• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Big Summer Clearout?

In all seriousness bring in hoilett/Moses centre mid if big HUD is still struggling like look of mccarthy at wigan centre back vertonghen plus caulker and naughton let ade and Saha go bring in a target man and bring Kane into first team sell corluka and kranjcar give pienaar another go sell Bentley jenas dos santos etc as for keeper would only bring one in of it's for cheap or a free friedel has defo another year in him so should be fine for a year suppose a lot of the fringe players stating or goin depends if we're in Europa or cl

And before anyone asks who this target man should be? I have no fudging idea like look of negredo tho

great idea to clear out all these players, i think we're at more than 10 or more to get rid of. just one small point, anyone got any idea if a) any of these players want to go, bearing in mind they are all under contract and b) who is going to want to buy them.??

Agree with you, it's not easy, but Atletico did it with Falcao last year, so you never know

when they bought falcao he wasnt world class crowned / bonafide......he hadnt really earned it

i have to be honest i would even question if he has earned it now despite the goal scoring form he has been showing recently

but falcao is the type of player we should be aiming for. plaer on the cusp who have the talent and the potential to be world class

Adebayor, Llorente , And Remy are all gettable depending on circumstances. Ba will be hard now being that Saudi Sportswashing Machine are flying high but we'd still stand a good chance IMO. Soldado , Rossi and Negredo are not what we need. Hmmmm who else is there?

i wouldnt say any of those are world class , but they are certainl gettable

if you had a chance to sign etoo and play him as lone strike in the premiership would you take it?

when they bought falcao he wasnt world class crowned / bonafide......he hadnt really earned it

i have to be honest i would even question if he has earned it now despite the goal scoring form he has been showing recently

but falcao is the type of player we should be aiming for. plaer on the cusp who have the talent and the potential to be world class

He's fantastic in the air, in fact, he's one of the best headers of the ball I've ever seen!

He's proved it in the best league in the world, La Liga.

His movement is superb!

Didn't he set a record for goals in the Europa League?

I'd say he is world class.

He's fantastic in the air, in fact, he's one of the best headers of the ball I've ever seen!

His movement is superb!

He's been performing at a top level for 3 consecuctive seasons in 2 different leagues averaging around a goal a game

One of the Top 10 strikers in Europe atm, no doubt.

He's been performing at a top level for 3 consecuctive seasons in 2 different leagues averaging around a goal a game

One of the Top 10 strikers in Europe atm, no doubt.

Who else would you have in the top 10 right now?

Van Persie
Aguero
Messi
Mario Gomez
Llorente
Benzema
Higuain
Cavani
Rooney
Ronaldo (technically more of a forward)

Van Persie
Aguero
Messi
Mario Gomez
Llorente
Benzema
Higuain
Cavani
Rooney

That's close to the exact list I would have picked. There's an argument for Tevez if he'd been playing regularly this year. We might have a remote chance of getting Llorente but the others are untouchable for a club of our stature.

What about the next 10 best strikers in Europe?
Tevez
Rossi (before injury)
Drogba
Soldado
Ibra (sometimes)
Villa
Muller
Carroll
Falcao
Millito

His movement is superb!

la liga isnt the best league in the world for a start. the premiership is. england is just going through a transitionary blip but still people expect english teams in latter round of european contests. you get the same with spanish teams but even then the odds on for the english team to progres is generally higher than their psanish counter parts save you are madrid or barca.

and him proving his heading capability in spain is a non starting point, those poeople are NOT ariel, heading and dealing with headers isnt their forte, its just not their thing. ball on deck is more of what you'll find on the continent.

i'm going to have to take your word on it about his movement........i've seen just wo or three full games, 1 for athletico during their slow start to the season (or slower than expected start should i say)...saw the uefa cup final when he was at porto and saw bit parts of another porto game. basically his movemnet didnt impress me at all. not saying it was bad, its just that it was pretty much what i would expect from any hafl decent forward.

interestingly enough in the uefa cup game, i noted on things. he was very much on the outskirts of that game, couldnt get into properly...which then made me question the build up play of porto or question his hold up play, lone striker capabilities.

he cant possibly be called world class without having more accomplishments in major contests in BIG leagues. anything he did in portugal is marred by the fact that it happened in portugal. not saying we should totally discredit what he did, just that if you had to apply a wieght scheme to the goals that he scored in portugal it wouldnt be as valuable as say for instance 2/3 that amount here in the premiership. i mean , have you seen the level of football in portugal?

