• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bud Rot

greatwhitenorf

Vedran Corluka
Absolutely heartbroken to go out to my garden shed, where six beautiful, buxom cannabis plants were hanging to dry, and see four of them with the big top buds covered in fine white hairs.

It's mold. After a spectacular growing season that produced gorgeous fragrant, sticky big buds, most of them had to be trashed. You don't wanna be smoking that stuff, even if the cannabis is first rate. And, as late summer samples showed, it certainly was. We had primo plants for both sativa and indica strains.

The shed is cool, dry and not particularly windproof, so, ideal for drying herb superb. Did the exact same thing last fall and had wonderful results. No idea what went wrong this year. Ah well, managed to salvage the buds from the two healthy plants. Looked them over closely with an 8X magnifying loupe before snipping and storing in glass mason jars.

I've put the moldy weed into a garbage bag and will try to make good use of it. I'm thinking that I might spice up some bait to trap and remove the over-abundant and intrusive squirrels over-populating the trees in our back garden and that of the neighbours. Seriously, they're little more than big, flea-infested rats with a good public relations profile.

Cook it a bit with a big batch of peanuts to activate the THC and make the nuts a potent treat. Then watch the squirrels dive in to free food - they're stocking up for the coming winter weather - then hopefully fall off the branches when they get too high. Scoop 'em up and chuck 'em in the river.

We hatesss the nasty ssquirrelsss.

Absolutely heartbroken to go out to my garden shed, where six beautiful, buxom cannabis plants were hanging to dry, and see four of them with the big top buds covered in fine white hairs.

It's mold. After a spectacular growing season that produced gorgeous fragrant, sticky big buds, most of them had to be trashed. You don't wanna be smoking that stuff, even if the cannabis is first rate. And, as late summer samples showed, it certainly was. We had primo plants for both sativa and indica strains.

The shed is cool, dry and not particularly windproof, so, ideal for drying herb superb. Did the exact same thing last fall and had wonderful results. No idea what went wrong this year. Ah well, managed to salvage the buds from the two healthy plants. Looked them over closely with an 8X magnifying loupe before snipping and storing in glass mason jars.

I've put the moldy weed into a garbage bag and will try to make good use of it. I'm thinking that I might spice up some bait to trap and remove the over-abundant and intrusive squirrels over-populating the trees in our back garden and that of the neighbours. Seriously, they're little more than big, flea-infested rats with a good public relations profile.

Cook it a bit with a big batch of peanuts to activate the THC and make the nuts a potent treat. Then watch the squirrels dive in to free food - they're stocking up for the coming winter weather - then hopefully fall off the branches when they get too high. Scoop 'em up and chuck 'em in the river.

I'm considering shifting this post to the sick, sick people thread.....

Have you ever considered that buying from a dealer might be a lot less hassle; and that it would free up a lot more of your time (presumably to watch brick TV, and go to the 24 hour garage for munchies)? :D

My wife won't let me buy a shootin' iron.

Have you ever considered that buying from a dealer might be a lot less hassle; and that it would free up a lot more of your time (presumably to watch brick TV, and go to the 24 hour garage for munchies)? :D

No. Like my veggie garden that provides good food, I've grown great weed for years.

Now that weed's been legal here the past 2-3 years, there's cannabis retailers everywhere. A lot of what we've sampled from those outlets is improperly cured, poorly packaged and overpriced. The market needs better production control and regulation.

We saw the effect of that this summer as a large commercial cannabis operation in the Hamlet of Zephyr shut down. Rows of long greenhouses, opened up on the ends to keep air moving. If we drove by with the windows or sunroof open, we'd get a heady whiff of tangy terpene aromas wafting out of there. Smelled great. Joked with Mrs. Norf about applying for work there.

But this summer, no tangy aromas. Place sat idle. Wasn't making a big enough profit to grow the stuff because the market sucked. Maybe there's more home growers out there than I thought. Last year, our big Green Cush sativa plants had seeds develop in some of the lower buds. We harvested about 100 big seeds and got two buxom female plants from a few we cultivated last spring. Hated to lose those. We'll grow more next year.

