• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CANCELLED ***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leyton Orient***

I get that, and obviously it's not our fault that their team has got the virus (or is it....) but equally it's not Orient's fault we have a packed schedule and can't fit in a rescheduled date

If Orient say they simply can;t field a team then fair enough but surely they should be given the option of getting a team together somehow, even they have to find a scratch XI in the Bakers Arms (used to be my local)

I agree that the team should go ahead if they can get a team together, I don't think that anyone is suggesting otherwise

I agree that the team should go ahead if they can get a team together, I don't think that anyone is suggesting otherwise
My understanding is there are plenty suggesting otherwise but it's possible I'm wrong. My wife often implies this is the case

Such a dangerous precedent to simply award the tie to us, I'm sure the clubs and EFL will do everything they can to ensure a game goes ahead somewhere

It’s literally in the rules. It’s happened in the FA cup already this season due to non league clubs having positive tests. Unfortunately it’s going to happen and with a tight schedule not much you can do.

5 Non-fulfilment of Fixtures

5.1 A Club which is unable to fulfil its obligation to complete a Competition match in Round One to (and including) Round Four due to either:

5.1.1 that Club’s Player(s) having returned a positive CAT result and self-isolating in accordance with the action plan set out in the Return to Play/Return to Training Protocols resulting in the Club not having a sufficient number of Players to fulfil the fixture; or

5.1.2 any requirements or directions of the UK Government and/or by any public authority,

shall forfeit the fixture, pay the opposing Club’s expenses in accordance with Rule 5.8 and the opposing team shall receive a bye into the next round of the Competition.

Ok, so we get the bye and let them off expenses, everybody wins.

Ignoring the fact it keeps us in the fudging waste of time competition of course.

If we get knocked out of EL before the group stage we'll have dates free. We may be permitted a game in the international break .

Not happy with flogging our international players to death, I've just seen that in the upcoming international break England have THREE games! Wales on the Thurs in a friendly, Belgium on the Sun (Nations League) and then Denmark on the WEd (Nations League)

The Nations League is utterly pointless and was meant to replace friendlies...and now they arrange friendlies as well!

No doubt Kane will play every minute of all 3 games

So there is a rule in place to cover such occurances, but it can be just ignored then. Why have rules?

Perhaps its a nuance? He says it 'can' be scheduled - perhaps it could be rescheduled but only if we agree, but if not then we get a walk-over?

I’d imagine this would have been called of and spurs awarded the tie if this wasn’t on Sky. Also possible in negotiations with Chelsea to if they would be happy player an extra game during A Champions league week or playing 4th round during international break.

personally i would prefer it was rescheduled even if it does make things a bit more tricky for us. Games like this is the lifeblood for clubs like Leyton, tv money etc and i hate seeing small clubs getting into trouble financially. We also seem to have some good connections with LO, with Kane sponsoring them etc.

Back