• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/31/erik-lamela-tottenham-chelsea-stamford-bridge

Love how his attitude is so positive. I recall reading an interview with Rose in which he said Lamela ripped into him for not aiming for the title when we were in with a chance a couple of seasons ago.

That’s what makes Rose’s sun interview all the funnier. The idea that he was claiming he was always a big player and ‘will get what he’s worth’ when barely a year earlier he didn’t even believe we had a shot of the title when we were well within sight of it.

Yet another reason why it was absolutely unfathomable that he gave that interview.

That’s what makes Rose’s sun interview all the funnier. The idea that he was claiming he was always a big player and ‘will get what he’s worth’ when barely a year earlier he didn’t even believe we had a shot of the title when we were well within sight of it.

Yet another reason why it was absolutely unfathomable that he gave that interview.

No offense to Rose, don't think he's the smartest in the group.

Will be interesting over summer with Lamela, I'm assuming we haven't invested so much time in his rehab to sell him?

No offense to Rose, don't think he's the smartest in the group.

Will be interesting over summer with Lamela, I'm assuming we haven't invested so much time in his rehab to sell him?

I'm just astonished that someone who clearly needs to be able to use his brain in some sort of way (following tactical instructions, mental strength to improve enough to be a top level professional etc) could be so utterly thick as to give that interview. Even 9 months on, it still astounds me that someone could be that stupid.

It was good to see ( imo) he should have gone for the easy ball and nearly screwed it up by being greedy, thankfully it turned out ok and that goal killed the game.

He and Eriksen both had a word to Son before heading to celebrate .. it was an important moment in the game, Son made the wrong choice but we got away with it. They obviously feel comfortable as a group to push each other, Son pushed back on Dele in a recent game as well.

I'm just astonished that someone who clearly needs to be able to use his brain in some sort of way (following tactical instructions, mental strength to improve enough to be a top level professional etc) could be so utterly thick as to give that interview. Even 9 months on, it still astounds me that someone could be that stupid.

Not really, a system in which everyone has a role and lots and lots of repetitive training, its about making it almost like instinct.

He and Eriksen both had a word to Son before heading to celebrate .. it was an important moment in the game, Son made the wrong choice but we got away with it. They obviously feel comfortable as a group to push each other, Son pushed back on Dele in a recent game as well.

made the wrong choice twice, firstly should have squared across to Alli and then should have pulled it back to Lamela - at no point was he in the best position to score from, or even in a likely position to score. It all worked out well in the end though but it is something i have noticed in his game, Kane can get away with that kind of selfishness, not sure Son can.

The media can always blow these situations where players are chastising teammates into something more than it is but I think this does show a passion and drive to thrive. It was a critical moment in the game for us to really put the match to bed so thankfully the ball still rolled into the back of the net. Instead of celebrating, Eriksen and Lamela both looked at Son as he rushed off to celebrate with Dele.

Did I mention that I love Lamela?

made the wrong choice twice, firstly should have squared across to Alli and then should have pulled it back to Lamela - at no point was he in the best position to score from, or even in a likely position to score. It all worked out well in the end though but it is something i have noticed in his game, Kane can get away with that kind of selfishness, not sure Son can.

Just saw these posts, sorry for double posting, but Eriksen did mention that in the post-match interview. He admitted Son was in a good run of form so he was entitled to take the shot but you are right. Son should've used his judgment to overrule his greediness and just square the ball for what should've been an easier goal than what Dele scraped out. Still, Son was instrumental in that whole move leading up to the goal (and Eriksen's pass leading up to it, wow) so I give him a little slack but really needed to pick his head up and not let the adrenaline be the decision-maker.

Not really, a system in which everyone has a role and lots and lots of repetitive training, its about making it almost like instinct.

I mean just in a general, sort of 'living as a human' sort of sense. To even get to the standard of football he has gotten to, he has to at the least have a brain. He's just monumentally stupid around other aspects of life, which is a shame.

Just saw these posts, sorry for double posting, but Eriksen did mention that in the post-match interview. He admitted Son was in a good run of form so he was entitled to take the shot but you are right. Son should've used his judgment to overrule his greediness and just square the ball for what should've been an easier goal than what Dele scraped out. Still, Son was instrumental in that whole move leading up to the goal (and Eriksen's pass leading up to it, wow) so I give him a little slack but really needed to pick his head up and not let the adrenaline be the decision-maker.

He really does need to get his head up some more - it's all very well having a strikers' instinct around the box but Son routinely makes the wrong decision when he's in those sort of areas. Sometimes there's a good argument for him taking the shot but he clearly made the wrong decision on Sunday. Really needs to work on it.

The agent. There is a back-story to it, and bottom line is he was ill-advised and came across a manager who deals with such things swiftly and fairly.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The agent. There is a back-story to it, and bottom line is he was ill-advised and came across a manager who deals with such things swiftly and fairly.

Did he sack his agent after that? It must go down as one of the stupidest off-pitch moves I've ever seen from a footballer. I can imagine Poch almost shaking his head, rolling his eyes, and not actually being that mad at Danny for what happened if the agent had such an impact...although that doesn't mean that Poch doesn't know the punishment is that he would have to do something extraordinary to get back to being first choice.

Just hilarious the more I think about it. Some two-bit agent trying to play the big moves against two of the most strategic, smart, and actually principled men in football in Poch and Levy. It's actually awkward how badly it has turned out for them.

He really does need to get his head up some more - it's all very well having a strikers' instinct around the box but Son routinely makes the wrong decision when he's in those sort of areas. Sometimes there's a good argument for him taking the shot but he clearly made the wrong decision on Sunday. Really needs to work on it.

It's tricky because as Kane proves there's merit in allowing your best strikers freedom to be selfish. After Kane, that player is Son based on this seasons goalscoring levels. However, Lamela is extremely assisting in his play and could argue that if others play that way it works out for the team, especially in situations like Lamela was for our third goal, unmarked on the six yard box.

It's tricky because as Kane proves there's merit in allowing your best strikers freedom to be selfish. After Kane, that player is Son based on this seasons goalscoring levels. However, Lamela is extremely assisting in his play and could argue that if others play that way it works out for the team, especially in situations like Lamela was for our third goal, unmarked on the six yard box.

Yeah, it is a tough one. It will ultimately be what seperares Son from being a truly elite player or merely a very good one though.

Like with Kane, that ridiculous goal he scored while masked against Arsenal at the Lane, he’s earned the right to try those sorts of efforts. He scores from seemingly impossible angles.

Son either needs to get more consistent with his finishing to reach Kane level, or he needs to improve his decision making. It will be tough for him to always make the right call, to pass that one time in ten when it’s the optimal call to make, but that’s what will make him elite.

Did he sack his agent after that? It must go down as one of the stupidest off-pitch moves I've ever seen from a footballer. I can imagine Poch almost shaking his head, rolling his eyes, and not actually being that mad at Danny for what happened if the agent had such an impact...although that doesn't mean that Poch doesn't know the punishment is that he would have to do something extraordinary to get back to being first choice.

Just hilarious the more I think about it. Some two-bit agent trying to play the big moves against two of the most strategic, smart, and actually principled men in football in Poch and Levy. It's actually awkward how badly it has turned out for them.

It is a tricky story, involving a primary agent who worked with the agency (like being managed by a firm and having a personal rep at that firm...I don’t believe his agency changed.

Back