1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by markysimmo, 27 Feb 2020.

1. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

If hospitals are overwhelmed, we all have to worry about it. Fall down stairs, get stabbed, heart attsck whatever. If you call an ambulance and it doesn't come. Or can't get in a&e, you're in trouble.

Especially if staff are testing positive and can't go to work. Cause they are isolating.

We need a rethink. About the difference of sick and testing positive.

glasgowspur likes this.
  2. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Or triaging. With tents in car parks for anti-vaxers, staffed by boy scouts with donated semi-used first aid kits

3. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

Not all of them…. Uptake of the booster was quite lackadaisical, it has really accelerated in the last few weeks. Trying to reduce the spread of the virus for a couple of weeks while getting another 10 million boosters done is a good idea.

4. Finney Is Back

Because PCRs are more accurate (especially for positive cases) but more expensive, take longer and are a little less accessible. The PCR can also allow sequencing to determine variant. False negatives are rare with LFTs so it makes sense for people to take initial tests with LFTs and then, if positive, confirm with a PCR.

5. Finney Is Back

We don’t yet know…. Hence why trying to slow it down somewhat is the sensible thing to do.

6. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

You want a lockdown.

7. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

So every variant, every couple of months do we do the same? Destroy the economy? Just in case?

Grays_1890 likes this.
  8. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Jimmy Neighbour

I'm generally talking from a non selfish POV because I'm not earning 70k salary because of the pandemic I just see a balance because of the worse case scenario theory is wrong we needlessly ruin people's lives and I understand the counter arguments to that I just feel we are all far too comfortable with people's jobs and general lives being ample collateral damage in all this.

monkeybarry likes this.
  9. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

The economy has to change too, the way people work is changing, the world is getting smaller and more automated, it’s only going one way.

10. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

So what just wipe out some pubs and that? Ruin peoples businesses. Because it has to change.
    New world order.

11. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

My mum volunteers in a food bank
    She is working with 2 ex doctors and they have told her to do 2 lateral flows rather than one as they can be so flakey

12. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Paul Stewart

If we lockdown then that says to me that there isn’t a long term plan beyond locking down every winter for the rest of our lives. I thought the goal at first was to suppress the virus until we had a vaccine in place? Well we’ve had the vaccine for a year now.

13. markysimmo

I agree, if we lockdown now even for 2 weeks to me it signifies that the vaccines just don't work and that was our supposed route to freedom

14. Grays_1890

We use them at work and follow up with a PCR if they are positive, from that respect they have been extremely accurate

15. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

I don't think we will. It's being pushed hard by parts of the media and people with their own agendas. But can't see people going along with it. It would be a continuous loop. With no end.

16. Grays_1890

Its amazing to me how quickly and easily people now accept things that have a huge negative impact on people. People so quick to shrug their shoulders and say "oh well, if people lose their jobs its no biggie"

glasgowspur likes this.
  17. markysimmo

If Boris comes out today and says no Xmas again I honestly think 90% of people in this country will simply ignore him
    People have complied for 20 months or so now whilst in the background the rich, famous and MP's have carried on doing what they like when they like
    The party-gate scandal is the straw that has broken the camels back and all trust has gone now

glasgowspur likes this.
  18. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Baleforce just wants his world without borders marxist paradise.

19. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

It is a biggie, but it’s not new, the race to city caused local pubs and shop to close 30 years ago, this isn’t a wholly new phenomenon.

Things change.

20. Grays_1890

It's not just pubs and shops where people are losing jobs though