• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale or Modric? Sell one, keep one poll

If one had to sell one and keep one, would you sell Modric or Bale?

• Sell Modric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell Bale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
If we were offered ?ú40m for Bale and ?ú40m for Modric and we had to sell one and keep one? Which one should we keep

Bale

Modric

Poll please Mods

I would keep Bale. I think it would be more difficult to replace Bale's goals and assists (plus the excitement factor) than Modric's contribution to the team.

sell Modric

Bale can suffer here for a couple of more years

Bale every time as Pirate says his goals & assists would be difficult to replace and he's going to get better, Modric has been very average in a lot of games and his shooting if awful apart from the stunners.

Stupid thread. Keep both without a doubt. We wouldnt be able to get in players of the same quality to replace them

Can someone lock this?

Stupid thread. Keep both without a doubt. We wouldnt be able to get in players of the same quality to replace them

Can someone lock this?

It's a hypothetical situation. And it can be made even more real by asking something that may actually be relevant. If we want to invest heavily in the squad we may have to raise significant funds. A better question would be if Levy says we can sell one of the two for ?ú50m to invest in other players or keep both and not invest......what would you do?

It's a hypothetical situation. And it can be made even more real by asking something that may actually be relevant. If we want to invest heavily in the squad we may have to raise significant funds. A better question would be if Levy says we can sell one of the two for ?ú50m to invest in other players or keep both and not invest......what would you do?

Why would you get rid of two PRICELESS players to invest in players that aren't as good?

I wouldnt accept 40m for either.

Im thinking along the lines of demand and supply and what other alternatives to those teams such as Manure, Barca etc.

Id say 50m. BUT. I would sell next summer not this summer.

Why would you get rid of two PRICELESS players to invest in players that aren't as good?

Balance of the team maybe? There are lots of reasons. If you have three world class strikers, and your central defence isn't any good and you play only one up top....

I personally would keep both and not invest if that was the choice. But I also believe to an extent that VDV and Modric aren't compatible in the same side. If you lost Modric then VDV may really come into his own, especially if you played two out and out wingers and had a good box to box midfielder in there too to join the attacks. I'm also not entirely convinced that if you play two out and out wingers, that Modric and a holder is the best balanced combination.

Of course the ultimate example would be England. Lampard and Gerrard, excellent players. brick together. Stick an average water carrier alongside one of them and the team would have done a lot better.

I'd keep Bale. His overall end product is better. He scored a hat trick at the san siro, can't see Modric ever scoring a hat trick in a big Champions League game.

Balance of the team maybe? There are lots of reasons. If you have three world class strikers, and your central defence isn't any good and you play only one up top....

I personally would keep both and not invest if that was the choice. But I also believe to an extent that VDV and Modric aren't compatible in the same side. If you lost Modric then VDV may really come into his own, especially if you played two out and out wingers and had a good box to box midfielder in there too to join the attacks. I'm also not entirely convinced that if you play two out and out wingers, that Modric and a holder is the best balanced combination.

Of course the ultimate example would be England. Lampard and Gerrard, excellent players. brick together. Stick an average water carrier alongside one of them and the team would have done a lot better.

But tbh, we're not the team with the most depth and choice of suitable replacements...

Back