• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

So if something is being widely reported by a number of sources you need proof of it happening?

What is the proof talks have not happened?

No one is losing their brick - I think most are just laughing at the situation as we are being run by someone that either has been rejected by a number of choices, or has taken 2 months to appoint someone/start discussions with someone.
You still here? Thought you were supporting [sic] someone else?

So again, let's assume every respected journalist and close link to the club is telling porkies.

It's been 2 months since we sacked our manager, other clubs are moving forward, and we have no one at the helm, so identifying targets, gaps, improvements, sales, is difficult when you don't know what the manager wants or needs.

"Fail to plan, plan to fail" goes the old adage.

Will soon start to eat into next season which would have been a transitional season anyway. Imagine if the striker who replaces kane does not hit the ground running. Or if as I fear it is Ings gets injured by hitting the ground running.

I am putting money on the new guy being sacked in November. No idea who the new guy will be. But then hey neither does Levy.

Haha, amazing that people still believe all this and lap it up!

Are you saying we haven't been after :

Naglesmann
Poch
Conte
Fonseca
Gattuso

for the last 2 months?

giphy.gif

BBC:

Spurs' managerial search has taken on a life of its own in this social media age, with so many names being thrown out by fans revelling in the travails of such a big club.

Levy and Paratici, who has not officially taken over as technical director yet, need to bring a sense of order to the situation because an opening-day Premier League meeting with Emirates Marketing Project is fewer than two months away and not many Tottenham fans will be looking at it with a sense of confidence.

Yet people still wax lyrical over Levy because we're in a better position now than the 90s? amazing.

BBC:

Spurs' managerial search has taken on a life of its own in this social media age, with so many names being thrown out by fans revelling in the travails of such a big club.

Levy and Paratici, who has not officially taken over as technical director yet, need to bring a sense of order to the situation because an opening-day Premier League meeting with Emirates Marketing Project is fewer than two months away and not many Tottenham fans will be looking at it with a sense of confidence.

Yet people still wax lyrical over Levy because we're in a better position now than the 90s? amazing.

Mate, let it go (for your own sake), you have a fudging case of ENIC turrets syndrome

- Has Levy done a great job getting to this point from the 90's version of Spurs? = absolutely
- Has this whole process from firing Jose, allowing rampant media speculation and ongoing manager search been anything but farcical? = no, it's a total mess and a PR brickshow

See, two thoughts possible, honestly it's fudging tiresome when you and others use anything stupid/bricky the club does (and they do plenty) to passive aggressively call out other posters. Some people have a more balanced view (or aren't willing to go crazy on every twitter speculation) but it doesn't mean anyone is a ENIC stooge or whatever ..

Let me break it to you bucko, Gold is not a proper journalist and if it were printed on newsprint, that Football London site wouldn't even be classified as fish wrap. Cruelty to a dead animal an' all that.

At least there are s ome who can see through all the Gold brick, i am amazed that s ome seem to think he has any insight into what is REALLY happening.

Mate, let it go (for your own sake), you have a fudging case of ENIC turrets syndrome

- Has Levy done a great job getting to this point from the 90's version of Spurs? = absolutely
- Has this whole process from firing Jose, allowing rampant media speculation and ongoing manager search been anything but farcical? = no, it's a total mess and a PR brickshow

See, two thoughts possible, honestly it's fudging tiresome when you and others use anything stupid/bricky the club does (and they do plenty) to passive aggressively call out other posters. Some people have a more balanced view (or aren't willing to go crazy on every twitter speculation) but it doesn't mean anyone is a ENIC stooge or whatever ..

I think it’s important to say that there are a few folks here criticising the club, Levy, for something very specific. It is the chaos of the managerial search that leaves us sacking Jose and moving from Poch to Gattuso, after supposedly filing permits for Fonseca.

There seems to be some argument creep in the defence of the club, which is that people are ‘losing their brick on every Twitter rumour’ or something similar. This is NOT what is happening. No one is losing their brick over every Twitter rumour. We’ve been linked to Gaspierini on Twitter. No one considers it something to lose their brick over, because it wasn’t reported by anyone with close links.

