• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Back in from Goodison

What was Lee Evans doing in your bathroom???

Joking apart, although the Modric and Bale chants had a touch of humour about them, I didnt join in myself, didnt seem right. Preferred to try and get a COYS chant going instead

From the photo in your opening post, I was sat about a block away from you, in row F seat 1. I did join in with the Bale chant; partly in frustration for what I was seeing, but partly because I wanted us to get back to the formation that had destroyed teams earlier on in the season.

The problem we have is that we have gone so narrow of late. If you look at Everton's goal yesterday, Kaboul gets dragged across to try to support Walker, who like Benny, was not getting much support from the players in front of them. Ledley is then forced into coming across to cover the position vacated by Kaboul, allowing Jelavic a free hit from 15 yards.

I must admit, a great number of recent posts on here have talked about HR's tactics and the player’s discipline. For me, our first half performance yesterday, proved that the concerns raised on here had some substance about them. When a team has a blip, it has to go back to basics and I believe it is now our time to do this?

From the photo in your opening post, I was sat about a block away from you, in row F seat 1. I did join in with the Bale chant; partly in frustration for what I was seeing, but partly because I wanted us to get back to the formation that had destroyed teams earlier on in the season.

The problem we have is that we have gone so narrow of late. If you look at Everton's goal yesterday, Kaboul gets dragged across to try to support Walker, who like Benny, was not getting much support from the players in front of them. Ledley is then forced into coming across to cover the position vacated by Kaboul, allowing Jelavic a free hit from 15 yards.

I must admit, a great number of recent posts on here have talked about HR's tactics and the player’s discipline. For me, our first half performance yesterday, proved that the concerns raised on here had some substance about them. When a team has a blip, it has to go back to basics and I believe it is now our time to do this?

Bang on, you were. Row F Seat 50. Kindly let the wife have Seat 49 so that the post blocked her view of the goal :lol:

What really annoyed me at the end was the ref giving Howard a yellow card for time wasting, wasting another minute of our extra time on that, while Howard returned to the ball, kicked the post again, and then took the goal kick, which in total took well over a minute. Yet, at the end, we only got 20 seconds extra. It's not like we would've gotten a goal anyway, but what's the point of booking a player for time wasting if it turns out it just pays off for him and his team? Really fudging stupid.

Hopefully Harry has finally learned now, Mod is central, and Bale out left. You were really loud last night - fudging loved it, yiddos! :D

What really annoyed me at the end was the ref giving Howard a yellow card for time wasting, wasting another minute of our extra time on that, while Howard returned to the ball, kicked the post again, and then took the goal kick, which in total took well over a minute. Yet, at the end, we only got 20 seconds extra. It's not like we would've gotten a goal anyway, but what's the point of booking a player for time wasting if it turns out it just pays off for him and his team? Really fudging stupid.

Hopefully Harry has finally learned now, Mod is central, and Bale out left. You were really loud last night - fudging loved it, yiddos! :D

I would not hold your beath on that one.

Thought we were brick in the first half to be honest, in the second though we were all over them and deserved at least a draw. However once again Redknapp has screwed up with the team selection. I have always said that i honestly do not believe that the FA will offer Redknapp the England job, however i am begining to hope i was wrong and he does get it and we can get a manager who has some tactical knowledge.

Jesus wept.

:rolleyes:

nah that would have been a very harsh penalty if given

The same way it was harsh to disallow Ade's goal, imv Billy

Both instances (in fact, I'd go back to Cole's one in the 1:1 draw) players had no fudging clue what just happened and was completely and entirely unintentional. But the outcome was

- Stoke's goal-line handball allowed - We go on to lose a game which we largely dominated
- Cashley's allowed - Chelsea score an equilaser
- Ade's is disallowed - Spurs are deprived of a goal at a crucial time of the game having applied substantial pressure on their opponetns
- Baines;\' allowed - Spurs are denied a penalty at a crucial point of the game having pinned their clooger qnut opponents for the last 20 mins.

So why the FCUK are we always on the receiving end of these major decisions?

Last edited:
The same way it was harsh to disallow Ade's goal, imv Billy

Both instances (in fact, I'd go back to Cole's one in the 1:1 draw) players had no fudging clue what just happened and was completely and entirely unintentional. But the outcome was

- Stoke's goal-line handball allowed - We go on to lose a game which we largely dominated
- Cashley's allowed - Chelsea score an equilaser
- Ade's is disallowed - Spurs are deprived of a goal at a crucial time of the game having applied substantial pressure on their opponetns
- Baines;\' allowed - Spurs are denied a penalty at a crucial point of the game having pinned their clooger qnut opponents for the last 20 mins.

So why the FCUK are we always on the receiving end of these major decisions?

