• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Or enic might want to hold on for the same reasons that others want to buy chelsea? They see room for growth.

Oh, Christ no.If there's one thing that Chelsea being saved (predictably) from any adverse consequences for 20 years of Abramovich-funded success has done, it's flush out interested buyers in a top-end Premier League team in London.

And there aren't all that many to buy -
  • Kroenke won't sell Arsenal now that he's investing his own money in them and they're doing well as a direct result.
  • West Ham have that new billionaire as a part-owner, and I presume he'll buy out Gold and Sullivan eventually.
  • Palace and Brentford are probably for sale at the right price, but Palace are starting from further back, and Brentford have just moved into their new gaff and their owner might want to hang on to them since their growth potential's just begun to be realized.
That leaves Tottenham Hotspur - a team treading water at the bottom of the 'top six', but financially secure, based in London, with a giant new stadium as yet without a stadium sponsor, and a recent history of CL exploits and the possibility of ascending into the upper echelons with only a little ambition and targeted investment when it matters most. With fans so starved of success for 20 grinding years that even one cup would be a transformative triumph, a joyous moment.

And currently owned by a not-so-odd couple of a miserly currency speculator who barely knows we exist, and his mediocre ex-bargain bin clothes salesman of a henchman.

Jim Ratcliffe, the Broughton/Pagliuca consortiums - there has to be someone out there who can see the potential in us, and save us from ENIC before another 20 grinding years with one League Cup, if we're lucky.

INEOS Arena has a ring to it, actually....

Oh, Christ no.If there's one thing that Chelsea being saved (predictably) from any adverse consequences for 20 years of Abramovich-funded success has done, it's flush out interested buyers in a top-end Premier League team in London.

And there aren't all that many to buy -
  • Kroenke won't sell Arsenal now that he's investing his own money in them and they're doing well as a direct result.
  • West Ham have that new billionaire as a part-owner, and I presume he'll buy out Gold and Sullivan eventually.
  • Palace and Brentford are probably for sale at the right price, but Palace are starting from further back, and Brentford have just moved into their new gaff and their owner might want to hang on to them since their growth potential's just begun to be realized.
That leaves Tottenham Hotspur - a team treading water at the bottom of the 'top six', but financially secure, based in London, with a giant new stadium as yet without a stadium sponsor, and a recent history of CL exploits and the possibility of ascending into the upper echelons with only a little ambition and targeted investment when it matters most. With fans so starved of success for 20 grinding years that even one cup would be a transformative triumph, a joyous moment.

And currently owned by a not-so-odd couple of a miserly currency speculator who barely knows we exist, and his mediocre ex-bargain bin clothes salesman of a henchman.

Jim Ratcliffe, the Broughton/Pagliuca consortiums - there has to be someone out there who can see the potential in us, and save us from ENIC before another 20 grinding years with one League Cup, if we're lucky.

He is a Chelsea fan though and was buying them as a fan

He is a Chelsea fan though and was buying them as a fan

I believe he said recently he was a United fan, but found it easier to get to Chelsea games when he was based in London.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/jim-ratcliffe-chelsea-man-united-23866757

Also owns OGC Nice, and I doubt he's a fan of them.

Mind, Levy claimed to be a lifelong Spurs fan as well before admitting a few years after helping buy us that his interest was 'purely financial', so you never know with these folks as to whether they're actually telling the truth about these things.

You forgot to mention the massive debt.... That will mean no quick returns for any investor. Especially when global interest rates are rising.... I think we're going to be stuck with Enic for a while

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

You forgot to mention the massive debt.... That will mean no quick returns for any investor. Especially when global interest rates are rising.... I think we're going to be stuck with Enic for a while

It's amazing how much people don't know about the finances but bang on about it negatively.

The truth is we are becoming more attractive by the day. The execution and timing of our refinancing is looking on point.

Last edited:
Does it say more about the individual than Spurs when fans say the last 20 years have been a grind!?

What are they expecting to happen in their lives when we win a trophy? Suddenly the frustrations in their lives will all dissolve into eternal joyous rapture?

Make the most of the journey. If it’s a grind that is on you.

It's amazing how much people don't know about the finances but bang on about it negatively.

The truth is we are becoming more attractive by the day. The execution and timing of our refinancing is looking on point.

Strong agree. We are a far more attractive purchase than Chelsea and I doubt that we would be better off under any of the bidders for Chelsea.

What Chelsea's sale does do is open up a slot in the top four because they are not going to be bankrolled to the tune of £150m a year any more.

Strong agree. We are a far more attractive purchase than Chelsea and I doubt that we would be better off under any of the bidders for Chelsea.

What Chelsea's sale does do is open up a slot in the top four because they are not going to be bankrolled to the tune of £150m a year any more.

Hopefully they'll use the club's money to pay for itself before selling it on to the next consortium. It's disgraceful that it's even legal, but I'll allow it in this case.

Maybe Levy could set up some non-profit foundation as owners of the club, where fans can be part owners by buying memberships. They will then owe ENIC what they think is a fair value to be paid back over a number of years. Give it back to the fans and when the loans are paid off it will actually belong to them instead of being used as a money making machine for the already wealthy the way United is.

Then why hasnt anyone come in to buy yet?
Even stadium sponsorship seems to be a challenge and we started when the plans were approved.

This summer will be the third since moving in to the new stadium, if we extrapolate our spending since moving in over a 5 year period we'd likely be sitting 3rd-5th on that table i think which is about right for the club, isn't it?

...and how many seasons with people in it? Basically the point of a stadium.

Yeah, but that's the same for the other clubs so i guess you could say cancels it out on that table. Our net spend comes from the last 5 windows, the 5 previous were balanced because of the stadium build which is the context that always needs to be highlighted whenever these sorts graphics get posted

Yeah, but that's the same for the other clubs so i guess you could say cancels it out on that table. Our net spend comes from the last 5 windows, the 5 previous were balanced because of the stadium build which is the context that always needs to be highlighted whenever these sorts graphics get posted
Not really
Very few clubs have the stadium as key revenue like us

Its such a blunt indicator.

The last 3 seasons we have well and truly spent the money but as that table attests too, how you spend it is just as, if not more, important.

Plus a coach who knows what he is doing is a massive elevator.

£150m plus sales I would imagine... have we just confirmed a potential £200m transfer window?!

Didn't we take up a loan to cover covid losses? I don't think it will all go towards signings, but we should be pretty sound financially.

Back