1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Robbo, 19 Jul 2017.

1. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Trying to buy some but my bank has blocked crypto transactions (Lloyds)
    Having to go hoops with them to be able to, it's my money I do what I want with it

2. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Which company you trying to buy from?

Binance are cack.

3. markysimmo

Coinbase, brought some ETH, SHIB at a nice low price (I hope)

4. DTA

DTA Tim Sherwood

It don’t look pretty at the moment. I hope none of you are in Luna.

5. Robbo

Robbo Chris Perry

Wow, it's all falling like crazy now. I'm down probably 75% on my assets from about the same time last year. Is the bubble bursting?

6. markysimmo

I don't think it is, all the financial markets are the same too, a lot of people would have lost a lot of money in 2022
    I've brought more low and intend to keep on holding

Robbo likes this.
  7. Robbo

Robbo Chris Perry

I didn't know that all other financial markets are down too, but that makes sense. I will hold everything too, and consider whether I should invest a little more now - which coins are you buying?

8. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Jimmy Neighbour

I think there is an element of bubble burst and lack of faith though, I mean you have shares and you can actively gauge or look at something tangible which you can understand, in that I mean you can look at the performance of M&S and it will explain the performance of your investment, where as Cypto just seems like abit of an electronic complicated ponzi scheme, not literally of course but I feel there is a Fugazi about it. And with NFTs being peddled out and being told they are worthless people are just losing faith in my opinion

9. markysimmo

XRP and Shib

Robbo likes this.
  10. P.D.

P.D. Vedran Corluka

I think crypto just has crazy bull runs then long bear markets, obviously try and get out in the bull market and buy back in lower a few months later but you can still make a lot of money in it as long as you don't do anything dumb.

I lost a bit in Luna but reading stories of people losing millions, their whole portfolios and sadly a few suicides as well. To go from $80 to $0.0000005 in a week is just mental - can't get my head around it.

11. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

What was Luna ever used for? It had no intrinsic value, now its price reflects that. If it was useful to anyone it would have value.

In short, if something has no real use, any value it carries is based upon speculation only. If that is the case, when faith in it evaporates it falls apart. Maybe Bitcoin is here to stay, but even that is massively overvalued imo.

12. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Jimmy Neighbour

That my question, unless they are within everyday life and used for transactions what is the long term benefit?

SpurMeUp likes this.