• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

As it stands now yes. It would be better to see from an England POV which is the best outcome IMO. Let's see more of our kids coming through and playing for the big sides ASAP.

Doesn't necessarily mean the home grown kids would be any good though, does it? You could have lots of average English kids chasing round after the ball.

There is enough football being played professionally in this country. It isn't top level game time and opportunities that are the problem - it is the lack or misdirection of junior coaching to produce/develop the talent.

BBC Three Counties' Geoff Doyle: "Tottenham and MK Dons are now finalising the deal which will see highly-rated 18-year-old midfielder Dele Alli move from Milton Keynes to White Hart Lane.

"Alli has scored 12 league goals this season for the League One club. The fee is likely to be around £4m with add-ons plus Alli will be loaned back to Stadium MK for the rest of the season."

A box to box midfielder who is technically very gifted with either foot and an excellent eye for goal. He is physically imposing but rather then that making him stand out it actually just means he is the full package. If anything his passing is a little off, but that will improve as he will in general when he gets the move to the prem.

I have not been this excited about a young English player since Huddlestone. Huddlestone did not get to the level I expected due to being to static, but still had a good career(should have moved abroad where his game was more suited). We still made our money back on hud and he was also in the team a lot the year we got champs league. So I hope Alli can do similar.

If I had to liken him to one player it would be Gerrad.

He seems very sprightly and athletic, which were Huds weaknesses. For an 18 year old, he's strong, powerful, quick. Potentially the complete package. As mentioned elsewhere (ITK thread I think) he looks like the sort of player Poch will really enjoy working with, able to close down, work hard and get forward. Can see him being in the first team next season. Youtube caveats etc but from the limited clips it looks like he is already good enough to hold his own at the top level.

Good move, if it happens. Very highly rated, apparently, and English. Not sure if he's box-to-box or an AM, but either way, a good pick-up if we can get 'im.

Excuse my ignorance here but why does everyone in the UK seem to have a hate on for MK Dons?

Cheers Milo - I'll have a read through. From first glance though it seems like my upbringing on the other side of the Atlantic has jaded me to scenarios like this.

I was going to say that there may be a slight gulf in sporting cultures here. The fact that we still call Arsenal Woolwich Wanders 100 years after they moved north of the Thames should give you some idea of how it is viewed over here.

I was going to say that there may be a slight gulf in sporting cultures here.
You're right. Teams over here that aren't solvent move frequently and sometimes will even relocate if it's deemed best for the league.

Back