• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

I don’t know much about him but isn’t he a ball playing CB? With what i have seen he can play out from the back and also come out with the ball.

Me neither. But I do love a good centre back who completely overplays it - Bunjevcevic, Foyth etc. Lots of joy in that spectacle.

Me neither. But I do love a good centre back who completely overplays it - Bunjevcevic, Foyth etc. Lots of joy in that spectacle.
He is exactly that kind of player
He would be decent centrally with Romero and maybe Dier okaying the holding roles of the 3 (Dier left)
What would bother me is he isn’t great in the air but is better than Torres
Saying that.., I didn’t see much if him last season so can’t comment on any recent playn

from that article he sounds like bentancur - classy, good control and an eye for a pass but loses the ball often.
CBs contributing to attack is the string we lack in our bow... so I welcome him and trust that Conte knows a thing or two about how to max out the potential of three CBs (great in defence, but its one less body in attack)/

from that article he sounds like bentancur - classy, good control and an eye for a pass but loses the ball often.
CBs contributing to attack is the string we lack in our bow... so I welcome him and trust that Conte knows a thing or two about how to max out the potential of three CBs (great in defence, but its one less body in attack)/

Not sure about loses the ball often. With the ball he's amazing. His passing is amazing as are his carries and creating chances. Not great at headers and not great on one on ones it seems.

https://fbref.com/en/players/4f28a6ff/scout/365_euro/Clement-Lenglet-Scouting-Report

I know it was a different era but Hoddle did well playing the sweeper role when he was player manager and defending wasnt his strongest suit.

Not sure about loses the ball often. With the ball he's amazing. His passing is amazing as are his carries and creating chances. Not great at headers and not great on one on ones it seems.

https://fbref.com/en/players/4f28a6ff/scout/365_euro/Clement-Lenglet-Scouting-Report

Agree that he's very good on the ball.

For defenders and other players mostly operating deep it's more about where and how you lose the ball than pass completion.

You can have a low pass completion, but rarely give the ball away dangerously if you just hoof it most of the time. You can have a really high pass completion, but play too risky and give it away dangerously too often.

I know Lenglet has been labelled as someone who makes too many individual errors.

He hasn't exactly been blessed with a string of managers who are excellent at putting together a defensively solid and well organised team during his time at Barca.

Different style role and formation, Conte who I think is really good at drilling a system into players. Coming here could see him revitalise his career. But of course there's also the chance that he'll be rather average and error prone. In that case we have Ben Davies.

A very annoying American voiceover, but explains Lenglet's story
If Monchi wanted him for years, he must be decent

Lovely stuff. Even if he isn’t as strong as Davies defensively, he could be very useful to use against teams that sit deep and let us have most of the ball, where we traditionally struggle to break teams down. Which will probably be over half the games. Him and Romero ball playing down either side, with our wingbacks pushing high up will be difficult to handle….

Lovely stuff. Even if he isn’t as strong as Davies defensively, he could be very useful to use against teams that sit deep and let us have most of the ball, where we traditionally struggle to break teams down. Which will probably be over half the games. Him and Romero ball playing down either side, with our wingbacks pushing high up will be difficult to handle….

yeah was thinking the same re playing against bus parkers - although with his long range passing it's potentially a useful trait when playing against sides that push up and we have space to exploit on the counter - i suppose it comes down to how comfortable he is being pressed in possession

So if this happens I am guessing that they don’t think pau is worth the money and they’d rather sit tight and see which lcb’s are available in 12 months.

Also I’d expect Bremer to sign this summer.

So if this happens I am guessing that they don’t think pau is worth the money and they’d rather sit tight and see which lcb’s are available in 12 months.

Also I’d expect Bremer to sign this summer.

Or we're going to loan out Tanganga and Rodon so looking to sign 2 CBs this summer. Lenglet could be coming in as cover for Dier and then we sign a LCB to compete with Davies

Back