1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

CANCELLED ***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leyton Orient***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by LutonSpurs, 21 Sep 2020.

1. milo

milo Bert Bliss Staff Member

I agree that the team should go ahead if they can get a team together, I don't think that anyone is suggesting otherwise

2. milo

Lee Valley?

3. treepits

treepits Paul Moran

My understanding is there are plenty suggesting otherwise but it's possible I'm wrong. My wife often implies this is the case

4. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

Two weeks??? Try next week I think

5. milo

You're right.

6. tw12yid

tw12yid Ben Thatcher

It’s non-figuratively in the rules. It’s happened in the FA cup already this season due to non league clubs having positive tests. Unfortunately it’s going to happen and with a tight schedule not much you can do.

5 Non-fulfilment of Fixtures

5.1 A Club which is unable to fulfil its obligation to complete a Competition match in Round One to (and including) Round Four due to either:

5.1.1 that Club’s Player(s) having returned a positive CAT result and self-isolating in accordance with the action plan set out in the Return to Play/Return to Training Protocols resulting in the Club not having a sufficient number of Players to fulfil the fixture; or

5.1.2 any requirements or directions of the UK Government and/or by any public authority,

shall forfeit the fixture, pay the opposing Club’s expenses in accordance with Rule 5.8 and the opposing team shall receive a bye into the next round of the Competition.

7. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

Ok, so we get the bye and let them off expenses, everybody wins.

Ignoring the fact it keeps us in the fudging waste of time competition of course.

8. milo

Daisuk likes this.
  9. AdamB

AdamB Nayim

Not sure how that works given it needs to be pushed back beyond next week - would mean that we're two rounds behind, and with Europa league games in Oct and Nov, you create more and more problems

10. Whiffler

Whiffler Milija Aleksic

If we get knocked out of EL before the group stage we'll have dates free. We may be permitted a game in the international break .

11. metalgear

metalgear Jimmy McCormick

Postponement is fair... Provided both teams agree schedule and the rest of the competition can wait.

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

12. AdamB

AdamB Nayim

Not happy with flogging our international players to death, I've just seen that in the upcoming international break England have THREE games! Wales on the Thurs in a friendly, Belgium on the Sun (Nations League) and then Denmark on the WEd (Nations League)

The Nations League is utterly pointless and was meant to replace friendlies...and now they arrange friendlies as well!

No doubt Kane will play every minute of all 3 games

Baleforce likes this.
  13. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

We have to start pulling our players out

Baleforce, LemonadeMoney and Robbo like this.
  14. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Vic Buckingham

So there is a rule in place to cover such occurances, but it can be just ignored then. Why have rules?

15. AdamB

AdamB Nayim

Perhaps its a nuance? He says it 'can' be scheduled - perhaps it could be rescheduled but only if we agree, but if not then we get a walk-over?

16. tw12yid

tw12yid Ben Thatcher

I’d imagine this would have been called of and spurs awarded the tie if this wasn’t on Sky. Also possible in negotiations with Chelsea to if they would be happy player an extra game during A Champions league week or playing 4th round during international break.

17. demotw

demotw Ryan Nelsen

personally i would prefer it was rescheduled even if it does make things a bit more tricky for us. Games like this is the lifeblood for clubs like Leyton, tv money etc and i hate seeing small clubs getting into trouble financially. We also seem to have some good connections with LO, with Kane sponsoring them etc.

18. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

I think it should be rescheduled now as their owner has the same surname as me
    fudge the players

19. mephitis

mephitis Ronnie Rosenthal

^^^^^^^^^^This

20. mephitis

mephitis Ronnie Rosenthal

This. Not Bedford :rolleyes: