• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League Thread

How many stuttering run ups to take a penalty examples do Benfica need to understnad that its the most ****ing stupid way to take a penalty?

Imagine the team in white celebrating and the fans cheering are Spurs...

Anyone still think the EL is a waste of time?

Glad Seville won, but has the rule about not moving off your line changed? 3 of them stood around watching it.

Glad Seville won, but has the rule about not moving off your line changed? 3 of them stood around watching it.

this is why i think the appeals system (a la tennis, nfl etc) is a must in football. there are too many incorrect ruling precedents in football now. the only way to get the rules enforced i think is to publically point them out. i think the appeals system would do this.

imagine today; if the benfica manager appealed against the gk coming off his line. i have no doubt that the appeal would have been accepted.

I can see the argument but then the player is basically just stopping their run up before to let you move before rolling it the other side which I don't think is fair either. A goalie has no chance to move that late from a standing position.

Personally people that try that sort of run up are asking for trouble.

what we think is fair or unfair is irrelevant tho. the rules are the rules, and the refs job is to enforce them.

the rules allow for players to take that kind of run up. but not for the gks to come off their lines. the problem is that this "foul" has been allowed to for too long and now refs are scared to go against the precedent. by introducing the appeals system, it will highlight the actions of the players against the rule book. and so all of these kind of fouls that have been overlooked (ie. shirt pulling, abusive language, fouls inside the box etc) will be eradicated.

Back