• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

Everton usually have a very slow start to the season but come on strong in the New Year.

As they've had a cracking start to the season, I would say it would be very foolish to dismiss their chances of being a real threat to us.

What do the bookies say?

What do the bookies say?

Top 4 Finish (Bet 365)

Emirates Marketing Project 1/50
Manchester Utd 1/33
Chelsea 1/16
Arsenal 1/2
Tottenham 2
Everton 11/2
Liverpool 15/2
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 25
Fulham 66
West Brom 80
Sunderland 125
Stoke 150
West Ham 150
Aston Villa 250
Swansea 250
QPR 750
Wigan 500
Southampton 750
Reading 1000
Norwich 1500

Don't think they have a shot at top 4 imo, good team, work ethic, but thin squad and not enough attacking invention.

Their big challenges will be keeping people fit (something they traditionally suck at), the January window (other teams buy their better players) and the fact that while Moyes is a good manager, his teams tend to bottle it when it really counts.

Top 4 Finish (Bet 365)

Manchester Utd 1/33
Chelsea 1/16
Arsenal 1/2
Tottenham 2
Everton 11/2
Liverpool 15/2
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 25
Fulham 66
West Brom 80
Sunderland 125
Stoke 150
West Ham 150
Aston Villa 250
Swansea 250
QPR 750
Wigan 500
Southampton 750
Reading 1000
Norwich 1500

So we can chat as much as we like but those are the odds.
After the Chelsea game I predict a flipflop of the Spurs and Arsenal odds.

Top 4 Finish (Bet 365)

Manchester Utd 1/33
Chelsea 1/16
Arsenal 1/2
Tottenham 2
Everton 11/2
Liverpool 15/2

Terrible odds on Spurs there. No incentive to put any money on them or Arsenal with those prices.

Everton aren't a worry this season, great first team but squad is paper thin. They will have their annual striker crisis in December too. Amazed that Fellani hasn't been linked with a CL side yet so expect that all to come in January.

But if they keep going Everton and establish themselves ahead of Liverpool again this year they could well be the next club to be taken over for shed loads of foreign cash.

Going to be tough for us to get top 4 I reckon.

I think Everton will stay the course, City and United are nailed on. In terms of balance, Arse will be better than last year, even without RVP, and Chelsea have strengthened massively.

I just hope if we do finish 5th or 6th that the usual short minded macarons aren't on the case.

No threat. They'll finish reasonably high and they will only get in the top 5 if Spurs and Arsenal go on terrible runs.

now I might be getting a tad carried away with AVB, but, from what I've seen so far this season, we win the league by the end of april

there, i've said it, and i stand by it

i think they will be a significant threat. particularly if we lose any one of Dembele, Bale, or Sandro to injury.

Definitely a threat for a top four finish now that they have started the season well, although I don't think they will quite make it. I see that people point to a thin squad, and they might be right in certain areas, but let's face it. Our own squad is also very thin in many positions this season.

Don't think they have a shot at top 4 imo, good team, work ethic, but thin squad and not enough attacking invention.

Their big challenges will be keeping people fit (something they traditionally suck at), the January window (other teams buy their better players) and the fact that while Moyes is a good manager, his teams tend to bottle it when it really counts.

clearly you havent seen / appreciated them this season or you wouldnt be saying that. they have a wonky on one side a what you could describe as a shadow striker on the other...a good hold up player and a good finisher....all this in front of a solid base of 2 combative midfielders....one of whom when healthy is a decent mid level playmaker

their system makes them a very potent attacking team. i think they have scored more goals than us and have had more of the ball in the box than we have

Last edited:
Don't think they have enough to cope with inevitable injuries and suspensions. We should beat them at home and hopefully get a point away.

clearly you havent seen / appreciated them this season or you wouldnt be saying that. they have a wonky on one side a what you could describe as a shadow striker on the other...a good hold up player and a good finisher....all this in front of a solid base of 2 combative midfielders....one of whom when healthy is a decent mid level playmaker

their system makes them a very potent attacking team. i think they have scored more goals than us and have had more of the ball in the box than we have

AS, to be fair, I don't watch a lot of Everton play, personally find Moyes teams dreadful to watch, usually quite physical and very rarely pretty.

My point was they don't have a top level playmaker, lots of industrious midfielders who make runs into the box (biggest strength for me was the number of bodies they can get into box). Nothing terribly unusual re Moyes sides, the main difference is they have a striker who finishes now.

I'll leave further comments to folks who sit through Everton's games every week, but still think it is a percentage game with them and they will struggle later in the season to break down sides or to win the bigger games.

Scurriers.

When they're fresh and fit and feeling feisty, they're a handful for any club. When they at less than their best, the drop-off is dramatic.

Kennel master Moyes somehow always seem to find enough pork chops to keep his hungry hounds in the hunt. But rarely has he enough to put them over the top. Such will be the case this season. Fellaini is as good as gone. Baines is eyeing up his next job situation. Unless Everton are well up in the top three as the season winds down. both will, at some point, realize that self preservaton is more important than team success. They're both at that critical career juncture. They've seen Lescott and Rodmell cash in their chips and will look to do the same.

So, no. Everton might be a proper pain in the backside, but they won't finish top four. That said, I still quietly enjoy whatever succss they have, especially at Liverpool's expense.

now I might be getting a tad carried away with AVB, but, from what I've seen so far this season, we win the league by the end of april

there, i've said it, and i stand by it

Basically what he has done for 50% of his full seasons in football so far...

:-"

AS, to be fair, I don't watch a lot of Everton play, personally find Moyes teams dreadful to watch, usually quite physical and very rarely pretty.

My point was they don't have a top level playmaker, lots of industrious midfielders who make runs into the box (biggest strength for me was the number of bodies they can get into box). Nothing terribly unusual re Moyes sides, the main difference is they have a striker who finishes now.

I'll leave further comments to folks who sit through Everton's games every week, but still think it is a percentage game with them and they will struggle later in the season to break down sides or to win the bigger games.

good post. i see where you coming from. i guess i just have a different take on it

A possible dent in Everton's hopes...

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini will be out for three weeks with a knee injury, according to the Belgian Football Association.

The 24-year-old picked up the knock in Saturday's Premier League game against Wigan, but nevertheless travelled to meet up with his national team who face matches against Serbia and Scotland in the coming days.

A scan has shown the injury is worse than first thought, though, and he now faces a period on the sidelines.

A statement on the Belgian FA's website read: "Fellaini suffered a small tear at the juncture of muscle and tendon in the knee. The injury was revealed during a scan.

"Fellaini was injured last Saturday during the match between his club Everton and Wigan Athletic. He will be out three weeks.

"It has been agreed with his club Everton FC he will rehabilitate in Belgium during this period."

Back