• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Wow. brick is getting scarier by the day.

Won't be long now until the White House will start spreading deep fakes to discredit democrats/journalists/immigrants/Mueller/whoever tinkles Trump off.

Wow. brick is getting scarier by the day.

Won't be long now until the White House will start spreading deep fakes to discredit democrats/journalists/immigrants/Mueller/whoever tinkles Trump off.

As soon as Trump finds out about deep fakes he'll disappear for a month after running the family photo album through more processing power than a bitcoin mine.

As soon as Trump finds out about deep fakes he'll disappear for a month after running the family photo album through more processing power than a bitcoin mine.

I think I know what you're implying here, but I won't say it out loud. :eek:

What is deep fakes?

you take an existing scene of a movie or tv show, and some pictures of another person, throw them into some software and out pops a video of the original scene with the faces swapped to those from the provided pictures

you could for example, take your favourite scene from your favourite movie, and improve it by swapping the original actor for Jeff Goldblum

I of course, couldn't do this, as Goldblum is already in it... I guess I could have two Goldblums...

you take an existing scene of a movie or tv show, and some pictures of another person, throw them into some software and out pops a video of the original scene with the faces swapped to those from the provided pictures

you could for example, take your favourite scene from your favourite movie, and improve it by swapping the original actor for Jeff Goldblum

I of course, couldn't do this, as Goldblum is already in it... I guess I could have two Goldblums...
Ah I see how that could be used to ...um....add loads of Goldblums. Can't have enough really.

She refused to step down at a time when Obama could have chosen a replacement.

She should regret that by now, surely. If Trump wins in 2020, she'll have to hang on until she's 91 years old for her next chance for a democratic president.

It's quite baffling anyway that important positions like supreme court justice is held for life. There should be maximum terms for them as well.

She should regret that by now, surely. If Trump wins in 2020, she'll have to hang on until she's 91 years old for her next chance for a democratic president.

It's quite baffling anyway that important positions like supreme court justice is held for life. There should be maximum terms for them as well.
It's quite important that they are lifetime terms.

When the SC is working properly (not stuffed with conservative political activists), their focus is supposed to be on precedent and stability. They should be able to ignore the vagueries of short-term public opinion and interpret laws in a manner that will stand for decades or more.

Now that's gone to brick because of Trump appointing hugely underqualified, overtly political hacks, but the Democrats have to take some of the blame for that as they used the nuclear option on judicial appointments under Obama. The Republicans followed suit on SC nominations.

It's quite important that they are lifetime terms.

When the SC is working properly (not stuffed with conservative political activists), their focus is supposed to be on precedent and stability. They should be able to ignore the vagueries of short-term public opinion and interpret laws in a manner that will stand for decades or more.

Now that's gone to brick because of Trump appointing hugely underqualified, overtly political hacks, but the Democrats have to take some of the blame for that as they used the nuclear option on judicial appointments under Obama. The Republicans followed suit on SC nominations.

Fair point. And I get it. But being a political appointment, there is always the risk that whoever is in power will exploit the nomination of a SC justice for long term, political gain.

I think precedent and stability would be well served with a maximum term of say 12 years or so. It would also limit the damage caused by nutjob presidents and politicians appointing nutjob SC justices.

Not that it would matter, because the US is screwed anyway.

Fair point. And I get it. But being a political appointment, there is always the risk that whoever is in power will exploit the nomination of a SC justice for long term, political gain.

I think precedent and stability would be well served with a maximum term of say 12 years or so. It would also limit the damage caused by nutjob presidents and politicians appointing nutjob SC justices.

Not that it would matter, because the US is screwed anyway.
Until the nuclear option was triggered, there wasn't much risk of that.

Any appointments had to be at least reasonable to the other side, because they could just filibuster anyone they really didn't like. That could only be avoided if a party had more than 60% of the Senate, the assumption being that if they are that in control, then they are truly representative of the people.

....I don't think it will matter who is in what role. Trump getting a second term would validate a new ideology.

Back