1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Dele Alli

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 2 Feb 2015.

1. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Roman Pavlyuchenko

He used to. I think the Poch years took a lot out of him.

2. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steffen Iversen

I think that injuries (which happen to lots of playas) and becoming a multi-media fashionista took his eye off his day job,

3. Bishop

Bishop Neil Ruddock

How much do you see is wanting? I'm finding that a difficult to put my finger on. He's invalidly not at the height of his firm so the figure will be lower than it would have been in 2017 yet he's still got a lot of name recognition.

It doesn't seem like we are in a rush to move him on so maybe unless a fee we find irresistible comes in he'll stay and have a chance to get more involved and win back a place

4. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

I would think £40m
    And I don’t see us flexing too much on whatever fee we want as the club can afford to be picky

5. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Daniel Levy says hi.

6. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

Nice to meet you

7. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Pat van den Hauwe

I'm of the same mind. From PSG rumours 2 months ago, to Leeds rumours now. That would feel like an awful waste of talent. Mind you, I can't see much news about it apart from a local Leeds news website - it doesn't seem to be any more than a player they "might" go for. Unless of course we have some real ITK in @nayenezgani's mate.
    I still hold onto the hope he can come good for Mourinho but it's not looking promising.

The gambling rumour is worrying. It doesn't ring true and I want to say he doesn't come across as the "type". But of course there is no such thing as a "type". I just hope for his sake it's nothing more than scurrilous rumour.

DeanoAustin and StephenH like this.
  8. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

What’s that rumour?

9. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Pat van den Hauwe

This one :

10. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

New one to me
    I can ask my mate who runs some addiction centres and the6 normally hear of people
    He had Wheelchair come in several times

11. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steffen Iversen

Guardian football weekly did a pod on gambling in the game. It's rife. And this week they have one on mental health and footballers. Both worth a listen to understand more what goes on.

thfcsteff likes this.
  12. scaramanga

scaramanga Teddy Sheringham Staff Member

Given that he spends his spare time associating with ASBOs and people who would be in prison if they hadn't lucked into football, I'd be very surprised if he didn't have a number of bad habits.

Obviously that's not the same as addiction, but you won't go far wrong judging a man by the company he keeps.

thfcsteff likes this.
  13. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

You referring to Dele?
    His mate who he is best buds with is nothing like that. He is very middle class

14. scaramanga

scaramanga Teddy Sheringham Staff Member

I'm referring to the reports of who he holidayed with in the summer.

15. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

The other players...
    who knows
    Again it’s just reports
    I’m not going to criticise or defend him for his choice of friends as I’ve heard of better players having worse friends and still being amazing
    He hasn’t complained once so far which in this day and age i find amazing, and more so when you consider the profile of him. That can only bode well if he does get it rIght when he gets his chance

thfcsteff, MKSpur and Glenda's Legs like this.
  16. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Gary Stevens Staff Member

I think it is generally known that right now he has some lifestyle choices to make. I think he is a fantastic player, and I also think he is a genuinely decent bloke. Sadly that isn't always enough for you to fulfill potential. Here's hoping he makes the right choices, continues working hard and taking whatever help is on-hand from everyone and elevates back to being the incredible player he is.
    FWIW, this nonsense that he doesn't fit into Mourinho's "style" is just that, nonsense IMO. In fact, I think there are elements which would suit him greatly.

17. Gazza

Gazza Jermaine Jenas

Anyone that calls Jessie Lingard a mate aka Jay Lingz is a taco automatically and that goes for anyone

18. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

Went down a rabbit hole earlier having seen Roy1983s username crop up and ended up seeing this post from towards the end of the 18/19 season (the one which prompted Hazards move to Madrid)

Funny what a "bad" season and one in the wilderness can do to peoples perception of a player

Last edited: 20 Nov 2020
    Bedfordspurs likes this.
  19. AdamB

AdamB Nayim

20. milo

milo Bert Bliss Staff Member