• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

When he first came, I was delighted. One of his earliest performances was in the 4-0 routing of Liverscum. One of the finest displays of front line leading I have ever seen. Ade mullered their centre backs and I think Carragher got himself sent off. Ade was awesome on his day. Just a shame his days was so few and far between. What a waste of a talent.

41 goals in 106 games is still a decent return on a £5m signing.

2.5 good seasons out of 4

Indeed, on his day he was the best CF we have had here since Berby. The problem for some fans is that he used to play for the Arse ( and I still see fans who hated him the moment he came here ). There is not a fan who knows what problems he had because of his family and other things that have happened with/too him.

But its good he has moved on and at least the over the top vitriol that some of the more ignorant fans dealt out at him will now cease.

He was brilliant in 2011/2012, was half decent in 2012/2013, was surprisingly good in 2013/2014, and finally was frozen out in 2014/2015. Troubles with managers aside, his team-mates mostly liked him (by all accounts), and he didn't slag off the club in the media, despite being ostracized towards the end.

The real reason we all wanted him out was probably because we believed that we'd be able to use his wages to buy someone more suited to the side. Well, either that or, as @parklane1 points out, because he used to play for the Arse.

I've resisted on commenting on him too much, because I've had a taste of the problems he's described himself as having, and I know what it means to come out in public and admit that he has them. I can also sympathize with the horror he must have lived with for the past few years, constantly re-remembering that day when he held a dying team-mate in his arms as bullets and blood flew all around him.

Sod his value to the club, he's a human being. And I hope things get better for him, now that he's reached a (somewhat) amicable settlement with us.

I was fast forwarding through the guff, most of it, but did MOTD show his slide to the Ar5ena1 fans as a on this day in history? How the mighty have fallen
Noticed that too; for all of his failings, at least Adebayor seemed to share our hatred of the Goons!

v7ql41.jpg

Back