This. All I ask for is consistency, either they are all deliberate and then all fouls, or they are all accidental and not fouls.

But it seems if its Spurs those arent the options!

Although it was very quick, and quite probably instinctive, it looked to me very much like BAines moves his arm to the ball - without any real need too = penalty for me

Although it was very quick, and quite probably instinctive, it looked to me very much like BAines moves his arm to the ball - without any real need too = penalty for me

Saw it on TV for this first time yesterday. I'm convinced his arm moves in the direction of the ball, made me more miffed than I was at the game

We were Row O, shocking viwe with that f'ing post.

First half was dreadful, agree about the goal, no support from midfield so the defence was all bent out of shape, though Kaboul shoul dnot get turned that easily.

Couldn't believe how quite the Everton fans were, after they scored the noise was amazing form them, then we shut them up till the final couple of minutes, was quite amusing watching some of their fans 'giving it large', when everyone else was sitting down, it looked hilarious from where we were.

Harry needs to definitly go back to basics, hopefully Lennon will be back soon and we can restore some balance to the side, we looked much better second half mainly due to Saha, he was very good and looked like he really cared, unlike a certain Bad Ade.

Bale also needs to man-up, some of his dives/bottled challenges were embarrassing. He doesn't seem to realise that he is more likely to get injured hald heartedly
going in for challenges, and also get himself a reputation, so hge won't get any protection form the refs as they think he's diving.

On a positive note, I'm still convinced that we have the quality to finish above the scum, we were having a chat on the way up and we're all agreed that while may catch us, even overtake us, we will still finish above them. COYS!!

Hi chaps, new member here, hope we're not all feeling too depressed.

Was at the match at the weekend, and it was just one of those frustrating games where you just knew we weren't gonna score. Hurt my foot kicking the chair in front of me when Saha hit the post, and left the ground just feeling absolute annoyance at our inability to score.

Our end was triffic though, and I think Goodison is one of the grounds where the away end can create a really top atmosphere. Onwards and upwards, and lets get to Wembley.

We were Row O, shocking viwe with that f'ing post.

First half was dreadful, agree about the goal, no support from midfield so the defence was all bent out of shape, though Kaboul shoul dnot get turned that easily.

Couldn't believe how quite the Everton fans were, after they scored the noise was amazing form them, then we shut them up till the final couple of minutes, was quite amusing watching some of their fans 'giving it large', when everyone else was sitting down, it looked hilarious from where we were.

Harry needs to definitly go back to basics, hopefully Lennon will be back soon and we can restore some balance to the side, we looked much better second half mainly due to Saha, he was very good and looked like he really cared, unlike a certain Bad Ade.

Bale also needs to man-up, some of his dives/bottled challenges were embarrassing. He doesn't seem to realise that he is more likely to get injured hald heartedly
going in for challenges, and also get himself a reputation, so hge won't get any protection form the refs as they think he's diving.

On a positive note, I'm still convinced that we have the quality to finish above the scum, we were having a chat on the way up and we're all agreed that while may catch us, even overtake us, we will still finish above them. COYS!!

Did you spot the guy who kept standing up and doing '5-2' with his fingers!!! :-s

Dont actually remember Everton beating us that score in recent times!

Ha ha, didn't see that guy, but there was a big guy, looked a bit like Mike Ashley, who was getting himself very worked up! He got taken downstairs at one point, and the Police/stewards had a word in his shell(suit) like.

They are in desperate need of a new ground, although I always like going to a ground with a bit of history to it, they are taking the tinkle, wooden stands! Not even sure that should pass the safety regs.

Ha ha, didn't see that guy, but there was a big guy, looked a bit like Mike Ashley, who was getting himself very worked up! He got taken downstairs at one point, and the Police/stewards had a word in his shell(suit) like.

They are in desperate need of a new ground, although I always like going to a ground with a bit of history to it, they are taking the tinkle, wooden stands! Not even sure that should pass the safety regs.

Sounds like you were in the Lower Bullens with the bench seats. I just laughed the first time we sat down there. 21st Century and you still have seats like that

The decisions as they were given;

Baines accidental handball = No penalty
Ade accidental handball = No goal...

Either both are spotted (and we're denied a goal against Utd, BUT we get a penalty against Everton... TWO correct decisions which you could argue would even themselves out)
The goal against Utd is given, but the penalty denied; inconsistency, but again you could argue it evens itself up...

OR

Both aren't given (which means we're denied a goal, AND don't get a penalty, even though BOTH are apparently accidental handball, either they count, or they don't)

...that's fudging warped... it really doesn't add up, the FA really don't want us in the CL ever again, do they?

Bolton fan at work this morning said dont worry Spurs will win 4-0 this weekend. I told him nah, 4-1, Kevin Davies will probably push the ball into the net with his hands and it will still be given the way things are going

Back