1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

cars

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by StephenH, 27 Sep 2017.

1. StephenH

StephenH David Ginola

I did this reply once and then deleted it!

Sensors £500 for both and I’ll keep the BM tilL next summer, it does go well and does a job and is built like a brick out house! (But more comfortable)
    Like the look of the Audi so the wife says to add it our list, ta for that!

What’s the MPG on your new baby?

2. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Check out wow cars website. Could provide you with a baseline price below the asking price, and give you different offers from different dealerships.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

3. StephenH

StephenH David Ginola

Carwow.co.uk you mean?

Last edited: 4 Oct 2017
    SpurMeUp likes this.
  4. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

Just keep pushing them down and then walk away when they're upset. Then go back the next day and do it again. They should not look happy, they should not shoot out their hand to seal the deal, they should go and see their boss to see if it is acceptable and then come back and say it's not and then you walk away, then you get them to throw in some free services, some warranty, full tank, mats, then reach out to shake their hand but then withdraw and say "if you throw in a Bose sound system we have a deal" or whatever it is you want. Just always be prepared to walk away. Oh, and say that you might try their dealership in Basingstoke (or whatever) and that will annoy them :)

5. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Scott Parker

Here’s something I only found out recently, dealers are marked up on how many out of area sales they make and marked down on sales they loose to out of area dealers.

6. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Yes! The offers you will get on there are probably not as low as you can squeeze them, but at least it will give you an idea on where they can stretch to, and which dealers are interested in offering keen prices.

StephenH likes this.
  7. StephenH

StephenH David Ginola

Its a good starting point.
    It is the first thing I did.

SpurMeUp likes this.
  8. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

How did it go? Were you able to get the prices down further?

9. StephenH

StephenH David Ginola

I'm postponing my purchase till next summer for hassle reasons due to my specific situation, see beginning of the thread. I know what I want so I'm getting my my current car sorted on monday (fingers crossed).
    The Golf Estate 1.5 DSG SE was around £2.5k cheaper on carwow. Thats without any bartering which I personally enjoy.

SpurMeUp likes this.
  10. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

The best place to learn is in the markets and souks of Egypt etc. If you can cut it with them, you'll be fine with any English car salesman :) The people selling wears in these countries do it every day and their livelihood depends on being good at it! As Scara mentioned, don't name your price until you have pushed them lower and lower. :)

11. DTA

DTA Tim Sherwood

This is probably the best advice yet on this thread. My uncle was a car salesman then area manger etc... And it's pretty much the same advice he gave me.

12. scaramanga

scaramanga Mel Hopkins Staff Member

Does anyone own a car that has tyre valves that only work with screw-on pumps?

If I try to fill up from a petrol station air pump, it just tinkles out air all over the place. Borrowed a 12V pump with a screw on tip and it works fine. Problem is they take ages.

Anyone know of an adaptor that can screw onto my tyre valves so I can just push on the petrol station pumps? Obviously tried google but I don't even know what I'm searching for.

13. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

I used to have that adapter as we had a buggy with those valves, I'll check my amazon purchase history

14. Baleforce

it was something like this, might not be exactly what you mean though?

15. scaramanga

Thanks. So one end screws on to the valve and the other just has a push fit from the petrol station pump?

16. StephenH

StephenH David Ginola

Getting ready to change already?. "I love to keep it dear but the tyre valves are wrong!" Thats a new one.;)

Kandi1977 and scaramanga like this.
  17. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Scott Parker

I'm surprised you need to do this for the Maserati, when I had an RS6 I regularly used to see young men from Audi checking my wheels and tyres, usually they did this at night, but every time I went to thank them they would run away, I would have thought Maserati would have provided the same service

18. Baleforce

yeah

scaramanga likes this.
  19. scaramanga

:D
    I actually only found out because I was told that there's a different pressure required for "high speed motoring". They wouldn't define high speed but I am planning to find out what she can do this weekend.

20. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Scott Parker

We always used to run nitrogen filled tyres for racing, it's the moisture in the air that expands when your tyre gets hot at high speed and can (if your generating enough heat) increases the tyre pressures to dangerous levels
    Nitrogen doesn't suffer from this as much because the nitrogen molecules are bigger so you loose less "air" out of the tyre through osmosis

Sent from my SM-G950F using Fapatalk

scaramanga likes this.