• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League Thread

Benfica has now lost their last 8 finals in Europe, 5 in European Cup/Champs.League and 3 in UEFA/Europa League. They must be really cursed ! Apparently, their former manager Bela Guttman was sacked after winning them 2 European Cups in 1961 and 1962 and he angrily cursed them that they won't ever win any other finals in Europe. And they have lost 8 finals since then. His curse must be working until now.:lol:

Last edited:
Despite a Spanish Europa league winner, two Spanish teams in the CL final the Premier League is still the best league in the world because everyone says so.

I can see the argument but then the player is basically just stopping their run up before to let you move before rolling it the other side which I don't think is fair either. A goalie has no chance to move that late from a standing position.

Personally people that try that sort of run up are asking for trouble.
I think being a bit off your line at the point it's taken is fair enough really, but for Cardoza's penalty Beto was a good 2 to 3 yards off his line.

bnohpj7imaesr0f-large.jpg

Agree with you about the stutter run up, mugs game.

Despite a Spanish Europa league winner, two Spanish teams in the CL final the Premier League is still the best league in the world because everyone says so.

Not because everyone says so, but because experts at Sky say so. Who could argue with Jamie Redknapp when he insinuated to Thierry Henry that Atletico Madrid were the weakest team in the knock out stages of the Champions League?

imo, penalty rules should be changed to keep it simpler.

the gk should be forced to start on his line (or behind). and the kicker should be allowed anywhere in the box. once the gk and the kicker signal to the ref that they are ready, the ref should blow his whistle, at which point it becomes a free for all.

for penalties during normal period, the other players should start from outside the box(plus D). but once the whistle goes, they should be able to enter the box too.

And to think Sevilla finished 9th last year

and it took them 19 games to win it,the spanish clubs and infact most of europe are far more positive of the europa club than the UK clubs,bitch and moan about the tournament but everyone knows the schedule so get on with it........

I think being a bit off your line at the point it's taken is fair enough really, but for Cardoza's penalty Beto was a good 2 to 3 yards off his line.

bnohpj7imaesr0f-large.jpg

Agree with you about the stutter run up, mugs game.

Yeah but you could look at any penalty and find something wrong with it, e.g. keeper off his line, other players encroaching in the box.

Back