• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

At least some pundit tell it as it is. Well done Mr Sutton.

Jose Mourinho: Manchester United boss 'behaving like a big baby' says Chris Sutton

Jose Mourinho has behaved "like a big baby" and Manchester United will only improve under a different manager, says Premier League winner Chris Sutton.

Mourinho's United lost 3-1 to derby rivals Emirates Marketing Project on Sunday, leaving them eighth in the table.

After the match, he said City had benefited from playing two "friendly" matches beforehand, while United were "fatigued" after beating Juventus.

Sutton said those comments were "disrespectful" and "utter rubbish".

City beat Southampton 6-1 in the league and Shakhtar Donetsk 6-0 in the Champions League before playing United, who defeated Bournemouth 2-1 and beat Juve by the same scoreline.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 live's Monday Night Club, former Blackburn and Celtic striker Sutton added: "United were outclassed. It was like watching Manchester versus Manchester reserves.

link below
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46188419

Jose kicking off the Black Friday sales early today. To be fair I actually agree with him, poor man management though.

Mourinho: "Luke Shaw, he's got big potential but doesn't know how to behave. Big potential, yes, big potential."

Mourinho: "We're talking about Luke Shaw, Martial, Lingard, Rashford - young, big potential, but at the end of the day it results in the word I cannot say, but you use it a lot here. Character, personality, they lack a little."

Mourinho: "They are spoilt kids now, the kids of today have a different life, an easier environment and i'm talking about the people around the players."

Mourinho: "They (young players) are lacking maturity - and let me be clear when I say maturity, I mean maturity on a personal level."

Excellent stuff from Sourness. He really put Neville on the spot and he didn't want to say they are not getting the best out of the players or that the players aren't good enough. After much pushing he admitted De Gea was not at his best and was prepared to say they are getting the best from Young. I'm not sure what he was saying about Smalling.

Incidentally, I did really mean to write Souness, but can't bring myself correct the slip.

Gary Neville let himself down as a serious analyst there. Is he really unsure whether Lukaku is playing like a £50m striker or if Pogba is playing like a £90m player? He's either blinded by his being a fan or being political, neither of which make a good analyst.

He's biased. He knows it, and doesnt hide it, which I can respect.

He is a Man U man through and through, and couldnt bring himself to admit Souness was right.

Which he was. I do love how Souness really nailed him for it

Mourinho puts his man-management skills on display again:

José Mourinho says Manchester United’s Rashford, Martial, Shaw and Lingard lack the character to compete

The Manchester United manager singled out Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford during an eye-opening interview with Hristo Stoichkov, the former Bulgaria striker, for Univision, the American Spanish-language television station.

Mourinho first spoke about his initial struggles with Shaw, who has since gone on to become a consistent performer for United and England.

“When we talk about Luke Shaw, Martial, Lingard, Marcus Rashford, we’re talking about young lads of great potential but who are still missing a word that I can’t use but you like to use,” Mourinho said. “They are missing a bit of that.”

When Stoichkov, who knows Mourinho from their time together at Barcelona, replied: “Character to compete?” Mourinho nodded his head before saying: “Character, personality, as they say in Spain as well, bad blood, that natural aggression that you [Stoichkov] had.”

It is not the first time that Mourinho has questioned the character of his players. He has had several run-ins with Shaw and Martial, although both are at the top of their game now. Rashford and Lingard had until now escaped criticism from Mourinho but it is understood that the latter is unperturbed by his manager’s comments in the Univision interview, which United say was recorded six weeks ago at the club’s Carrington training ground.

Earlier in the interview, Mourinho claimed that some of his players were not grown up enough to handle the pressures of modern football. When Stoichkov, the former Bulgaria forward, asked Mourinho what the young “diamonds” in his squad were lacking, his answer was frank. “They are lacking maturity,” Mourinho said.

“When I say maturity, I mean on a personal level. We [Mourinho and Stoichkov] were more like men. We were more mature. We were more prepared for life. We were less protected.

“In English they call it ‘spoilt’, ‘spoilt kids’. Today we all speak about spoilt kids. Our kids are more spoilt than we were by our parents. For young people now, it’s a different life on a social level.”

He really doesn't seem to like younger players. He is reluctant to play them and then criticises them when he does. It's a bit cowardly as he knows the older players like Pogba will respond.

The comment about his own maturity is funny.

How many of his player are, Young and De Gea excepted? He has a lot of expensive signings who are not producing what you would expect of them given the prices. You are left to conclude that they are all lazy cvnts, the clubs bought complete duds, or the manager is't delivering.

One of the overpriced duds won a world cup recently.

Back