• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

EVERTON AWAY - MATCH RATINGs THREAD

DanishWhite- Calm down, you are right about some things but the players tried everything in the 2nd half, showed character, were the better team.

Of course we have lost our ten point lead but we knew we had some hard games to play. Everyone struggles at Goodison.

Friedel - 7 - Good performance from Brad

Walker - 6.5 - So, so quick, some good tackles and defensive play
Kaboul - 5 - At fault for the goal, was OK otherwise
King - 6 - Was OK
BAE - 6.5

Bale - 6 - Play him on the fudging left, and his playacting is embarrassing
Parker - 7
Sandro - 5
Modric - 6

Adebayor - 2 - Had more poor touches than good
Defoe - 4 - Poor, but the only guy who looked like scoring

VDV - 6
Saha - 5.5 - Should've scored
Livermore - Seemed a bizarre sub

Redknapp - 2 - Stupid system, Bale on the right, Sandro and Parker were on each other's toes for most of the game and both weren't necessary.

I think it's just not good enough to have insufficient wing back up to the extent that our very injury prone winger is out and we have to stupidly change the system.

Can't be bothered to rate. But a few comments...

Walker is a fudging idiot at present, he spent the first half getting in spats with members of our defence and should have got sent off in the second, petulant little bellend, we'd be screaming murder if that was an Everton player.

Parker still looked knackered to me, and if he could pass more than five yards then he would have been able to play Defoe in one on one, Livermore would have made this pass in my opinion.

Modric out wide is pointless, if Harry feels so strongly that we need two hard tackling midfielders in the middle, rather than sticking Modric out wide I'd rather have Niko, at least he can score coming in from the left.

Thought Defoe did quite well, or perhaps that was in comparison with Ade and Saha.

Sandro also whilst looking a bit rusty made some good tackles, and kept the ball well.

Can't be bothered to rate. But a few comments...

Walker is a fudging idiot at present, he spent the first half getting in spats with members of our defence and should have got sent off in the second, petulant little bellend, we'd be screaming murder if that was an Everton player.

Parker still looked knackered to me, and if he could pass more than five yards then he would have been able to play Defoe in one on one, Livermore would have made this pass in my opinion.

Modric out wide is pointless, if Harry feels so strongly that we need two hard tackling midfielders in the middle, rather than sticking Modric out wide I'd rather have Niko, at least he can score coming in from the left.

Thought Defoe did quite well, or perhaps that was in comparison with Ade and Saha.

Sandro also whilst looking a bit rusty made some good tackles, and kept the ball well.

Walker shouldnt have been sent off. He didnt actually kick out - look at the replays. He didnt even see the guy. Walker was gonna get up

I think Defoe did well he was the only one who had looked like scorin n brick.

lol Walker most definitely intended on tripping the guy

but getting a yellow for that would be a joke

should have been a foul given to us anyway

Seems to me that Defoe only plays well/scores when he has a chip on his shoulder and a point to prove. Leave him out again for a few games then bring him on as sub against Chelsea.

Harry, please please ban Kaboul from taking set pieces! Got beat far too easily for the goal too.

Adebayor had another shocker. I know all players have bad days, but when he's bad, he's exceptionally bad!

Bale anywhere but on left doesn't work. One good game against Norwich in the middle does not make him Ronaldo.

Much better in the 2nd half but unfortunately it was too late. If we had played that well in the 1st half then we probably wouldn't have lost the game.

We miss Lennon desperately!!

I'm glad Kaboul is finally getting the slating he deserves. He's been at fault for so many goals this season it's unreal, especially lately. The most over rated player amongst Spurs fans. He is so average it's hilarious!!

Seems to me that Defoe only plays well/scores when he has a chip on his shoulder and a point to prove. Leave him out again for a few games then bring him on as sub against Chelsea.

Harry, please please ban Kaboul from taking set pieces! Got beat far too easily for the goal too.

Adebayor had another shocker. I know all players have bad days, but when he's bad, he's exceptionally bad!

Bale anywhere but on left doesn't work. One good game against Norwich in the middle does not make him Ronaldo.

Much better in the 2nd half but unfortunately it was too late. If we had played that well in the 1st half then we probably wouldn't have lost the game.

Let me ask you something. Th eformation played in the second was the same as in teh first - so why were we BETTER in the second half than the first? Because Redknapp gave them a fudgein grilling. Those players did not put the effort in the first as they ddi in the second

Because Everton had already achieved what they'd set out to do, get a goal and protect it. They had no need to press us high up the pitch and commit too many players forward, they let us have the ball and it wasn't really until VDV came on that we actually started to pass with any real purpose.

I'm glad Kaboul is finally getting the slating he deserves. He's been at fault for so many goals this season it's unreal, especially lately. The most over rated player amongst Spurs fans. He is so average it's hilarious!!

A lot of players are off form. I really really pray that it's temporary and we don't go on a run like we did in the second half of last season.

fudge me, you lot are going on like we just lost away at Stevenage. It's fudging Everton at Goodison Park!! They had just beat Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project their previous two home games and it's always been a tricky game for us in recent years!! Did you lot see the second half, despite Everton defending REALLY well, we outclassed them completely.

Imagine what would have been had the team been sent out in the right formation in the first place....ffs....:-k

Watch the game again, then apologise with humility......

Several points struck me, for some reason Redknapp fails to see that Bale and Modric need to play where they are best, and if he can not see that then he is a worse manager then i thought. Walker is struggling and has been for a few games ( not necessary his fault but he needs a rest) unfortunately Redknapp has allowed the one player who could have stepped into his place ( Corluka) to go out on loan.

