1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Callum Wilson and David Brooks.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by spursfan1976, 1 Aug 2020 at 10:27 AM.

1. spursfan1976

spursfan1976 Moussa Saib

2. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

It's a bit like a slightly less sexy "CAVANI and KJAER DOUBLE SWOOOP IMPENDING ACCORDING TO NAPOLI PRESIDENT" after that world cup...

But having said that both moves make sense* if a good deal could be worked out, maybe they'd even take a couple of younger players ready for a lot of games in the championship.

*My only worry is if Wilson's injury problems caught up with him a bit this season but fingers crossed he'd come back fighting fit + it's not like we'd be initially desperate for him so he'd have time for a proper pre season.

Edit - Also just to say, Brooks seems like a cracking prospect, would love to see if he'd step it up alongside a realistically higher level calibre of player around him.

3. Jon

Jon Frederic Kanoute

Wilson is apparently on £110k a week. So that would seem a lot for us to spend on a backup striker.

4. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back John Lacy

We were probably paying Llorente something not too far off of that.

MKSpur likes this.
  5. Jon

Jon Frederic Kanoute

We were paying him more. And that’s not a good investment, post stadium, and in covid world.

Josh King is on less and is available, and is less injury prone. Troy Deeney also an option.

6. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Christian Ziege

Fixed. I remember that glorious rumor - after qualifying for the CL, it made for a great few weeks of dreaming. At the time, Cavani wasn't a striker - sort of an aggressive, high-pressing right winger. Which was, to my eyes, perfect for what we needed - and Kjaer was exactly the sort of centre-back we could have used.

We never did get either, of course. But it was good to dream for a while.

spurspinter1 likes this.
  7. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Having knee surgery so would rule him out

8. Jon

Jon Frederic Kanoute

Yeah, just heard that. Shame. Reckon he’d have been awesome to throw on against arsenal!

DTA likes this.
  9. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

They hate him and he really hates them haha

10. Jon

Jon Frederic Kanoute

I love how much they wet their pants when playing against him!

11. milo

milo Fanny Walden Staff Member

Or it forces down his price

12. Jon

Jon Frederic Kanoute

Not really, as there always a West Ham around stupid enough to pay it and “get bragging rights over Tottenham”!

Gazza likes this.
  13. milo

milo Fanny Walden Staff Member

Let's see. I'm sure that'll be the approach that Levy takes, if we're interested

14. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Erik Thorstvedt

With Howe gone... playerA will be next

15. Jon

Jon Frederic Kanoute

It’ll need to be reduced fee (based on his knees if nothing else!) and then he’ll need to accept less Per week as well.

I can’t see us paying £110k+, for a back up player. The knock on effect to the rest of the squad would cause issues.

StephenH likes this.
  16. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Teemu Tainio

I dont really want Callum. David perhaps but def not Callum.

17. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Neil Ruddock

I know the game is all about having a squad but Brooks is a similar player to Dele. Well, a similar player to what Dele has become. Not the Dele that used to play up higher and make a mockery of the numbers Mason Mount is being praised for this season.

Slight tangent there but as with Eze, the Brooks area of the pitch is seemingly less of a priority.

18. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf George Hunt

David Brooks please. Local boy for us in Warrington. Went to the school my wife works at, she told him a few years back he should sign for Spurs when he gets older. I think he would do well for us

milo likes this.
  19. AdamB

AdamB Steffen Freund

I'm not sure I see that. Brooks to me is more like James Madison or Jack Grealish than Dele - more of a dribbler. Agree though that its a lower priority area, unless we ship some out like Lamela

20. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

Getting Brooks in for Lamela alongside some kind of CF backup / option would put us in a really strong place attacking wise, a lot of different ways to shape up given GLC and Dele's flexibility.

I think Brooks' future lies in sort of no 10 role similar to a certain Dane not so long gone but he's also happy cutting in from that right side too. I guess it's down to whether Jose likes him and whether we can figure out a deal as always..

MKSpur and Bedfordspurs like this.