Any pics of the finished product mate.

Also realistically, UK folk, are we going to have legalisation any time soon?

No. Both main parties have legalisation advocates in their bases, but they wouldn’t gain any new voters by espousing the cause, and they’d look soft on crime if they did. Making life easier for frontline cops and care workers and the criminal justice system doesn’t win votes, either.

No. Both main parties have legalisation advocates in their bases, but they wouldn’t gain any new voters by espousing the cause, and they’d look soft on crime if they did. Making life easier for frontline cops and care workers and the criminal justice system doesn’t win votes, either.

Spot on. Think it will be another decade before we see it in the Uk. Surprised as I’d of thought they’d be all over the extra tax revenue.

I find it nuts but I get there will be zero appetite for this as it won't win votes. It is more or less decriminalised now as possession doesn't seem to bother cops. The taxes being missed out on are crazy though.

I do think the stronger stuff and it's link to psychosis are worth thinking about. There's decent studies which show strong correlation. Maybe low THC stuff could be sneakily allowed in to start with as a test.

I find it nuts but I get there will be zero appetite for this as it won't win votes. It is more or less decriminalised now as possession doesn't seem to bother cops. The taxes being missed out on are crazy though.

I do think the stronger stuff and it's link to psychosis are worth thinking about. There's decent studies which show strong correlation. Maybe low THC stuff could be sneakily allowed in to start with as a test.
100%.The high THC does seem to affect some in the wrong way. I can’t smoke that mad stuff anymore on the rare occasion I do partake. Need a nice THC/CBD balance and it feels like that nice relaxed stoned feeling. With regulation and control you could find decent stuff and know roughly what you are getting into when you buy it.

Same could be said for most drugs regulation brings quality control , revenue and the removal of the criminal element to an extent.

Germany decided to legalize cannabis yesterday - I reckon a lot of European countries will look closely on how it goes there. There aren't a lot of good arguments left to not legalize if you look to Colorado or California, for instance. They're funding all kinds of things over there with just the tax they're getting from cannabis sales. There's said to be a relatively small increase in adult users (to be expected), and a relatively small increase in fatal car crashes where they've found cannabis in the blood of the driver (but where they haven't been able to decide whether or not they've been intoxicated while driving). I think we'll inevitably see it all across Europe, there's simply too much money in it, and the remaining arguments against a legalization are purely based on some weird old Christian moral of abstinence. The police here in Norway's prime argument is that if they can no longer frisk people on the suspicion of carrying drugs, they're gonna miss out on a lot of other criminal activity! Haha. Such a ridiculous argument. It seems as though they want to keep it criminal as it keeps a whole lot of them in the job - without any drug catching to do, there's too much time left for catching actual criminals. The war on drugs has failed, massively, and it's time to do something that actually works.

@greatwhitenorf - damn! That sucks. Would also love to see some pics of the surviving buds.

The studies that I have seen have pointed out a link between cannabis and psychosis in people that are already predisposed for psychosis/schizofrenia (meaning, as far as I have understood it, you're getting your first psychotic episode earlier than you would've if you didn't smoke cannabis). If you're not predisposed for it, you won't develop a psychosis from smoking cannabis.

Having said that, I don't think cannabis is for everyone - and you'll have lots of people who will get smoke way too much it (I mean, they exist already), just as you have people that drink way too much alcohol. I've found vaping cannabis to be a much milder more controllable form of taking it in rather than smoking it - haven't had a single unpleasant experience ever since I started vaping instead of smoking.

The studies that I have seen have pointed out a link between cannabis and psychosis in people that are already predisposed for psychosis/schizofrenia (meaning, as far as I have understood it, you're getting your first psychotic episode earlier than you would've if you didn't smoke cannabis). If you're not predisposed for it, you won't develop a psychosis from smoking cannabis.

