• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Richards is a macaron

- If Pep wanted an outright striker, Kane should be the choice
- If you wanted to dominate the league/CL, lose Aquero, Jesus, Sterling and bring Kane & Mbappe in
- City needs a DM replacement badly, Fernandino is fudging what, 35 now? and that should be higher up the list than Grealish
- I like Grealish but I also struggle to believe if you could spend £80M on a CM, he'd be your go to guy

With referees being not quite so picky over fouls this season letting more fouls go.
It may of halves the value of Grealish

It’ll only last a couple of weeks, the fans and press will lose their brick over perceived inconsistencies before the officials are advised to actually apply the laws as written again.

So with peps spend closing in on wbat we spent on tbe stadium what will happen first, we host a CL final or pep wins one?

I'm somewhat surprised they don't seem to be after a Fernandinho replacement, what with the guy being 37 and all. Rodri seems the only like for like and City don't appear to be entirely convinced by him.

I'm somewhat surprised they don't seem to be after a Fernandinho replacement, what with the guy being 37 and all. Rodri seems the only like for like and City don't appear to be entirely convinced by him.

City/Pep aren't particularly great at planning a side

Said it elsewhere, Pep inherited Aguero, Jesus, Fernandinho, KDB, Sterling, Kompany, David Silva, Sane amongst others

Didn't really plan to replace Kompany, seems like Dias is that one
Didn't really plan properly with David Silva, still not sure who that is
No plan re Fernandinho
No plan re Aquero, this half assed attempt at Kane

If you know you have a budget of £150-£250M a window, can't be that fudging hard to improve the side over time.

City/Pep aren't particularly great at planning a side

Said it elsewhere, Pep inherited Aguero, Jesus, Fernandinho, KDB, Sterling, Kompany, David Silva, Sane amongst others

Didn't really plan to replace Kompany, seems like Dias is that one
Didn't really plan properly with David Silva, still not sure who that is
No plan re Fernandinho
No plan re Aquero, this half assed attempt at Kane

If you know you have a budget of £150-£250M a window, can't be that fudging hard to improve the side over time.

Hmm, you can do that with any decent squad from time though imo - Have we replaced Toby, Verts, Dembele, Eriksen etc. As unfortunate as it is, the difference is that they're still going to be up there competing for the top honours (although to be fair, as you mentioned, the budget is there to get in top level 1st teamers in at the drop of a hat).

Appreciate that the net spend is going to be a key factor but for me it's hard to argue that they've not executed the plan well, no disputing the trophies etc. Not going to change anyone's mind on the lack of a CL = failure given the investment. I don't expect everyone to be publicly fawning over them however the football has been something to behold over the years. Usually they have two quality players in each position but right now there's a few obvious things to fix. People thought they were totally fudged at the start of last season IIRC, yet annoyingly they just stormed away with the league..

The interesting hypothetical question for me is how Pep would've fared coming to us (as unrealistic as it is, rather than Poch). It seems like there's a lot who aren't convinced in his abilities without the chequebook ie "fraudiola" which I can understand given his previous clubs.

Back