1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

FA Cup 19/20

Discussion in 'General Football' started by paxtonwolf, 21 Dec 2019.

1. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Steve Hodge

Chelsea have a horrible record with strikers (when they aren’t arch cheats built like bricks). Can see this Werner bricking his pants and being at Atletico Madrid in 2022.

2. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Dean Richards

Can't see it. Think he'll sadly do very well for them.

Defensively they're clearly appalling and Fatboy doesn't seem all that fussed. Maybe he's trying to resurrect Ardiles football?

3. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Johnny Morrison

I think he is playing with the mindset that if Chelsea have an attack featuring the likes of Havertz*, Werner, Ziyech, and Pulisic, that teams will sit back against them. And in doing so, he’s probably not totally wrong. I mean Liverpool aren’t great defensively either but teams fear Mane & Salad, so Liverpool get away with it.

*if he signs as is expected

Last edited: 2 Aug 2020 at 12:23 AM
  4. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Erik Thorstvedt

That’s a lot of attackers and they would be giving up midfield
    Pool make a point of winning midfield by playing 3 Cms who don’t really attack there and that’s their platform for defence and attack
    Chelsea would need to change their set up a lot to do that unless it’s a score more than them strategy

5. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Les Howe Staff Member

Anthony Taylor and Pulisic hamstring. Taylor was shocking!!! Like Howard Webb a la Fergie days...

Kandi1977 likes this.
  6. mint me

mint me Calum Davenport

Hid Gazza's leftovers devil's dandruff in it

SteveAWOL likes this.
  7. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Les Howe Staff Member

Pathetic. I mean...grrrrrr

8. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Christian Ziege

Looks like VAR was correct about this call at least...

903ADB15-60A7-42EA-8ED8-44C2DDD3CA11.jpeg

galeforce likes this.
  9. indospurs

indospurs Tim Sherwood

arteta wins a cup in 6 months that Poch couldn't do in 5 years - sad, just sad

not the way i wanted to wake up today

but hey, we are in europe and we start playing again soon, i just wonder when the fans can watch games live ?

10. StephenH

StephenH Colin Calderwood

strange game, terrible refereeing - chelsea are a mess at the back and now a mess everywhere.
    Fans back? imho when the covid vaccines are available - September 2021 is a good bet

Last edited: 2 Aug 2020 at 9:51 AM
  11. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Les Medley

12. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Michael Carrick

I use to believe refs were far too influenced by crowd reaction and made poor decision based on that, but playing in empty stadiums has shown they are far worse than I thought.

13. StephenH

I think they are influenced by crowds but also more recently by players screaming like the have been shot at every tackle. This is a particular affliction that seems to have beset Arsenal players of late.

SteveAWOL likes this.
  14. elyid

elyid Kasey Keller

I think you are spot on.

It makes me v sad to see grown adults holding their leg and fake screaming when they know they are pretending.

Not just because it's A*****l, it's just not football and pretty tragic whichever way you look at it.

Would be my number #1 rule change. Instant yellow for feigning injury.

Gilzeantoscore, spurrrr and StephenH like this.
  15. StephenH

I agree. Would be hard to disprove they were not injured?
    Lacazzette has been an excellent exponent of this dark art for many a year. He now seems to teach the younger players.

16. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Michael Carrick

This issue will never be tackled by any football authority, there are too many risks for them should they suspend a player who was genuinely injured, you cannot judge different peoples pain level and referees are not qualified to make judgements on injuries.

17. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Naybet

I think its time now for the creation of the British Cup.

The fa cup unofficially ended with the creation of the PL and the last ‘real’ winners were Liverpool in 1992.

Since then the competition has effectively become the English Cup and is no different to its Spanish or Italian equivalent.

The prestige and its valued heritage as English footballs greatest competition has long gone and in order to preserve its past glory, Daniel Levy should in earnest submit a motion for the competition to be formally declared retired as of the conclusion of the 1991/1992 season.

From the following season up until the present day the competition should be known as the English Cup and all winners of this cup should have their replica fa cup trophy taken and replaced with a new trophy to be the English Cup.

The record holders of the English Cup are arsenal with 9 wins.

This English Cup however is no more important than the English League Cup and I would retire them both and create one British Cup to run the entire season and include Scottish, Welsh and NI teams.

In total it would have something like 30 rounds, creating something incredibly unique and able to match the glory of the old fa cup.