• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Sol Campbell committed the foul that led to the free kick from which Adams scored. And them he, Campbell, had the nerve to leave us on a free to them because he wanted to win stuff. Yep, when I think about that it really hacks me off as well so I try not to
I recall Judas getting injured near the half way line and being off the pitch whilst the Goons took a freekick. I said "they will score now" because Judas was winning everything in the air. And yeah, he then left on a free to win things. I don't hold it against him.

MUCH

Things like this are part of the history of our club and help form the background to rivalries with other clubs.
I understand that to those that may have been to young at the time to have lived through these events in our clubs history, they may not have the same significance as those that experienced them first hand, but that should not cheapen or diminish the importance of those events into shaping what our club is today.

tenor.gif

In a recent interview the stadium architect revealed (no shock here) that Daniel Levy has been his hardest / most demanding client ever.

“You might guess Daniel doesn’t work 9-5, he’s very much a 24-hour clock,” Lee told BBC Radio 5Live.

“I stopped travelling with him because he just never sleeps. I’m sure he sleeps two or three hours a night." Revealed Christoper Lee, architect.

He continued; “For the eight years I have been involved with him it has been seven days a week, Sunday mornings, late night Saturdays. He’s amazing, he is the most demanding client I have ever worked for, incredibly committed, incredibly involved in the project down to the smallest details you couldn’t possibly imagine."

"He’s interested in and has an opinion, wants to talk about and discuss. His mantra has been ‘Can we do this better?’

(London Evening Standard)

Sent from my SM-J600G using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

In a recent interview the stadium architect revealed (no shock here) that Daniel Levy has been his hardest / most demanding client ever.

“You might guess Daniel doesn’t work 9-5, he’s very much a 24-hour clock,” Lee told BBC Radio 5Live.

“I stopped travelling with him because he just never sleeps. I’m sure he sleeps two or three hours a night." Revealed Christoper Lee, architect.

He continued; “For the eight years I have been involved with him it has been seven days a week, Sunday mornings, late night Saturdays. He’s amazing, he is the most demanding client I have ever worked for, incredibly committed, incredibly involved in the project down to the smallest details you couldn’t possibly imagine."

(London Evening Standard)

Yeah, well, if the architect is the guy below, is it any wonder Levy did not want to sleep?

iu

You can blame the players all you want but if we do not make CL, Levy must take some responsibility for thinking if we go 2 transfer windows without spending any money everything will be alright. Maybe the final laugh will be on him.

Let's hope we get a win against Everton but the truth is without Son and Kane we struggle.

How ironic would it be if next season we were playing European football in our shiny new stadium on Thursday nights?

And if we do not make it you can guarantee that neither Toby or Eriksen will be hanging around

Last edited:
Absolutely. Then again, our injury record has been so bad. We wouldn't have expected to be without Lamela and Wanyama for most of the season. Nor have Kane and Dele missing for large chunks of it.

Again though this highlights the need for a massive rebuild. We have bought some dross over the last few years that Levy must accept a loss on in order to get them off the wage bill.

Absolutely. Then again, our injury record has been so bad. We wouldn't have expected to be without Lamela and Wanyama for most of the season. Nor have Kane and Dele missing for large chunks of it.

Again though this highlights the need for a massive rebuild. We have bought some dross over the last few years that Levy must accept a loss on in order to get them off the wage bill.

Lamela and Wanyama are walking injuries.

Kane gets at least 1 big injury a season and then you add on the World Cup affect.

It was obvious to most we would suffer.

You can blame the players all you want but if we do not make CL, Levy must take some responsibility for thinking if we go 2 transfer windows without spending any money everything will be alright. Maybe the final laugh will be on him.

Let's hope we get a win against Everton but the truth is without Son and Kane we struggle.

How ironic would it be if next season we were playing European football in our shiny new stadium on Thursday nights?

And if we do not make it you can guarantee that neither Toby or Eriksen will be hanging around

And you somehow know that Poch asked for signings and Levy refused?

Levy has to take responsibility here.

We finished ahead of Liverpool. They invested wisely and are challenging for the league.

Had we invested in even 1-2 players, we’d be in the CL by now. And this is where the “but stadium debt” argument has a massive hole.

If we miss out on CL, it’ll likely cost us more than 1-2 good players would have cost. Therefore, Levy’s failure to invest in the squad may ultimately cost us money.

We may still make it and, stupidly maybe, I still think we will. But what a fudging risk we’ve taken.

More importantly, the next 8 days will be hell for all of us.

Lamela and Wanyama are walking injuries.

Kane gets at least 1 big injury a season and then you add on the World Cup affect.

It was obvious to most we would suffer.

Yeah, it was obvious we would suffer if we did not strengthen and increase the quality of the squad

I guess if Poch needed more ammo to demand funds from Levy this summer, this capitulation might help. 2-3 extra players in the squad would make a world of difference

Levy has to take responsibility here.

We finished ahead of Liverpool. They invested wisely and are challenging for the league.

Had we invested in even 1-2 players, we’d be in the CL by now. And this is where the “but stadium debt” argument has a massive hole.

If we miss out on CL, it’ll likely cost us more than 1-2 good players would have cost. Therefore, Levy’s failure to invest in the squad may ultimately cost us money.

We may still make it and, stupidly maybe, I still think we will. But what a fudging risk we’ve taken.

More importantly, the next 8 days will be hell for all of us.

At least no wheel of doom for Europa league.

Back