• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Buy the dip.

For a year or so yes but no point investing if you're doing it for a year, should be 5 years minimum really.
If you're not getting the dividends ( and the magical compounding effect of them) the only reason to jump in now is price value for capital gain and at 5700/5800...that's just not enough. The affects/issues/fallout from this is all encompassing. 2008 was a tiddler in comparison.

Easily see low 4's between now and Xmas.

If you're not getting the dividends ( and the magical compounding effect of them) the only reason to jump in now is price value for capital gain and at 5700/5800...that's just not enough. The affects/issues/fallout from this is all encompassing. 2008 was a tiddler in comparison.

Easily see low 4's between now and Xmas.

They are still 20% down on their recent highs, some companies are still paying dividends (L&G, Tesco etc).

I personally don't see low 4's coming but then again if I could predict things properly I'd be a heck of a lot richer:)

Free oil is you want it :)

in fact, they're so desperate for somewhere to store it they'll actually pay you to take it. The price is below zero

Crazy times

So silly question as this isn’t my game, surely if you dumped money into oil now it’s going to go up over a year and therefore pay out big? Or not??

So silly question as this isn’t my game, surely if you dumped money into oil now it’s going to go up over a year and therefore pay out big? Or not??
Front month futures go off the board today I believe, 2nd month futures are trading at a spread of about -55, e.g. 55 more expensive than the front month.

If you had an old disused petrol station or silo then you could make a killing buying the spot today, do you? If so, let’s talk!

Front month futures go off the board today I believe, 2nd month futures are trading at a spread of about -55, e.g. 55 more expensive than the front month.

If you had an old disused petrol station or silo then you could make a killing buying the spot today, do you? If so, let’s talk!

My Uncle has a Silo on his farm

In essence you're right BUT yesterday's negative prices are because of circumstance of the futures roll over date.

Brent was still trading at 28? For instance.

That said as long as demand returns (and we're not seeing a life long transformation in the way we travel etc) it's safe to say oil will be back up at some point in the 60/80 dollar range. Gaining exposure is tricky though and you need to know what you're doing.

In essence you're right BUT yesterday's negative prices are because of circumstance of the futures roll over date.

Brent was still trading at 28? For instance.

That said as long as demand returns (and we're not seeing a life long transformation in the way we travel etc) it's safe to say oil will be back up at some point in the 60/80 dollar range. Gaining exposure is tricky though and you need to know what you're doing.

Would it be safer just buying shares in Chevron for example?

Back