Having said that, I don't think cannabis is for everyone - and you'll have lots of people who will get smoke way too much it (I mean, they exist already), just as you have people that drink way too much alcohol. I've found vaping cannabis to be a much milder more controllable form of taking it in rather than smoking it - haven't had a single unpleasant experience ever since I started vaping instead of smoking.

There is a massive difference between ‘bush’ and hash from the last millennium and the hybrid Skunk etc strains which have been breed for potency. As @LutonSpurs outlines the hybrid strains have a different chemical makeup. They lose some of the chilled relaxed CBD chemicals and massively intensify the THC trippy psychoactive chemicals.

The impacts of the state giving harder drug to addicts is even more profound. Most petty crime is drug related. Places like Portugal and Switzerland wouldn’t go back. They control the drugs, can help more, and give addicts some dignity so they don’t have to steal and live a marginal existence.

There is a massive difference between ‘bush’ and hash from the last millennium and the hybrid Skunk etc strains which have been breed for potency. As @LutonSpurs outlines the hybrid strains have a different chemical makeup. They lose some of the chilled relaxed CBD chemicals and massively intensify the THC trippy psychoactive chemicals.

The impacts of the state giving harder drug to addicts is even more profound. Most petty crime is drug related. Places like Portugal and Switzerland wouldn’t go back. They control the drugs, can help more, and give addicts some dignity so they don’t have to steal and live a marginal existence.

Yep, don't disagree with any of that. The UN recently had this to say on the matter:

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/11/1104552

So we're getting there. The way we're hounding drug users about here in Norway is a disgrace, and one day in the not too distant future I think society as a whole will look back and shake our heads in disbelief in how we've been handling it for the past 50-60 years.

I've totally given up myself as I have alot of anxiety as it is and it wasn't good for me. But like most things in moderation it's fine. I'd love some standard hash or weed but all you get is mind numbing skunk and it's not actually much fun.

I've totally given up myself as I have alot of anxiety as it is and it wasn't good for me. But like most things in moderation it's fine. I'd love some standard hash or weed but all you get is mind numbing skunk and it's not actually much fun.

You can now buy CBD only flower here online. My pal who smokes buys it to mix with the heavy THC stuff to get a nice balance.

That sucks. :( I've been lucky and found a provider that grows a lot of medical grade stuff, so it's just about right for me. But no point keeping on doing it if you get anxious from it!

That sucks. :( I've been lucky and found a provider that grows a lot of medical grade stuff, so it's just about right for me. But no point keeping on doing it if you get anxious from it!

I did get some Canadian medical stuff and it was great. Nice mellow high. Decent sleep. No intense paranoia. Like I think you or someone said earlier, the people who are already that way engineered have to be careful with anything. Be it alcohol or weed.

Tbh now that I've kicked it for a bit I'm keen to not go back beyond special occasions. But issue then is that you have one joint and are in space lol.

I did get some Canadian medical stuff and it was great. Nice mellow high. Decent sleep. No intense paranoia. Like I think you or someone said earlier, the people who are already that way engineered have to be careful with anything. Be it alcohol or weed.

Tbh now that I've kicked it for a bit I'm keen to not go back beyond special occasions. But issue then is that you have one joint and are in space lol.

Hehe, yeah, better just do a hit or two if it's only on occasion. I think that's understated in general with cannabis use - a lot of people seem to think they "should" be able to smoke a whole joint, so they end up paranoid beyond belief, when just a couple of tokes would've been enough.

Hehe, yeah, better just do a hit or two if it's only on occasion. I think that's understated in general with cannabis use - a lot of people seem to think they "should" be able to smoke a whole joint, so they end up paranoid beyond belief, when just a couple of tokes would've been enough.

I'm good like this. I'll take a single toke and wait 30 minutes when I've not smoked in a while.

Biggest thing I miss about being stoned is eating. Munchies when high is one of the greatest joys in life for me. But good food. I'm fortunate to be married to someone who can really cook amazing food. And luckily being of a certain tinge we got flava locked.

Back