1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Howard Webb, 8 Feb 2012.

1. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

Levy has done an amazing job, but I'm worried that the empty stadium will set us back (why couldn't this pandemic have hit when we were building it - typical Spurs). Nevertheless the Amazon documentary will further expose the club to many around the world, especially in the US where Amazon is huge. So increasing our worldwide fanbase might offset the empty stadium somewhat. Only thing we still need is for Bezos to buy the club and we're set. :D

2. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steffen Iversen

If people can stay awake through the amazon reality show it might help. But let's be honest, as a show it's not a patch on Sunderland Til I Die. Hopefully the Bezos comment in tongue in cheek. That billionaire is a heartless sociopath and I'd prefer him away from MY club.

3. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Ben Thatcher

I've had quite a few US colleagues ping me telling me they are watching AoN on Amazon. The PL is pretty big there, so a lot of US fans are watching it even if not Spurs fans directly.

4. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Jermaine Jenas

The Sunderland one is excellent and much better than AoN but I’m glad that’s the case. I think Sunderland are a brickshow primarily because of that programme. I think we all feared AoN would be similar and we’d come out of it looking stupid.

I can’t imagine Levy being ridden like their chairman was for Will Grigg and if he does ever get boned like that, I don’t want to see it.

5. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

Thing is they got to film a club on a huge slope down and also one that does not have much of a brand to protect.

Win win for TV

DeanoAustin likes this.
  6. Raziel

Raziel Jimmy Neighbour

It would have been a complete disaster if it that hit during build (we had hundreds if not thousands of people working simultaneously to make the crazy timelines), in addition some of the finance rates were achieved because the economic outlook was very good compared to now.

I actually think we got lucky, Pool, United, Chelsea all have major work to do to their stadiums to compete (it's not just seat count, it's corporate facilities, multi-purpose capability, family friendly, etc.) and all of their projects are going to be delayed significantly (if they even take the financial risk)

The day "normal" returns, Spurs will be in a position to take advantage

7. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Les Ferdinand

8. Raziel

Raziel Jimmy Neighbour

Stolen from reddit .. funny

[​IMG]

mephitis, AdamB, SteveAWOL and 4 others like this.
  9. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Pedro Mendes

As i have said before....400% this.

The complications would have been ten fold.

We've locked in a great financial restructuring just in the nick of time, the stadium is tested and more than fit for purpose, the only downside is the doors are closed...as soon as they're open the golden goose has got 80 years of laying to do...nothing is changing that.

MKSpur, Robbo, DubSpur and 1 other person like this.
  10. MKSpur

MKSpur Vedran Corluka

Golden badger surely?

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  11. a spur from swansea

a spur from swansea Scott Parker

MKSpur and AdamB like this.
  12. Raziel

Raziel Jimmy Neighbour

The common theory -> insecurity, small penis, mid-life crisis, etc. etc.

Other thought -< Zahavian signal, I can choose to be wasteful exactly because I have so much more than others

Back to Levy

[​IMG]

13. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

14. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Steve Carr

What a window this has been.
    Levy has come up trumps. No especially long drawn out sagas. Mourinho's been given most of what he wants.
    There seems to be a great feeling within the camp.
    Things feel more optimistic than they have in a long while.
    Well done all involved.
    Now let's make it count. I for one am buzzing for the season to resume.

glasgowspur, spurrrr, Raziel and 15 others like this.
  15. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

He has done very well, lets hope it pays off going forward as we have signed some very good players. And I hope it stops the usual moaners who have kept slagging him off over the years. :p

Raziel and mephitis like this.
  16. mephitis

mephitis Ronnie Rosenthal

The general mood has lifted, like after the signings of Davids/Vand der Vart but 100 fold, and rightly so. We now have a squad of depth and players with a winning meteorology (right down to our supposed third choice keeper)

Full bottle of Tempranillo and several San Migs...................:cool:

17. mephitis

mephitis Ronnie Rosenthal

Apologies

18. metalgear

metalgear Jimmy McCormick

Levy and Jose have done well TOGETHER to get realistic signings ar practical prices.

Excellent because it wasn't pure moneyball transfers but also a smart glamour buy in reguillon and one for the romantic spurs fan in Bale.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

glasgowspur and Raziel like this.
  19. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Frederic Kanoute

The moaners are only likely to moan when there is something to moan about (like 18/19)

I think Levy has led a brilliant window for Spurs, the very best we have had under his stewardship I think.

AdamB, Robspur12, Bishop and 3 others like this.
  20. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

Unarguably the best window we've had in 20-odd years. It started promisingly enough by signing Hojbjerg early, before pre-season. Joe Hart was a sensible pickup, nothing majorly taxing. Doherty was an unexpected buy - a Premier League right-back in his prime for barely 12.5m doesn't happen often, and credit has to go to Levy and Mendes for that.

Reguilon and Bale, however, were the moment when *everything* clicked up a notch. The club was in a bad place mentally after the loss to Everton, and it looked like the ghosts of last season would come back to haunt us yet again. We badly needed some inspiration, from anywhere. And that was the moment that Levy delivered, and changed the window from a middling one into a magnificent one.

Vinicius was just an excellent value deal - try before you buy for the Liga NOS top scorer? Impossible not to like that deal, and another coup by Levy and Mendes. And, wrapping up, Rodon was a solid pickup - one of those value signings from the Championship that have ,historically, led to some of our best long-term outcomes, like with Walker and Alli. It also reinforces that CB pool a little bit and keeps Dier on his toes a bit more, although not as much as a Skriniar would have done.

If you tally up the pros of this window from a club standpoint, there are an enormous number.

• Mourinho looks as happy as he's been for a long time, and the club have clearly backed him with the tools he needs to deliver.
    • The team looks transformed from the shadow it was last season and against Everton, blowing opponents away even without Bale or Vinicius setting foot on the pitch yet.
    • The high-profile signings of Bale and Morgan kept the club in the news cycle for far longer than would have been the case with lesser signings - both here and in the US, where we've been trying to secure a commercial foothold for a while.
    • And, perhaps most appealingly of all - it was all done for a sensible net investment. Nothing crazy, no 100m spends, but extremely smart, decisive, quick work that resulted in a massively strengthened squad across all areas.

Could it have been better? Perhaps, in terms of bringing in a world-class center back. Could we have done a little more? Perhaps, especially sending some players out on loan or offloading them to make space.

But this window ranks as perhaps Levy's finest in all the time he's been at the club, and honestly I tip my hat to the man. Nothing else I can say, really - just very well done, and I'm happy as a kipper with the way this window turned out. :)

@parklane1 - it won't last long, so enjoy it while it does. :p

spurrrr, Raziel, AdamB and 12 others like this.