1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Howard Webb, 8 Feb 2012.

1. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Chris Perry

Yes, but in general, good, ready-made players cost more. That isn't in doubt, even as a significant percentage of them remain under/over-valued every year.

What is meant by 'buy expensive players' really boils down to buying largely ready-made, usually already-successful players - or players that are so obviously capable of being world-class that they are already highly sought-after across the football world.

It is not always the case that these players are expensive, but it is usually the case.

superfaisty likes this.
  2. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Milija Aleksic

Sorry I have been away in Canada with little coverage.

Well I think you will see a huge fringe cull, the likely lads such as Vorm, Llorente, Janssen etc will be out and clear alot of wages. Coming in not much in terms of names but from what I have been told they are serious and want to get their business done quick.

The main issue we have and this is my opinion, is once we start to show intent on names we are there to be shot at by clubs with more financial power, we have the funds to spend big this summer but not silly and that may be a stumble.

3. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Milija Aleksic

Cheers mate, the Redknapp one was worse and I was hounded as I would not give up my mate as source at the time as he was working at a TV channel and was told directly by Redknapps manager that a package for him to leave was on the table.

End of the day things can change but from what I have been told there is serious money to spend this summer, its just getting the business done.

4. Jon

Jon Mitchell Thomas

It’s a sad tale and one which maybe goes someway to explaining why so few kids these days are becoming ITKs when they grow up :(

5. milo

milo Vivian Woodward Staff Member

I think that there are still some in the lower leagues but the big PL clubs have got so used to bringing in the top ITKs from around the world that they have lost interest in giving a chance to the best young British talent.

Finney Is Back, MKSpur and Jon like this.
  6. Jon

Jon Mitchell Thomas

I’m surprised more ex players don’t take it up. They know the game inside out... Take their badges. etc

7. milo

People were quick to criticise Sherwood but he was always willing to give a young ITK a chance. A bit of information about a loan Swindon and if they proved themselves, they'd get a first team opportunity.

Finney Is Back and Jon like this.
  8. Jon

Jon Mitchell Thomas

I always feel it does a promising itk the power of good to spend a transfer window or two down in the lower leagues.

There they can really fine hone their trade.

Skills such as learning to spell incorrectly, or steadfastly refusing to assist the hapless reader by way of inserting any punctuation at all.

Also staying out late with the cones and putting in the hard yards on the practice pitch, repeating the phrases ‘don’t shoot the messenger’ ‘passed on in good faith’ and ‘things can change and they did’...

All of these efforts the readers rarely get to see, but they make a massive difference if the itk gets accidentally retweeted by the daily mirror and they then get their big opportunity to flimflam on the largest stages of them all.

9. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

Clearly tightening the purse strings ahead of a busy transfer window to be slumming it on the Tube with hoi polloi instead of being chauffeured everywhere...

spurspinter1 likes this.
  10. milo

[​IMG]

11. scaramanga

scaramanga Erik Thorstvedt Staff Member

I'm not more able than you to explain why he'd want to travel by peasant wagon. Maybe he's one of those weirdos who like to expose themselves to disease as they think it's a more natural way to immunise.

12. milo

Or realises that it is the quickest way of getting around London

Raziel and Finney Is Back like this.
  13. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Dean Richards

Prep for his autobiography.
    Dan "the Lev"Levy - Man of the People

14. scaramanga

scaramanga Erik Thorstvedt Staff Member

It would probably be even faster to float oneself down the sewer but there's a decent chance they'd have at least as much disease floating about as the tube.

Speed around London is a lot more marginal if one is a reasonably fast driver.

15. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Jimmy Neighbour

Last edited: 12 Jun 2019
  16. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Jimmy Neighbour

17. milo

18. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Spotting Levy on the tube was the social media craze of a few summers ago. It was to 2016 what Pokemon Go was to 2017

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SteveAWOL likes this.
  19. milo

brick shoes is something that I can join you in slaughtering him for @scaramanga

scaramanga likes this.
  20. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Radek Cerny

You’re all wrong a Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP is the fastest way around London