1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Dejan Kulusevski

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by superspurs, 31 Jan 2022.

1. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Mel Hopkins

The way he came back and scored that peach for 3-0 after the miss just minutes earlier shows how much belief and strong character he has

2. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Mel Hopkins

Def was trying to set up Son, otherwise I am sure he would have slotted it into the empty net, he seemed to hesitate rather than shoot waiting for Son to catch up

FatBloke, papaspur, metalgear and 3 others like this.
  3. Mikey10

Mikey10 Vedran Corluka

Yep. He confirmed it in his comments after the match. It looked like it on the replay at the time.

4. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

Sometimes what he does looks slow and a bit clumsy, but he's in total control and it's effective.
    He's got twice the amount of goals and assists as Diaz, yet Diaz is hailed as the second coming of GHod, and Kulu barely gets a mention. Why is that? It's because Diaz does everything at 100mph and "looks lively", but Kulu is a much more effective player.

scaramanga, Daisuk, Aldo and 14 others like this.
  5. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

I think we should still be patient with him and expect inconsistency. Still very young.

If he can keep up what he's been doing in this first spell here that would be amazing. Even a slight drop would be really good. Still so much time for him to keep developing.

papaspur and metalgear like this.
  6. Legohamster

Legohamster Les Ferdinand

He is the perfect example of what we need to do in the Summer, he is absolutely miles ahead of Moura

Craig_J, metalgear, tommysvr and 3 others like this.
  7. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Pedro Mendes

He is like De Bruyne for me, that awkward run, strong, deadly crossing, goal threat, assists....What a signing

Rorschach, MKSpur, papaspur and 6 others like this.
  8. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

Your forgetting the cult that Diaz plays for
    Kulu fixed a HUGE issue for us on our right
    Diaz would have been great but maybe meant son had to move sides
    We do need better back up for both him and son who we can interchange with them more frequently
    I’d love Darwin Nunez as he can play left and central and bale for the right and break cover
    That’s a lot of pace and power suddenly

Craig_J, metalgear and Kandi1977 like this.
  9. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

I was worried it would take Kulu a while to hit form. That fans might not be patient with him as was the case at Juve. Thankfully he came into a side that was starting to gel, and him and Bentancur balanced the team - all credit to Paratici. His touch and craft is clear. With some good performances, his confidence was up and he's never looked back.

He's probably on half Diaz's wages too do you recon?

Craig_J and metalgear like this.
  10. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

Last time we bought something immediately useful it was VdV.

Lakey likes this.
  11. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

Unpredictability is better than sheer speed most of the times in football.

papaspur and braineclipse like this.
  12. Craig_J

Craig_J Gudni Bergsson

I still can't believe the guys only 21. He already seems sensational.

I cannot wait to see what he will become.

13. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

My thoughts as well, he could become a massive player for us as he progresses.

Craig_J likes this.
  14. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

He's sensational, indeed! And seems like such a professional mature lad as well. Works his socks off, and just have spades and spades of talent. Holy cow, what a joy it is to see Kulu playing for Spurs. Wonderful, wonderful player.

He's started 14 games for us in the PL, has come on in 4 - and he's scored 5 and assisted 8!

15. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Frederic Kanoute

It's amazing to see how quickly he's changed from a slow, one footed player to a star.

16. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

I'll hold my hand up and admit that I thought we'd signed no-one special, based on the very limited time I'd seen him play, but I wasn't extremely vocal about it, in my opinion. But Kulu has been amazing from day 1. What a fudging player he is. A pure joy to watch. My new favorite player.

Craig_J, metalgear and K.D.D.D.D.Soc like this.
  17. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

I think he's faster than he appears to be. It's probably his lumbering style that makes him look slow. He beat Krul to the ball at one point yesterday and I don't think anyone was expecting that. He proceeded to trip over himself after that, but we can put that aside. :p

Kandi1977, papaspur and metalgear like this.
  18. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

Krul must be in his fifties now though.

I thought the Norwich manager (can’t remember his name) was a cheeky fudger, bringing Krul back in, just because he set that PL saves record against us twenty odd years ago.

metalgear likes this.
  19. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

When we compare pace it's obviously going to be against son. Who is quick. Kulu isn't as fast but still great. If he was though...

20. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

Professional, seems to have a good attitude, works really hard. Clever player to able to form a relationship with both Doherty and Emerson.

Those are all signs that he can improve further. He's also a great goal threat and has a high number of assists in him. All that playing from the left. Capable of being a threat both out wide and cutting inside. Lethal on the break with the ability to also cause massive problems for the opposition when they sit back.

Him not being rapidly quick isn't really an issue imo, different kind of player. He's a bit untidy in possession at times, the only real downside I can see. Hopefully he can iron out those technical details over time. If he can he could be magnificent.

papaspur and Daisuk like this.