if he continues to do what he does for another season and terrorise BIG teams when he gets the chance to , then you can start talking. at which point the name falcao gets talked about more in bigger football governing bodies, more big teams and big players name drop 'falcao' blah blah blah....world class is about talent but more to do with marketing and exposuire to the big big stage..and accomplishing things on that stage

an example would be bale...even last season you wouldnt call him world class but now? after al the exposure he has had ....the selections to various teams of the year, players of the premiership voted etc etc etc..you could say he is world class stamped. even though i think he still has a bit of a way to go before being world class

all the above is just IMHO. most would probably disagree

Van Persie
Aguero
Messi
Mario Gomez
Llorente
Benzema
Higuain
Cavani
Rooney

this here is a classic example of how exposure puts you in th limelight

you've just put mario gomes in there ahead of etoo.

no one on earth should agree with that i would hope, but the only reason you done mention etoo is because in general his name isnt being mentioned or associated with big leagues and big contests. he basically on the peripherals of football where he is now

are people telling me now that llorente is more of a world class prospect than etoo and tevez?

fudging hell, I AM NOT HAVING THIS

LOL. sorry guys , i am not really angry...just laughing and yelling out my refusal to accept that.

cavani as well?

the world of rating players is doomed IMO

are people telling me now that llorente is more of a world class prospect than etoo and tevez?

fudging hell, I AM NOT HAVING THIS

LOL. sorry guys , i am not really angry...just laughing and yelling out my refusal to accept that.

cavani as well?

the world of rating players is doomed IMO

Etoo from two years ago maybe

la liga isnt the best league in the world for a start. the premiership is. england is just going through a transitionary blip but still people expect english teams in latter round of european contests. you get the same with spanish teams but even then the odds on for the english team to progres is generally higher than their psanish counter parts save you are madrid or barca.

and him proving his heading capability in spain is a non starting point, those poeople are NOT ariel, heading and dealing with headers isnt their forte, its just not their thing. ball on deck is more of what you'll find on the continent.

i'm going to have to take your word on it about his movement........i've seen just wo or three full games, 1 for athletico during their slow start to the season (or slower than expected start should i say)...saw the uefa cup final when he was at porto and saw bit parts of another porto game. basically his movemnet didnt impress me at all. not saying it was bad, its just that it was pretty much what i would expect from any hafl decent forward.

interestingly enough in the uefa cup game, i noted on things. he was very much on the outskirts of that game, couldnt get into properly...which then made me question the build up play of porto or question his hold up play, lone striker capabilities.

he cant possibly be called world class without having more accomplishments in major contests in BIG leagues. anything he did in portugal is marred by the fact that it happened in portugal. not saying we should totally discredit what he did, just that if you had to apply a wieght scheme to the goals that he scored in portugal it wouldnt be as valuable as say for instance 2/3 that amount here in the premiership. i mean , have you seen the level of football in portugal?

if he continues to do what he does for another season and terrorise BIG teams when he gets the chance to , then you can start talking. at which point the name falcao gets talked about more in bigger football governing bodies, more big teams and big players name drop 'falcao' blah blah blah....world class is about talent but more to do with marketing and exposuire to the big big stage..and accomplishing things on that stage

an example would be bale...even last season you wouldnt call him world class but now? after al the exposure he has had ....the selections to various teams of the year, players of the premiership voted etc etc etc..you could say he is world class stamped. even though i think he still has a bit of a way to go before being world class

all the above is just IMHO. most would probably disagree

La liga has overtaken the premier league in the last couple of years. People go on about madrid and barca dominating, that's because they're two great teams! Bilbao aren't even one of the top sides in Spain, and they embarrassed the best team in our league!

I posted a video of some of falcao's headed goals recently, I'll have to find it for you.

That's close to the exact list I would have picked. There's an argument for Tevez if he'd been playing regularly this year. We might have a remote chance of getting Llorente but the others are untouchable for a club of our stature.

What about the next 10 best strikers in Europe?
Tevez
Rossi (before injury)
Drogba
Soldado
Ibra (sometimes)
Villa
Muller
Carroll
Falcao
Millito

\o/

La liga has overtaken the premier league in the last couple of years. People go on about madrid and barca dominating, that's because they're two great teams! Bilbao aren't even one of the top sides in Spain, and they embarrassed the best team in our league!

I posted a video of some of falcao's headed goals recently, I'll have to find it for you

take your time mate, no need ro rush. besides , i'm not in a hurry to have egg on my face if indeed it does show him stealing yards and spaces infront of defenders and atacking balls aggresively and winning headers against dominating or sizeable CBs with good positioning, LOL.

bilbao did do a number on united i'l give you that. on the flip side...i didnt think valencia showed their dominance against stoke. good football but not really a statement type performance

Back