• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial 1m

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Toulouse for the transfer of Etienne Capoue

A4887_zps84996c4d.jpg

Capoue Career Statistics

Got a good bunch of midfielders in the mix now:

Capoue, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Holtby, Carroll.

Looks very strong. Think Carroll may go out on loan. I'm hoping Holtby can step up and provide some creativity, but may need to look at upgrading this area next summer if he can't.

nice :)

well done again Levy/Baldini/AVB =D> 4 big signings before the season begins

Got a good bunch of midfielders in the mix now:

Capoue, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Holtby, Carroll.

Looks very strong. Think Carroll may go out on loan. I'm hoping Holtby can step up and provide some creativity, but may need to look at upgrading this area next summer if he can't.

Siggy too...Carroll is off imo (probably a loan but maybe permanent).

It is always great to sign such a versatile player who all you FM types are spunking over!

It is amazing we are getting them in 19 days to early!!!!

who would he be compared to for us mere mortals to get excited about him?

a centre back still to come imo

Possibly. Dawson is practically history under AVB, and I guess we don't know whether AVB will rate Kaboul. No decent centre back is going to want to join us unless they are going to be first team so if we do sign another it will either be a first teamer (bye Dawson!), a youngster (I don't think we'll go down this route, we'll just use Fryers) or a journeyman stop gap (in which case I'd rather keep what we have to be honest).

I think we just signed him. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Dawson will be the centre backs. Capoue will act as cover for CB and DM.

It's possible ... Although i think we plan on getting that Romanian fella at some point - either end of the window or in Jan.

Interested in this Capoue deal and what it means for the team/squad

I dont know whether this guy is any good so cant say im happy and cant say im upset - its impossible to have any feeling towards a signing if youve never watched him. From what I gather he is a DM come makeshift CD. I am intrigued though

What I would like to know is who will and do we need a creative player - someone like a Riquelme for example Someone who can thread a pass, who has intelligence etc etc

Levy and Baldini =D>=D>
I watched him for Tolouse last season (as we had a Norwegian named Daniel Braathen there (ex Bolton)), and I was impressed in big parts.
Built like a brick, fairly quick, good enough with the ball to his feet. Of what Ive heard he's developed his attacking play a lot for the last year or year and a half.
Gives us great options and was fairly cheap.
I need TP for my bunghole - I nearly want the window to close now :lol:

Back