• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Remember Levy is running the club for someone else. He is taking orders as well. Simon Jordan was keen to point that out, although I saw it more as a dig about Levy not being the top man.

Could be why AVB was brought in. Because he is easy to manage from the chairmans pov.

But I have read a lot about people assuming Levy will be different with AVB. He won't. AVB will be backed within budget if he is doing well, not backed if he is unsure. Just as he'll be fired at the end of the season if things don't meeting Levys expectations.

Well we have supporters who are convinced he will walk and now those that think he will be sacked, you have to laugh at those who over-react

It would have been great to sign a Striker this window, but not at any cost. Levy clearly had a price and was not willing to go above it. He has shown he will take risks but not stupid ones. A lot of posters were expecting him to sign both Moutinho and a striker. Moutinho even after we had signed Dembele and Holtby- where does the money come from?

We could probably do with Phillips in our team right now. He was available this window as well.

I really hope for the sake of your sanity you're joking.

I'm married to a Palace fan and even they're disgusted with the purchase.

Could be why AVB was brought in. Because he is easy to manage from the chairmans pov.

But I have read a lot about people assuming Levy will be different with AVB. He won't. AVB will be backed within budget if he is doing well, not backed if he is unsure. Just as he'll be fired at the end of the season if things don't meeting Levys expectations.

A lot of posters on this forum work in the same format with their own employers (albeit for far lesser wages and pay offs)....

Remember Levy is running the club for someone else. He is taking orders as well. Simon Jordan was keen to point that out, although I saw it more as a dig about Levy not being the top man.

I don't think he is when it comes to the running of Spurs, I think old Joe is only interested in the overall ENIC picture

I really hope for the sake of your sanity you're joking.

I'm married to a Palace fan and even they're disgusted with the purchase.

I remember KP missing a pen against us in a dour nil-all-er at the lane. Highlight of the season back then.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Are you saying that our choice is to sign players late in the window or not at all?

As for the first sentence in that paragraph, it really needs to be a football decision as well Milo.

I am saying that if there is a finite amount of money for transfers, if we spend more on bringing people in early, there will be less left as a result. One possible outcome of this is that our squad is not strengthened by bringing players early but weakened by bringing in less players because of lack of funds.

The thing that got me in this window was a lack of foresight. We go in with a 13 mill bid in the afternoon of the final day of the window, why not do that at the start of the window and then if negotiations break down by say mid-jan go to the next target and we may have been able to bring in someone like Negredo if we had the time as Sevilla were crying out for the money and maybe would have taken 13-15 mill. Even skint Everton were in there about to do a deal when that should have been us.. If that didn't happen then maybe we could loaned someone.. It just stank what happened yesterday and tinkled me off, it was as if he was saying i'll show the fans that we tried but all along knew we would be re-buffed. That one off Jan deal a few seasons back when we bought in VDV was defo a one off. I just want someone in there who knows what their doing and has a plan because form the outside it doesn't look good.

For those of you who don't watch much Spanish football.. 'Negredo’s goal scoring record has fluctuated from solid to very good over the past few seasons, and he is in excellent form at the moment which should help him hit the ground running if he makes the move to the Premier League. The striker has nine goals in 19 appearances for Sevilla (33% of the sides total output in the league), and, along with David Villa, leads the top scorer rankings in the Copa Del Rey with five goals in four games.'

Interesting to see our business in Jan over the years

2013 - Holtby 1.5 mill
2012 - Ryan Nelson. Saha frees
2011 - S Pienaar 3 mill Khumalo - 1.5 mill
2010 - Kaboul 5 mill Gudjohnsen loan
2009 - Keane 12, Cudicini free, Chimbonda 3 mill, palacios 12 mill, Defoe 15 mill
2008 - Gilberto 1.9 mil Hutton 8 mill woodgate 8 mill
2007 - alnwick 1 mill Rocha 1 mill
2006 - Ghaly 3 mill d murphy 2 mill

Anelka would have been a good buy - on a free too

I saw that Reading offered £10 for Siguardsson yesterday. If we'd done our business earlier in the window we could have then sold Siguardsson and made a profit on a very average player and put 10 mill back in the coffers having spent money on a striker.

I can't believe, people want Levy gone because he doesn't spend more than we make. I'm very happy and proud of the way our club is run. Do you wish we had Tony Fernandes instead.
Look where we were when ENIC took over and where we are now, along with the quality players we've had at the club and all whilst only having a 36k stadium.
Apparently the only reason we got Dembele was because we were the only club willing to pay the whole fee upfront.
Don't expect the top of the range training ground was cheap either!

If the target was 4th last season, I could see an argument for not strengthening in January. At this point last year we were sitting pretty in 3rd on 50 points having scored 44 goals. No one could have predicted the injuries that hit us in early Feb or the loss of form that cost us.

This year however we're looking over our shoulders, at no point have we got close to the quality we showed last year and we're struggling to score goals. Our lack of action during the window risks making us back into an also ran.

Surely Levy can't be happy with the current lack lustre performances? A return to the CL is looking like a distant dream.

If the target was 4th last season, I could see an argument for not strengthening in January. At this point last year we were sitting pretty in 3rd on 50 points having scored 44 goals. No one could have predicted the injuries that hit us in early Feb or the loss of form that cost us.

This year however we're looking over our shoulders, at no point have we got close to the quality we showed last year and we're struggling to score goals. Our lack of action during the window risks making us back into an also ran.

Surely Levy can't be happy with the current lack lustre performances? A return to the CL is looking like a distant dream.

Despite sitting in 4th

The same Anelka AVB banished to the Chelsea reserves? Never going to happen.

Getting in a striker aint gonna happen either. Guess we are stuck at stalemate. We needed a short term solution he would have been good.

I guess we now all know why Harry got in the likes of Saha in January - yet he got lambasted for it. Same brick different bucket.

Back