• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barca or Real

Who do you support

• Barcelona

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 35 44.9%

• Total voters
I don't watch much Spanish football, but I find myself rooting for Athletic Bilbao, I respect how well they do with just Basque players

I enjoy watching both teams play, they can both produce some fantastic stuff and find myself cheering for different teams in different situations. Often I want the underdog to win, Barca have won so much lately that I think a Real Championship would be good. When Real had Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul and Figo they were fantastic, as I didn't have any affiliation with any of the clubs they played against I really enjoyed watching them play and didn't really care that they spent a ton of money. Now I really enjoy watching Xavi, Iniesta and Messi at Barca, fantastic players in a fantastic team. But long term I don't really care either way.

I watched the first half of the CSKA Moscow game and got bored. They are just a machine like Chelsea were, effective, but not really exciting to watch.

They're not really playing in ideal conditions though, artificial pitch and it's fudging freezing.

Ozil is so good too watch

This may sound ridiculous, but I think Barca are a lot like Spurs. Not necessarily in terms of individual ability, but in the way the play is directed. We both like to play the man marked the closest, hoping (or in their case, trusting) that the player has the skill to find his way out. We both like to play seemingly slow pig-in-the-middle buildup just to release someone without the opponents knowing what hit them.

We both are brilliant to watch as long as we can play to our strengths, but are prone to folding to opponents bullying, playing anti-football or having a real go. We are both highly possessive teams. And we both lack a plan B.

I remember the game when the Goons went right to their throats or when the ref raped Chelsea, thinking what a spectacular but ineffective team Barca are. I honestly believe Spurs could have beaten them those nights. Apart from the fantastic troika of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi (and perhaps Fibreglass), they are to a large degree as much hype as ability.

What really sets us apart is the obvious set piece efficiency, and the mentality that given the opportunity Barca WILL drive you through the ground, while we look more than happy to see off a 2-0 lead.

Disclaimer: the above statements are highly subjective and may in no way reflect the opinions of sober people.

We play more like Real, fast on the counter, powerful pacy players, one cm who keeps possession beautifully, another who kicks the opponents off the park, talisman defender who likes a nawty drink :-"

We play more like Real, fast on the counter, powerful pacy players, one cm who keeps possession beautifully, another who kicks the opponents off the park, talisman defender who likes a nawty drink :-"
I don't know why, but we don't seem to get so much on the counter anymore. Maybe because teams respect us more than they did as subsequently don't commit as much in attack, or maybe the lack of pace on the flanks with Lennon out and Bale in a more free role? I don't know, but to me we look slower in the build-up phase than we did just a year ago.

Bale is/was at his absolute best when running from deep, while IMO Lennon shone with Corluka being disciplined in support, released just at the right moment. I think we play quite a different game now, arguably even better, but still different. Maybe it's because we now have actual hold-up ability in attack!

I don't know why, but we don't seem to get so much on the counter anymore. Maybe because teams respect us more than they did as subsequently don't commit as much in attack, or maybe the lack of pace on the flanks with Lennon out and Bale in a more free role? I don't know, but to me we look slower in the build-up phase than we did just a year ago.

Bale is/was at his absolute best when running from deep, while IMO Lennon shone with Corluka being disciplined in support, released just at the right moment. I think we play quite a different game now, arguably even better, but still different. Maybe it's because we now have actual hold-up ability in attack!

Yeah fair comment. Teams just don't shut up shop in the Primera Liga like they do here.

Back