The point, very specifically, is that when Gold, Kirkpatrick, Pitt-Brooke / Ornstein report it, it has probably had some sort of confirmation or boost from the club. These all reported Paratici with certainty, a month before he was announced. People seem to want to be saying either they picked up a rumour from Italy and got lucky with Paratici, or that they are just making things up. Which are incredible lengths to go to, to defend the club, rather than to just accept that journalists with links to the club are reporting what they have been told.

And if we can remotely accept that they are reporting what they have been told, then as you say, this search has been chaos. There has clearly not been a plan. It clearly isn’t a job the top, most proven coaches want. I think it’s perfectly fine to question all of that as a fanbase.

I think it’s important to say that there are a few folks here criticising the club, Levy, for something very specific. It is the chaos of the managerial search that leaves us sacking Jose and moving from Poch to Gattuso, after supposedly filing permits for Fonseca.

There seems to be some argument creep in the defence of the club, which is that people are ‘losing their brick on every Twitter rumour’ or something similar. This is NOT what is happening. No one is losing their brick over every Twitter rumour. We’ve been linked to Gaspierini on Twitter. No one considers it something to lose their brick over, because it wasn’t reported by anyone with close links.

The point, very specifically, is that when Gold, Kirkpatrick, Pitt-Brooke / Ornstein report it, it has probably had some sort of confirmation or boost from the club. These all reported Paratici with certainty, a month before he was announced. People seem to want to be saying either they picked up a rumour from Italy and got lucky with Paratici, or that they are just making things up. Which are incredible lengths to go to, to defend the club, rather than to just accept that journalists with links to the club are reporting what they have been told.

And if we can remotely accept that they are reporting what they have been told, then as you say, this search has been chaos. There has clearly not been a plan. It clearly isn’t a job the top, most proven coaches want. I think it’s perfectly fine to question all of that as a fanbase.

I am begining to think you must be a agent for those you mentioned, the way you go on about how you believe they have any pull, importance to the club at all.

Incredibly well put.

It clearly isn’t a job the top, most proven coaches want

This is clearly the problem. Its a job where:
- the star player has indicated he might leave
- transfer funds are likely to be limited
- there is an expectation of challenging for the top 4, or not being a million miles off

...and various other factors. Its a tough sell. That said, its also a great opportunity over 3-5 years but it needs someone to take a long-term view and be willing to go through a tough couple years. A tough sell as I said - means we need to target up and coming managers for who this is a step up rather than 'top, most proven coaches' as you said

This is clearly the problem. Its a job where:
- the star player has indicated he might leave
- transfer funds are likely to be limited
- there is an expectation of challenging for the top 4, or not being a million miles off

...and various other factors. Its a tough sell. That said, its also a great opportunity over 3-5 years but it needs someone to take a long-term view and be willing to go through a tough couple years. A tough sell as I said - means we need to target up and coming managers for who this is a step up rather than 'top, most proven coaches' as you said
The problem is that the fans probably won’t allow a manager a couple of years of transition. Even if the fans did then the owners have consistently shown that they absolutely will not.

The problem is that the fans probably won’t allow a manager a couple of years of transition. Even if the fans did then the owners have consistently shown that they absolutely will not.

I think fans would do under the right circumstances. If a manager was building a young team which could be together for a while, playing good football and there was a system then that would be fine, even if we were dropping points from naivity etc then fans would be patient I think

I would rather we took our time and go the right guy, then rush for the sake of fans and end up having to sack another manager in 18 months. If that means its cutting it close, being that this season will basically be transitional anyways then so be it.

As for the media, didn't the club recently already comment about a lot of manager names being mentioned that they know nothing about? Possibly the Levy Interview.

I think fans would do under the right circumstances. If a manager was building a young team which could be together for a while, playing good football and there was a system then that would be fine, even if we were dropping points from naivity etc then fans would be patient I think
I think Pochettino had built up the goodwill with his 4 previous years, he was also on message about the PL league finish being the most important thing…. I think the fans would’ve accepted a transitional season from him in the one in which he was sacked. By sacking him though the owners have probably taken away the possibility of that being tolerated and made it almost impossible for us to rebuild. I fear that things are going to get rather toxic at the stadium in the next couple of years unfortunately.

Last edited:
Back