cheat, quite the opposite, they are taking the tinkle and having a giggle.

lol. He deceived and lied to get a giggle for himself. And I agree, he was taking the tinkle.

I have no problem with someone posting crap on twitter. Whether it's a fake or real journo doesn't really make a difference to the credibility of the info IMO.

Why is someone pretending to be ITK a problem, but garbage sites like caughtoffside and tribalfootball not?

If I was PM, I'd shut the lot down, including the flimflam pointless red tops.... and the Daily Mail

lol.He deceived and lied to get a giggle for himself. And I agree, he was taking the tinkle.

No he didn't it was a parody, it was satire. There is a rich history of it in literature going back to ancient Greece. It would kind of undermine the point of it if it was spelled out for everyone. And just because you didn't get the joke it doesn't mean it should be outlawed.

No he didn't it was a parody, it was satire. There is a rich history of it in literature going back to ancient Greece. It would kind of undermine the point of it if it was spelled out for everyone. And just because you didn't get the joke it doesn't mean it should be outlawed.

Saying so after the event don't cut it, I'm sure the the 40k followers didn't think it was a parody account, but an aspiring journalist that might have links to someone at Anfield.

As I said, if he had told everyone it was a parody account he would not have had 1% of those followers, therefore ran it, like others who since said theres was also a windup as someone that was legit.

Look I get the joke, but if that joke costs the club money, or loses a player that we might have signed. Then the joke becomes lost on me. Just to point out, the joke is tired and somewhat boring.

Besides unlike what you believe has given me the hump about this person the truth is because I have a problem with the internet and the way its easy to groom kids and for me parody or not, deception on the internet is a big problem. Yes, I know I shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush, but until some kind of regulation is brought in to deal with this brick then they will be.

Saying so after the event don't cut it, I'm sure the the 40k followers didn't think it was a parody account, but an aspiring journalist that might have links to someone at Anfield.

As I said, if he had told everyone it was a parody account he would not have had 1% of those followers, therefore ran it, like others who since said theres was also a windup as someone that was legit.

Look I get the joke, but if that joke costs the club money, or loses a player that we might have signed. Then the joke becomes lost on me. Just to point out, the joke is tired and somewhat boring.

Besides unlike what you believe has given me the hump about this person the truth is because I have a problem with the internet and the way its easy to groom kids and for me parody or not, deception on the internet is a big problem. Yes, I know I shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush, but until some kind of regulation is brought in to deal with this brick then they will be.

It's this part that I don't get. Someone with little to no credibility posts on the internet that a certain club is after a certain player. If the clubs let that influence a deal they need to get a grip. Every club gets linked to dozens of players every window, most of the links have absolutely no basis in reality. It's this thing called the Rumour Mill and it's 99% crap. If you go on twitter to get actual info, at least make sure the people you follow actually exist in real life. Anyone half famous can get verified and proper journalists are easy to distinguish from those aspiring, or perspiring, to be one.

There have been several cases of people making fake accounts, pretending to be an actual journalist and posting stuff. THAT is lying and deceiving.

look at his bio, it was obviously a gag from the start

duncan-jenkins-2.jpg

Did he at any time say his account was a parody account.

IMO this is the problem. I have no problem at all with him having or any ITK saying its a parody account, as long as they do say. IMO this is where twitter and other sites need to stress that this is a parody account, totally fictional so people are not being dupped.

This crosses over with the wronguns on the internet as far as I see, a deception.

IT doesnt matter if he was parody or not.
This Chang guy threatened to start a tabloid hate campaign against him, and put his father's online company out of business.
That might be how things go down in Indonesia but in Britain its illegal. I wish the conversation was recorded.

I was about to say that. A perspiring football journalist and part of the football blogging paternity. Its obviously not to be taken too seriously.

The idea that it cost Liverpool money is ridiculous. One, its unlikely that Roma are following the twitterings of a ITK. Two, even if they are, would they take something from a perspiring journalist and member of the football blogging paternity seriously enough to up the price. Three, why would they take notice of Duncan Jenkins when the same news was printed in the Liverpool Echo beforehand (the source)? Four, if you don't believe Duncan Jenkins (or the real person) is telling the truth, why believe the Roma price change story in the first place?

I was about to say that. A perspiring football journalist and part of the football blogging paternity. Its obviously not to be taken too seriously.

The idea that it cost Liverpool money is ridiculous. One, its unlikely that Roma are following the twitterings of a ITK. Two, even if they are, would they take something from a perspiring journalist and member of the football blogging paternity seriously enough to up the price. Three, why would they take notice of Duncan Jenkins when the same news was printed in the Liverpool Echo beforehand (the source)? Four, if you don't believe Duncan Jenkins (or the real person) is telling the truth, why believe the Roma price change story in the first place?

The problem is that there is no way of knowing who is telling the truth. Believe the fantasist or the PR guy. Thing is its the public percerption to always side with the small guy will be the winner.

I do not get this whatsoever, why would you not want to be taken seriously! Your trying to break into an industry, thats led by reputation, surely not to be seen to be taken seriously then you got no chance of making it.

I do not get this whatsoever, why would you not want to be taken seriously! Your trying to break into an industry, thats led by reputation, surely not to be seen to be taken seriously then you got no chance of making it.

Why would a parody want to be taken seriously?

Because it wasn't a parody until he got outed.

To get 40k he needed to be taken seriously.

If no one took him seriously, he would be lucky to have 400 followers.

Or maybe the joke was to see how many followers he could get by not having any connections, just pinching the odd stuff off a forum.

Most twitter ITKs do. They also get called out on it repeatedly, but pretend they fooled the entire world when outing themselves later.

Because it wasn't a parody until he got outed.

To get 40k he needed to be taken seriously.

If no one took him seriously, he would be lucky to have 400 followers.

People are idiots. If there are 40k people stupid enough to believe it, is that his fault?

People are idiots. If there are 40k people stupid enough to believe it, is that his fault?

RAWK Transfer Forum Rules v2:

UNLESS FROM THE BELOW SOURCES, NO TWITTER brick.

Journalists from - The Times, The Liverpool Echo, The Liverpool Daily Post, The Guardian, The Torygraph, The Independent & The BBC.
Duncan Jenkins, Guillem Ballague, Gabriel Marcotti (Basically any respected foreign journalists) & any of the Anfield Wrap lads.
(If you think someone should be on the above list then PM me and I'll add them on once I've checked them out or missed them out.)

Please only discuss LFC related transfer moves. No 'Oh I see Spurs have signed Vertoghen thats depressing' As it ends up sparking a discussion about how far LFC have fell, why aren't we buying him now, blah, blah, blah. It's boring a tedious, leave it out.

Abuse any LFC Playing & None Playing staff will not be tolerated.

If a players' thread becomes locked for a reason other than arguments/going off topic don't come in here to start posting the views you would have posted in there.

If anyone breaks these rules persistently they will be muted or possibly banned. If you don't like it then sorry there's plenty of other places were you can discuss things.

Oh yeh, and no complaining about the rules either.

It is RAWK after all.

Could we possibly adopt similar rules in January - i.e. no twitter qunts

Not likely. I don't see a problem with any info, as long as it comes with some kind of source/link, posting 'someone on twitter said' is useless. People can then make up their own minds.

Of course, some have already made them up long before the info is posted.

Back