• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brown/Muslim Lives Matter - Protests?

JerusalemMan

Johnny Morrison
https://apnews.com/269b3de1af34e17c1941a514f78d764c

https://apnews.com/4ab0b341a4ec4e648423f2ec47ea5c47

Meanwhile, China merrily continues with its mass programme of abortions and sterilisation for ethnic minorities. I'm also pretty sure that those indoctrination camps are still functioning where minorities are detained for a time while ideological realignment takes place.
Where's the vocal protests and social media activism on behalf of the Uighurs? I'm sure they'll be along very soon, right?

At some point in the next few months someone with a little influence might remember the Yazidis again and there'll be a small tragic story about their ignored slaughter too.

While I agree about these issues being important, we can't seriously be looking at ISIS and China as some sort of barometer for morality. One is an outright death cult. And China literally give zero fudges about anything. The US police and their treatment of black civilians is an issue which needs addressing as do these two.

That aside, the treatment of the Uighurs is horrific.

The genocide being committed against the Houthi folk by our allies Saudi is possibly the most evil thing happening in the world right now.

So much bad brick.

While I agree about these issues being important, we can't seriously be looking at ISIS and China as some sort of barometer for morality...

No. But surely we can use 'morality' as a general reference scale and be utterly appalled at what's going on. Just because it's ISIS and China doesn't mean people should turn a blind eye as if to say, we expect that from them.
We can look at them and make noise. Perhaps noise more proportionate to the evil.

I mean, we provide arms to Saudi Arabia to bomb the brick out of Yemen which is a humanitarian disaster, morality isn't something we're high on over here in UK.

No. But surely we can use 'morality' as a general reference scale and be utterly appalled at what's going on. Just because it's ISIS and China doesn't mean people should turn a blind eye as if to say, we expect that from them.
We can look at them and make noise. Perhaps noise more proportionate to the evil.

Fair point. Taken.

unfortunately i think the UN/ western nations are too scared of what the backlash may be if they intervene here (be it for HK or Uighurs etc). and I think i generally agree with their stance - even without a war, the economic consequences could be catastrophic. what we really need to do is start weening ourselves off a dependence on cheap Chinese productivity - but this will never happen (or at least any time soon). the cost to our way of life would be unbearable -and so unfortunately we have to turn a blind eye here and there, but we can continue to trump our moral values over smaller nations - kinda like uefa ffp

unfortunately i think the UN/ western nations are too scared of what the backlash may be if they intervene here (be it for HK or Uighurs etc). and I think i generally agree with their stance - even without a war, the economic consequences could be catastrophic. what we really need to do is start weening ourselves off a dependence on cheap Chinese productivity - but this will never happen (or at least any time soon). the cost to our way of life would be unbearable -and so unfortunately we have to turn a blind eye here and there, but we can continue to trump our moral values over smaller nations - kinda like uefa ffp

Most of the virtue signalling comes from the sort of tossers that buy brick from China.

I agree with this and I think the rona may start a shift away from cheap Chinese landfill tat. At least it has opened our eyes to our over-dependence on this supply chain for critical items. I'm really hoping this is the beginning of the end of globalisation in this current form, as I firmly believe the survival of the race is on a knife-edge and this one side arrangement is not helping. We are at an inflection point in history and through I see lots of things that give me some hope, my faith in humanity as a whole to change direction is at a low ebb. Greed and money still hold too much sway over those in power.

Last edited:
Most of the virtue signalling comes from the sort of tossers that buy brick from China.

Complain about slavery on their phones built by slaves mining rare metals and then built by someone earning 30p a week.

It does make you wonder why some causes seem higher up the food chain than others globally.

When Saudi unlawfully (by other standards) are killing people weekly there are no weekly marches it’s just doesn’t work in my head that some causes that are equally atrocious as others are not as prominent in the nations mindset

I agree that if one tries to measure up the sufferings of different people in different parts of the world and then look at how much attention is given out doesn't seem fair. Hell were several posts into this and the North Koreans haven't been mentioned yet.

At the same time I think it's a normal human reaction to care more about people closer to oneself. And it's normal to devote more time where one thinks it can make a bigger difference.

And at the same time I even think there is some rationality in it. If human well being is to trend in a positive direction, for positive changes to happen in China for example, I think we need a strong, allied international response.

Think what one may about the US for example, but a strong positive international response is much easier with them than without them. The further the US falls away from being the shining beacon it at least claims to want to be the harder everything else becomes.

Imagine the US going down whatever you think would be their worst realistic path. How does that impact the future of oppressed people around the world?

That's not to say that frequent reminders about atrocities around the world isn't a good thing. I appreciate this reminder.

I agree that if one tries to measure up the sufferings of different people in different parts of the world and then look at how much attention is given out doesn't seem fair. Hell were several posts into this and the North Koreans haven't been mentioned yet.

At the same time I think it's a normal human reaction to care more about people closer to oneself. And it's normal to devote more time where one thinks it can make a bigger difference.

And at the same time I even think there is some rationality in it. If human well being is to trend in a positive direction, for positive changes to happen in China for example, I think we need a strong, allied international response.

Think what one may about the US for example, but a strong positive international response is much easier with them than without them. The further the US falls away from being the shining beacon it at least claims to want to be the harder everything else becomes.

Imagine the US going down whatever you think would be their worst realistic path. How does that impact the future of oppressed people around the world?

That's not to say that frequent reminders about atrocities around the world isn't a good thing. I appreciate this reminder.

good measured post and I agree on many points.

It's pointless trying to change authoritarian state with talk of human right, their leaders retain power by dehumanizing certain groups so their citizens have someone handy to hate and persecute.

What is the difference between what nazi Germany did and what the Chinese are doing now?

So much of our cultural history over the last 50 years has been connected to the second world war to an almost on healthy degree. From the war movies constantly on tv to how the politicians go on about it.

That generation and its sacrifices should always be remembered. But from the bits i remember from history at school. We learn history so it is not repeated.

Well it seems to me it is happening again and people dont really care. Is it because their Asian and not white or black or is it because it is happening really far away?

I was in China this year and despite only javing 3 stem cell injections and not the 4 because covid was kicking off it seems to have helped my health better then we were hoping for.

Im quite conflicted on the country because it is an evil place doing evil things, yet they have helped my own health immeasurably.

Back