• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assange

Why didn't he call an Uber and do a runner?

Or switch clothes with a cleaner, or go out a back window down a drain pipe. There were literally just two geriatric plods stood outside the front door. He could easily have got across to Turkey, and then on to anywhere, without anyone bothering

I'm a bit torn on him. As a kind of punk anarchist, what he's done sticking it to The Man is obviously great. But he does need to face justice for the rape accusations. It just needs to be fair Swedish justice for those specific crimes, not American-retribution 'justice'

I'm a bit torn on him. As a kind of punk anarchist, what he's done sticking it to The Man is obviously great. But he does need to face justice for the rape accusations. It just needs to be fair Swedish justice for those specific crimes, not American-retribution 'justice'

The charges were dropped.

I've lost track, are Sweden still after him for rape allegations?

I think they got dropped not too long ago didnt they?

Yes and no. The case was shelved but with the option to reopen it if he was extradited back to Sweden before the statute of limitations ran out (which it hasn't). Legal proceedings can still go ahead if they extradite him to Sweden before 2020 I think.

And the Americans want him for messing in the elections.

Reporting is saying that the US extradition request is driving this, so I guess that's where he'll end up.

Yes and no. The case was shelved but with the option to reopen it if he was extradited back to Sweden before the statute of limitations ran out (which it hasn't). Legal proceedings can still go ahead if they extradite him to Sweden before 2020 I think.

And the Americans want him for messing in the elections.
I thought that the first charge of molestation (or something like that) timed out, but the rape charge was just dropped. Might have that wrong though

I thought the main charge was that he published the names of loads of US spies embedded around the world? Snowden's stolen data.

The rape stuff shouldn't be allowed to expire. That's far worse a crime than basically whistleblowing against a foreign state (considering he's not American)

I thought that the first charge of molestation (or something like that) timed out, but the rape charge was just dropped. Might have that wrong though
Yeah some of them expired years ago but they can reopen the rape charge, is the way I understand it.

So is he being nicked for rape? Or for showing the world stuff about the yanks that they don't want people to know? If it's the former then phuck him, if it's the latter then he's done more good than bad imo (assuming he hasn't raped anyone if that has all been dropped). The bad stuff is what was revealed, not the fact he helped reveal it.

I don't really follow the Assange stuff too closely, I thought Wikileaks revealed stuff about Iraq and Hilary Clinton's emails (among other things). Did they also show the emails about Obama getting his cabinet picks on orders from Citigroup, or was that a different leak?

Last edited:
Or switch clothes with a cleaner, or go out a back window down a drain pipe. There were literally just two geriatric plods stood outside the front door. He could easily have got across to Turkey, and then on to anywhere, without anyone bothering

The police haven't actually been outside his embassy since 2015 (it was deemed financially unviable to do so) so he had quite a bit of space. I think you can count on the fact secret service are likely to be near by though (I think Pamela Anderson said something of the sort?) and he's hardly an unrecognisable pale white ghost.

Back