King really is struggling with his positioning and is get caught out and Kaboul is trying to cover and is getting stuck in no mans land.

fudge me, you lot are going on like we just lost away at Stevenage. It's fudging Everton at Goodison Park!! They had just beat Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project their previous two home games and it's always been a tricky game for us in recent years!! Did you lot see the second half, despite Everton defending REALLY well, we outclassed them completely.

I am not talking about the result isolated - I am talking about the performance.

The performance was distinctly under par and some aspects were outright unacceptable. And our performances HAVE been poor for some time now, despite what the we-are-not-in-poor-form merchants would have you believe.

DanishWhite- Calm down, you are right about some things but the players tried everything in the 2nd half, showed character, were the better team.

Of course we have lost our ten point lead but we knew we had some hard games to play. Everyone struggles at Goodison.

No we weren't.

Everton did what they do best - defend in numbers and pressed hard.

Also, I don't believe we tried "everything". Our attacking play was utterly planless until VdV came on, he was no wonder worker but at least he got to be that missing link looking for the last pass. Our attacking was still choking in the middle area, congested of players standing around doing nothing and only wide men were the fullbacks, who both had a mare going forward. Finally yet again, our set pieces were a waste of time. Here's a club to our strikers, centrehalves going forward and midfielders getting into the box (from a very, very low level former amateur youth player):

How about moving your feet and ATTACKING THE BALL in the air, rather than expecting Bale, Rafa and Co hit you square mid forehead from 30 yards out ?

Were we really expecting to score against Everton doing that ? And is that really "everything" we have to give ?

Jeez.

Difference between the two sides was the quality of their strike. We outplayed them overall, reflected by our 21 attempts on goal to their 9 - and that doesn't include Defoe's offside strike

Friedel 6 - might have been luckier with their goal had he been a fraction more central because he finger-tipped it onto the inside of the post

Walker 6 - some good defending but seems to have replaced his forward threat with petulance

Kaboul 4 - when he's good he's very very good, but when he's bad he's horrid

King 5 - sadly no longer the King, illustrated by his total loss of concentration when arguing with the ref whilst play continued and our goal came under threat. Totally out of character.

Ekotto 6 - decent

Bale 6 - I'm disillusioned by the prima donna that is rapidly emerging

Sandro 5 - seems to have lost confidence probably because he's dropped down the pecking order

Modrich 6 - good game overall

Parker 6 - ditto. Not sure why he was taken off - was he injured? Not as though Livermore was going to do anything spectacularly game changing, was it!

Defoe 7 - cannot understand why he is getting so much stick, he looked much sharper than usual and might have been luckier

Adebayor 4 - woeful. Are we ever going to see full value for our ?ú200k-a-week on a regular basis?

Subs

Van Der Vaart 6 - added a bit of class when he came on

Livermore 6 - did okay

Saha 5 - unlucky, struck the woodwork and looked good when he first came on, thereafter tried to take on a bit too much

This. As much as I am disappointed in the result, I took a lot of postives from that 2nd half performance. Bad luck cost a point. I feel a couple of good wins next week and we can take some confidence into the Cheslea game

Definitely weird how different people see a players performance. Despite not being a World-beating display I thought Sandro ran his socks off and really put a shift in, as we're clapping him getting substituted for VDV, the bloke behind me shouts 'Thank f#ck for that you're sh#t get off'

Bizarre.

We miss Lennon desperately!![/QUOTE]

This. Big mistake in not sorting out some sort of back-up in Jan. So obvious Lennon would pick up at least one injury before May. VDV,Kranjcar,Bale. We've tried them all at RW and none of them seem to work

This. Big mistake in not sorting out some sort of back-up in Jan. So obvious Lennon would pick up at least one injury before May. VDV,Kranjcar,Bale. We've tried them all at RW and none of them seem to work

VdV has done well out right on several occasions. Arguably (with Walker behind him mind) a better attacking option than Lennon. But obviously not as good defensively.

Kranjcar did alright out on the right this season as well, surprisingly actually. But probably Walker supporting him is the key once again. Problem for me is that he tends to play in the wrong kinds of games. Kranjcar is good, but limited. And because of that he will be good in some games, not so good in others. He is at his best when we have to break down stubborn, park the bus type teams where there isn't much space to attack and the game isn't too dynamic, switching between attacking and defending all the time. The Arsenal wasn't the right game for him, neither was the Manc game earlier in the season. However, Everton might have been a good game for him. Would much rather see him stuck out on the right so that Bale and Modric could play in their natural positions rather than everything being switched around.

Our inability to upgrade Bentley or GDS last summer has come back to haunt us, plus Harry's inability to get the best out of Pienaar. Levy absolutely must rectify things this summer.

VdV has done well out right on several occasions. Arguably (with Walker behind him mind) a better attacking option than Lennon. But obviously not as good defensively.

Kranjcar did alright out on the right this season as well, surprisingly actually. But probably Walker supporting him is the key once again. Problem for me is that he tends to play in the wrong kinds of games. Kranjcar is good, but limited. And because of that he will be good in some games, not so good in others. He is at his best when we have to break down stubborn, park the bus type teams where there isn't much space to attack and the game isn't too dynamic, switching between attacking and defending all the time. The Arsenal wasn't the right game for him, neither was the Manc game earlier in the season. However, Everton might have been a good game for him. Would much rather see him stuck out on the right so that Bale and Modric could play in their natural positions rather than everything being switched around.
Agreed.

Back