• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Back from the KC Car Park

paxtonwolf

John White
Almost the ultimate deja va away day. It was Villa all over again, except this time we were there in time for the first half.
Great atmosphere for the first 15mins until the goal, it was obvious one of them was going to score, but f#ck me he never hit one like that for us. That put a dampener on things until after the break. A few more 'Levy out' rumblings again, with a 'Poch out' one thrown in there too i am afraid.
Once the red came out I said to the missus this is gonna be Villa all over again, I know it against 10 men but that 15/20min spell around the eqauliser was some of the best football we have played in ages, with a bit more luck and better finishing we could have scored 4 in about 10mins.
Away support was superb in that final half hour and seemed to lift the team when it looked like they were losing their way in the final five minutes.
My moment of the day though was right after the penalty appeal 30secs before the Eriksen goal, all the Hull fans shouting 'handball' as each Spurs player touched the ball and then as they were shouting it as Eriksen touched it, in it flew, glorious.
Another get out of jail card used up, unfortunately we wont always get the benefit of a red card, but right now f#ck it. Jingle Bells!! COYS

Just got back from work, was it another completely disjointed performance or were there times were we played well?

Only my own POV, but Villa all over again. Thought we were outplayed in the first half could have been 3-0 down tbh. Once again the red card changed things and we looked a different team. Right after the eqauliser, Soldado was unlucky not to score, Kane maybe should have, and Lamela definitely should have (from our angle at least).

Only my own POV, but Villa all over again. Thought we were outplayed in the first half could have been 3-0 down tbh. Once again the red card changed things and we looked a different team. Right after the eqauliser, Soldado was unlucky not to score, Kane maybe should have, and Lamela definitely should have (from our angle at least).

we were **** against villa.. i thought we DOMINATED today, especially second half.. we started well, team got abit of a shock when Livermore scored his goal, the only goal he'll score for the rest of the season.. players must have been deflated thinking to themselves that they just cant do anything right.. massive change at half time, looked miles better.

we saw how important a win for Saudi Sportswashing Machine was..

we were **** against villa.. i thought we DOMINATED today, especially second half.. we started well, team got abit of a shock when Livermore scored his goal, the only goal he'll score for the rest of the season.. players must have been deflated thinking to themselves that they just cant do anything right.. massive change at half time, looked miles better.

we saw how important a win for Saudi Sportswashing Machine was..

As I say, can only say what I saw from ground level, but that first half from where we stood I thought we were outplayed. From 50mins onward, I will agree it was all Spurs and should have finished 5-1 really

Ahh I thought that was Spurs fans ironically shouting handball no?

The Hull fans (I guess understandably because the ref was ****) were a bit angsty but screaming for handball the 5 times the ball hit the center of Vlad's chest so I assumed it was us just taking the ****, I assumed wrong then?

Ahh I thought that was Spurs fans ironically shouting handball no?

The Hull fans (I guess understandably because the ref was ****) were a bit angsty but screaming for handball the 5 times the ball hit the center of Vlad's chest so I assumed it was us just taking the ****, I assumed wrong then?

Yes in the lead up to Eriksens goal it was the home crowd after we had appealed for a handball in the box

Thanks PW as ever good reading. I've been away a few times and it would be good if we could 'can' that away support and bring it to White Hart Lane!!

Yes in the lead up to Eriksens goal it was the home crowd after we had appealed for a handball in the box

That's too funny. I actually thought it was at the time and was saying to myself "please shut those ***** up!" They sounded like the most whingy fans I've heard in a long time. Of course that's from watching on the telly so might not be accurate.

Bruce is a funny one too. Complaining about Verts going down from actually being kicked like that when his own players were falling for nothing several times during the game. And the only discussion about Livermore should have been if it was a straight red or a second yellow for that nasty challenge on Mason. Guess the interviewer didn't have the balls to ask Bruce about that one...

I appreciated Livermore's hushed celebration after scoring, but if he's going to hack down our players like that he might as well just ****ing celebrate when scoring against us.

That's too funny. I actually thought it was at the time and was saying to myself "please shut those ***** up!" They sounded like the most whingy fans I've heard in a long time. Of course that's from watching on the telly so might not be accurate.

Bruce is a funny one too. Complaining about Verts going down from actually being kicked like that when his own players were falling for nothing several times during the game. And the only discussion about Livermore should have been if it was a straight red or a second yellow for that nasty challenge on Mason. Guess the interviewer didn't have the balls to ask Bruce about that one...

I appreciated Livermore's hushed celebration after scoring, but if he's going to hack down our players like that he might as well just ****ing celebrate when scoring against us.

