• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I didn't say he was lazy. I did say dozy, because that's what he was. Never got going, lost every 50:50, lost every ball and looked utterly befuddled by the game of football.

Hard to square that with anything other than a loss of concentration, of focus, of effort. Which we don't need, this late in the season, with this patchwork team.

And he isn't new anymore. He's been here four years, he's become one of our most important players. We need him to step up, and he simply *didn't*.

Apologies if I got it wrong. Reading without my glasses on but sure I saw you mention lazy on the ball. Maybe you meant slow to make the pass etc? He had a bad game but I maintain it wasn’t an attitude issue.

He was atrocious. Too slow, too dozy, too many wrong decisions, touch of a concrete elephant, passing vision of Stevie Wonder, too uninterested, too *lazy* on the ball.

Like I said, if it weren't for injuries, I would have left him out of the CL semi. We don't need that attitude within a million miles of a fixture like that.

You said lazy mate - you even did your usual asterisks to emphasise it!

Not his best game, by far. Poor passes, a dive first half, imo. Seems to be focusing on fancy footwork too much for my liking, and not doing the simple things well.
That said, he’s been playing deeper, and really being able to make them late runs as much. Probably missing Kane, but needs to step up at such a critical time.

*If it weren't for injuries.*

Sadly, we'll have to play him and hope he turns up. But I really, really don't like the way he dozed through this game, losing challenges and wandering uselessly around at every turn.

Don't forget what got you here. If Dele stops working, he's a luxury player, and we can't carry those with a weakened team.

Incredible post.
I could not disagree more. He did not have his best game, but like Eriksen and Sonny, he appeared tired to my eyes. Still found two superb passes which should’ve been finished and was continually looking for answers. The main issue with players like Dele and Eriksen is that they require smart movement ahead So should’ve played some of the match through the middle even if only for that reason alone...

Yes he did, i actually thought that the way we started off with Moura and Son running them ragged we would win easily. For some reason both of them drifted out of the game.
I said the same to mates after 30 minutes, something along the lines of “I like the look of Moura, Dele and Son up top, loads of movement and causing problems”. Literally from the moment I sent that we turned to brick!

I said the same to mates after 30 minutes, something along the lines of “I like the look of Moura, Dele and Son up top, loads of movement and causing problems”. Literally from the moment I sent that we turned to brick!

Yep, i thought our running into space and off the ball by the two of them was the best i have seen for a while, for whatever reason it stopped but its something i hope we try again.

We were too slow in our passing from midfield

dele was really guilty of it

It is something i have noticed this season, there are times in a game when we nearly stop the game by passing it back and sideways. I understand that keeping possession is paramount but there are occasions when the early ball is on but we pass it sideways again. The way Son and Moura were moving into space ( and they found a lot of it) in the first half was excellant but we stopped using them.

It is something i have noticed this season, there are times in a game when we nearly stop the game by passing it back and sideways. I understand that keeping possession is paramount but there are occasions when the early ball is on but we pass it sideways again. The way Son and Moura were moving into space ( and they found a lot of it) in the first half was excellant but we stopped using them.

Agree, thought we looked good early on. For some reason, Son seemed to get shunted out wide and got less of the ball. His touch also seemed off all game.

Thought Moura was unfortunate to be hooked too and him playing up top as the focal point never works. He's better playing slightly deeper. I must say though, for a small man, he has some leap.

Personally, I thought Poch got the last third of the pitch all wrong on Saturday after an encouraging start.

Back