• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clattenburg

Quite funny that this is also the guy that disallowed Pedro Mendes' goal from the half way line at Old Trafford.

But oh well, he's desperate for attention. It's all in the past now.

Quite funny that this is also the guy that disallowed Pedro Mendes' goal from the half way line at Old Trafford.

But oh well, he's desperate for attention. It's all in the past now.
Did he disallow it? I thought the linesman just never saw it go over.....

I have closely watched Clattenberg's performances when officiating in Spurs games since the Pedro Mendes non-goal at Old Trafford. From what I have seen he made a point of not showing any yellow cards in the first 20 minutes of a match and largely let anything go over this period with at best a quiet word for a serious foul. The number of cards shown would then increase dramatically over the last 20 minutes of a game. This approach is probably fine for low key matches but not for local derbies or games which will directly effect winning of trophies etc.

In my view, had Clattenberg been stronger in the first half an hour of the Chelsea match and shown cards to Costa, Cahill, Fabregas etc., the game would have turned out very differently. From what I remember Costa could easily have been sent off before half time and with Spurs 2-0 up by then it would have been difficult for Chelsea to come back. I don't think Clattenberg has anything to be proud of the way he officiated the game and was surprised that he was so easily given major games later in the year following his performance that day.

Fair enough if his point is that he was conscious of the profile of the game, and that he didn't want the quality of refereeing decisions to be perceived as having an influence on the title.

However, he also had an opportunity, and failed to get control of the game before it boiled over. He lost control, and didn't protect the players on either side.

If he actually does a good job, then maybe Spurs win, but are still out of the title race a week later.

Surely the job of the referee is to enforce the law and in doing so set the correct tone early on in a game, no matter how big the game. With what was at stake plus the fact it was a local derby what was he thinking? Total plank.

The weird thing is, that even if these comments don't serve him well, I guess he was kinda helping us out?? Undeniable that we lost the plot that evening, and should've at least had one red of not more. So his "style of refereeing" as he calls it, probably did help us and indeed kept the headlines from being about him.

However, had one of those supposed red-card players gone on to score a winner for us in the dining seconds, then you can guarantee Clattenburg never publicises these comments!

Poor Clatters needs a little press exposure. And yet another example of how screwed up that season was between Leicester having tremendous spirit and tremendous luck and everyone else wanting us to not ruin their beautiful racist-orgy inspired title win.

I have closely watched Clattenberg's performances when officiating in Spurs games since the Pedro Mendes non-goal at Old Trafford. From what I have seen he made a point of not showing any yellow cards in the first 20 minutes of a match and largely let anything go over this period with at best a quiet word for a serious foul. The number of cards shown would then increase dramatically over the last 20 minutes of a game. This approach is probably fine for low key matches but not for local derbies or games which will directly effect winning of trophies etc.

In my view, had Clattenberg been stronger in the first half an hour of the Chelsea match and shown cards to Costa, Cahill, Fabregas etc., the game would have turned out very differently. From what I remember Costa could easily have been sent off before half time and with Spurs 2-0 up by then it would have been difficult for Chelsea to come back. I don't think Clattenberg has anything to be proud of the way he officiated the game and was surprised that he was so easily given major games later in the year following his performance that day.

On. The. Money.
He FAILED to do his job, plain and simple.
Poch should use this for siege mentality the rest of the season (everyone against us)...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Fair enough if his point is that he was conscious of the profile of the game, and that he didn't want the quality of refereeing decisions to be perceived as having an influence on the title.

However, he also had an opportunity, and failed to get control of the game before it boiled over. He lost control, and didn't protect the players on either side.

If he actually does a good job, then maybe Spurs win, but are still out of the title race a week later.

You ref the game the game the same whether Havant & Waterlooville v Chippenham (?) or this match. He is a giant arsehole and equally full of brick!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back