To be honest I wish that a few of our players would show that same desire that Livermore showed.... Yes it was a nasty tackle but it was one that he knew he had to make as we were breaking against their 10 men after they had pushed forward for a set piece. If we had all 11 of our players putting in the effort that Livermore does we would currently be sitting pretty in the top four IMO.

To be honest I wish that a few of our players would show that same desire that Livermore showed.... Yes it was a nasty tackle but it was one that he knew he had to make as we were breaking against their 10 men after they had pushed forward for a set piece. If we had all 11 of our players putting in the effort that Livermore does we would currently be sitting pretty in the top four IMO.

I can't agree that it was smart to make such a tackle when you were already on a yellow card and your team was down to ten men already.

Shocking by the referee though. You can accept honest mistakes, but that one was not an honest mistake. He was five yards away from the incident, and could see it clearly. He either a) didn't deem the tackle worthy of a yellow card, in which case he should not referee in the Premiership or b) and the far more likely scenario, he knew it was a yellow card, but he was too afraid to make another unpopular decision against the home team. When you are too scared to make the right decision, you shouldn't referee at any level. We can't have referees who make mistakes on purpose.

Its such an easy thing to say that we only came into it because of the red card. Hull were really good for the first 15/20 mins with their pressing etc but was never going to sustain that, especially if you have someone like Huddlestone in CM. After that period I thought we grew into the game and by the end of the first half I was confident we would get something, we were beginning to play some nice fast passing sequences and I just felt we were going to threaten more and more. Of course the red card helped, but I have no doubt that half would have seen a similar pattern of play with us dominating and them defending further and further back if they'd had the full eleven men. I think we are beginning to see some real good football being played, its just like many of our players we are seeing these in patches rather than really dominating a game at the moment...

I couldn't work out what was going on there.

Was he just up for the game and in an adrenalin haze (most likely), do he and Mason have previous from academy days, or sometimes it's just fun to crunch your mates (not training, but I've seen intra-team competitive matches be the worst for bad tackles)?

Was he just up for the game and in an adrenalin haze (most likely), do he and Mason have previous from academy days, or sometimes it's just fun to crunch your mates (not training, but I've seen intra-team competitive matches be the worst for bad tackles)?

Doubt it, I remember reading an article with Livermore in the Mail very recently saying he's surprised its taken Mason this long to make it into the squad....

Thanks PW as ever good reading. I've been away a few times and it would be good if we could 'can' that away support and bring it to White Hart Lane!!

Always a pleasure doing them, even better after a victory. These days away days are far more enjoyable than home games and that's a shame because it shouldnt be that way really

Its such an easy thing to say that we only came into it because of the red card. Hull were really good for the first 15/20 mins with their pressing etc but was never going to sustain that, especially if you have someone like Huddlestone in CM. After that period I thought we grew into the game and by the end of the first half I was confident we would get something, we were beginning to play some nice fast passing sequences and I just felt we were going to threaten more and more. Of course the red card helped, but I have no doubt that half would have seen a similar pattern of play with us dominating and them defending further and further back if they'd had the full eleven men. I think we are beginning to see some real good football being played, its just like many of our players we are seeing these in patches rather than really dominating a game at the moment...

Looking back you are spot on. Just before the 40min mark we sort of woke up and began to look dangerous. IIRC Lamela had a good shot saved and Eriksen fizzed a cracking ball across the goal which nobody got on the end of, I remember thinking to myself 'looks like we have got off the bus now'

Almost the ultimate deja va away day. It was Villa all over again, except this time we were there in time for the first half.
Great atmosphere for the first 15mins until the goal, it was obvious one of them was going to score, but f#ck me he never hit one like that for us. That put a dampener on things until after the break. A few more 'Levy out' rumblings again, with a 'Poch out' one thrown in there too i am afraid.
Once the red came out I said to the missus this is gonna be Villa all over again, I know it against 10 men but that 15/20min spell around the eqauliser was some of the best football we have played in ages, with a bit more luck and better finishing we could have scored 4 in about 10mins.
Away support was superb in that final half hour and seemed to lift the team when it looked like they were losing their way in the final five minutes.
My moment of the day though was right after the penalty appeal 30secs before the Eriksen goal, all the Hull fans shouting 'handball' as each Spurs player touched the ball and then as they were shouting it as Eriksen touched it, in it flew, glorious.
Another get out of jail card used up, unfortunately we wont always get the benefit of a red card, but right now f#ck it. Jingle Bells!! COYS

Thanks Paxton, always a good read.

They grew up through the ranks together. The families grew closer although not best of mates or anything like that. I know of Jake through a pal of mine, his cousin Danny, and personally I think he's a but envious of Ryan now he's broken into the first team.

Had a mad night out once with Jake, Hutton, Jaques Maghoma and Danny but I'll save that for another thread!

Back